Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Thera Submod is coming!

Default Re: Thera Submod is coming!

would we be able to add any settlements when you have finished the submod? I mean can use a tool that add more regions and settlements or not? Just wondering?!

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    would we be able to add any settlements when you have finished the submod? I mean can use a tool that add more regions and settlements or not? Just wondering?!

Yes, I haven't reached the maximum number, so you can add twelve or thirteen more provinces and cities, I think.

Greetings Boyar can we see some kind of beta version of your submod in september?

Nice! Can't wait for the sudmod to come!

Hi, not in September as I have to restart the modifications to buildings from the original game due to an error impossible to find and fix. I will struggle to finish it by October or November.

Seeing the great interest in the history about the crisis of the third century presented in Rome II and YouTube documentaries, I've decided to bring something similar to the submod by creating two separate factions with different goals:
    -the western Imperium of the Constanti, centered on Constantium on the continent of Hadea and ruled by an Imperator
    -the eastern Republic of the Romuli, centered on Romulium on the continent of Avernus and ruled by the Senate with magistrates, a Tribune and a perpetual Consul
    Last edited by Boyar of Translavia; September 07, 2020 at 09:19 AM.

Nice idea!

Wow, thats really cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Boyar of Translavia View Post
    Seeing the great interest in the history about the crisis of the third century presented in Rome II and YouTube documentaries, I've decided to bring something similar to the submod by creating two separate factions with different goals:
    -the western Imperium of the Constanti, centered on Constantium on the continent of Hadea and ruled by an Imperator
    -the eastern Republic of the Romuli, centered on Romulium on the continent of Avernus and ruled by the Senate with magistrates, a Tribune and a perpetual Consul
    As a fan of roman empire i really like your idea to make romuli empire separated in two factions, that will make game more interesting. What about the other factions? Will you change all or a few of them?

In the north, the men of Valhalla are transformed into a confederation of Jarls under Rothgaard, the Pact of Iron, with every member having different units. Men of Wotan are of Ysmir now, based mainly on the original ysmir units, but also surrounded by rebel peoples with different units, with the possibility to unite them. Also, the O'Neil Clan of Brewall can unite different clans and have many different units.
    The three Heroic factions will start as small tribes with the potential of a unifying force for the surrounding tribes. That will give them the feeling of real time northern barbarians, who all had a uniting powerful man or tribe, who drove them southwards.

In the Chivalric World, the Dracules are split like the Romuli in two factions: Varia Noble Seats and the Order of the Dragon, with the original units split. The Good Knights and the Vexilles will have new units, they will battle for Salia, and turn the landmass to the Faith or to Heresy. Avalon and Pale Knights are gone, with the island being home to bandits, brigand archers and rogues, making it interesting to conquer and have access to those units; and burden of protecting the pilgrims to Bae Eden will fall on the Good Knights. Also the Armada of Deliverance comes as some kind of Sea Crusaders, with new units. I plan to give some new units for the chivalric factions, in the form of powerful city militias, in the wake of the future redevelopment of the cities after the fall, they will be linked to the guilds.

On Bellika, the Otterbach will retain the teutonic units, facing the Black Army of Faust with it's original units, as these two are awesome, and need no changes, we will have a great contest between two different technologies, some will chose Otterbach and some Faust. the original Sangre Valiente are changed into the Money States with many original units and some new ones who will give the feeling of a union of wealthy city-states, surrounded by a lot of mercenaries for hire. The Money States became rich from usury and the forbidden trade with the pagan desert merchants, but they have maintained good relations with the Inquisition, bribing the last Grand Inquisitor, but now Zappa recently ascended to the holy title and remains to be seen how they will manage to appease him. The Most Splendid State of Trantos is a heretic and hedonistic city-state, and has only new units (masked and of the gunpowder era). And the League of Privateers became something of a real League with Greystokes and other powerful pirate Houses and cartels with their own private armies like Faust has, overall the privateers have a mix of original units with many new ones.

In the Slavers World, the Taharids start only with the original Tushkan desert warriors, and they resemble a desert tribe who starts to conquer civilized regions and Vashta Guilds start with vashta and some tahar original units, but they are surrounded by a lot of regions with different peoples and new units, and will benefit as they grow in size and power. In the southern Bellikan desert, we will have some military technologies retained only in some regions making them vital if one faction wants to have access to that technology or method of warfare. The Twin Malekates retain some original barka units but most of their armies have new units, with an additional auxiliary of a new bestial race enslaved by them. The Malekate of Araz resembles the Nabateans and the Malekate of Padmea resembles Carthage.

The Lao and the Xenatans have divided the original units, Lao has the mongolic and Xenatans the samurais and the Celestial Dynasty has only new units. Lao are the nomadic invaders from the Sumari Steppe, Xenatans are the warlike islanders, and the Celestials want to destroy the powerful local prefects, bring a new order and unite the people of Huang-Chuan.

In the South, the Romuli and Constanti retain the original units, with 3-4 legions composed only of new ones. After the loses of the Romuli at the disaster of Demosia, the need to keep the bestial gladiator revolt at bay has made the Legions stationed on Hadea to proclaim an Imperator. The Triarchy has the original spartans with a lot of new units and the Phobosian Tyranny has the original dominion hoplites as a nucleus but the rest are only new units, (many serpent guards and Minotaur units).

The Freehold is based on Spartacus revolt and has mainly the bestial original units and the Immortals are an occult theocracy, worshipers of Hades, with interest in subduing Hadea and also in the Ghull Peninsula they raised the ancient Ghullis race (anubis) to fight for them. They have the original callisto priests plus a few new units.

The Klingons are the present descendants of a crew from a ship who crashed in the deserts of Bellika and they will bring more flavor to the game, they have only new units, definitely.
    Last edited by Boyar of Translavia; September 09, 2020 at 02:42 PM.

Hey, how's it going, Boyar? How is your submod?

It's going well, I've remade the script for buildings and today I will differentiate the roman units for the two factions.

We will make Thera great again!

Good to hear that, pal! This is awesome news!

Boyar, i know it might be a silly question, but when you will release the submod?

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

Dude, chill. Boyar is a one-person mod team. It'll be ready when it is ready, find something else to do in the meantime

Right, my bad.

Greetings Boyar how goes the work?

Hello boyar your project is still alive?

Foederatus

How's the progress Boyar ?

Hello Boyar I really hope to see the beta version in January I wish you success in your work