Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: [2016 Modding Awards] Discussion Thread

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default [2016 Modding Awards] Discussion Thread

Esteemed fellow TWCenteres, welcome to the 2016 Modding Awards!

Please us this thread for discussion about the awards, questions and possible suggestions for the future editions.

Please remember to read The Rules before nominating and don't forget that any nomination that will not respect them will be discarded without any further notice.

We are at your disposal for any clarification!

Flinn,
    on behalf of the Modding Awards Commitee.
    Last edited by Flinn; March 30, 2017 at 08:19 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Default Re: [2016 Modding Awards] Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula the Mad View Post
    None of the links in the "Tools and Resource List" work.
    Thanks for notifying us. Fixed
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

For the Total War Attila nominations, technically would Seven Kingdoms, Medieval Kingdoms and Ancient Empires count as Unit Mods or Compilation and Overhaul mods? None of the three released a campaign in 2016, just purely custom battles.

2nd Edit: Also, you misspelt "significant" and "significantly" every single time you typed it lols. Isn't misspelt a real word? Has my whole life been a lie?

3rd Edit: In which category would you suggest we nominate battle maps for Rome 2, Attila and Warhammer? Gameplay Mods, or a new category perhaps?

4th Edit: Just to clarify, are the lists of mods on each page mods that have been nominated by the Mod Awards team, or are they simply suggestions that have to be nominated by an individual user for them to available in the actual voting?
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; March 30, 2017 at 08:23 PM.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function

Awesome work guys. It might be worth mentioning which titles correspond to TW2 Engine, and which to Warscape, for those that don't know, here.

The word "Classical" in the context it's been used is still like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Blog Entries

3rd Edit: In which category would you suggest we nominate battle maps for Rome 2, Attila and Warhammer? Gameplay Mods, or a new category perhaps?
    Should be gameplay mods

4th Edit: Just to clarify, are the lists of mods on each page mods that have been nominated by the Mod Awards team, or are they simply suggestions that have to be nominated by an individual user for them to available in the actual voting?
    The lists provide what the Commitee identify as eligible for every single mod we could find that complies with this edition's rule, but they are not automatically moved to vote; at least one nominations is needed for a mod/modder/resource to be included in the voting polls

So, to clarify:

- The lists provide what mods the Commitee has considered eligible for this edition, but in order to be included in the future voting polls a Mod need to have been nominated at least once by a member; if the mod(s) you like has been nominated by someone else already, you don't need to nominate it again.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Thank you for the nominations Mod Awards team but could you please remove my two mods "Fog of War Begone!" and "Lore Friendly Necromancy" from both this list of nominations, and even from the Mod page where they're hosted?
    I removed the mods from the lists; for what concerns the removal from the hosted mod pages, you have to get in contact with Gigantus.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

None of the links in the "Tools and Resource List" work.
    I've checked the links for the Ressource category and they work for me.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I've checked the links for the Ressource category and they work for me.
    Iskar fixed it a few minutes after I posted that, it's all good now.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    It might be worth mentioning which titles correspond to TW2 Engine, and which to Warscape, for those that don't know, here.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Should be gameplay mods
    The lists provide what the Commitee identify as eligible for every single mod we could find that complies with this edition's rule, but they are not automatically moved to vote; at least one nominations is needed for a mod/modder/resource to be included in the voting polls

So, to clarify:

- The lists provide what mods the Commitee has considered eligible for this edition, but in order to be included in the future voting polls a Mod need to have been nominated at least once by a member; if the mod(s) you like has been nominated by someone else already, you don't need to nominate it again.
    Thanks a lot to all involved members for putting up the Modding awards!

Here are some questions about these new "normal/classical" sections. I guess that lots of modders/players are interested in these questions as normally for modders their updates are significally for the players.

- If we modders/players nominate a mod for the "normal" sections and if then the commitee decides that the mod isn't eligible for being in the "normal" section as they mark it as "not significally updated". Are these mods then automatically moved to the "classical" section for voting?

- If a modder released an update for his "Units Mod" in 2016, but there were no new custom units, is it then only eligible for the "classical" section?

- If we modders/players don't really know where we should put our mods (normal/classical)?

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    It might be worth mentioning which titles correspond to TW2 Engine, and which to Warscape, for those that don't know
    Corrections are welcomed.

TW2 Engine: Rome, Medieval 2
    Warscape Engine: Empire, Napoleon, Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer

Libertus

Quick question: why no category for MTW/STW??? People are still working on mods for these engines, too...

Blog Entries

@ Swiss Halberdier, any mod/submod with updates made in 2016, aren't eligible in the "classical" category. That's to avoid double entries (if possible). Agree that for some of them, the border between updated or not updated is rather not so clear. I'm pretty sure that you have one in mind but you're not sure where to nominate it
    You should just ask here directly if you're not sure and we will answer to you as soon as possible

@ Macsens Rufus, feel free to post a list here and we will look at it.

As said, our lists are just for information and can be reviewed if necessary
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

@ Swiss Halberdier, any mod/submod with updates made in 2016, aren't eligible in the "classical" category. That's to avoid double entries (if possible). Agree that for some of them, the border between updated or not updated is rather not so clear. I'm pretty sure that you have one in mind but you're not sure where to nominate it
    You should just ask here directly if you're not sure and we will answer to you as soon as possible
    Thanks a lot for your quick answer Lifthrasir! It's now clear about the normal/classical sections.

Where do you suggest that I can nominate the Unit Pack Compatibility Project mods for Empire, Napoleon, Shogun 2, Rome 2 and Attila?

I updated all of them in 2016 and they add the compatibility for foreign languages in terms of gameplay for the players of these Total War games, but they don't contain any custom units. So they could be in the related "Units Mods" sections or in the related "Gameplay Mods" sections.

Blog Entries

That's basically a translation. I'd personally nominate it in the gameplay category for 2016. However, it's better to wait a bit, until Flinn reverts with the "official" answer from the Committee
    It shouldn't be too long.

Blog Entries

That's basically a translation. I'd personally nominate it in the gameplay category for 2016. However, it's better to wait a bit, until Flinn reverts with the "official" answer from the Committee
    It shouldn't be too long.
    @ Swiss; I'm to agree with Lifth, you can nominate it in the gameplay category; however, as Lifth said, in case any modder/player has a doubt to where to nominate a mod that it's not included in the lists we provided or think that a mod has been wrongly placed in a category, please just post a request here or send a PM to me and we will deal with is asap.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

it has come to my attention that there might be a confusion about how nominations work. The LISTS we have provided are only for CONSULTATION, so this means that those are all the mods we could find to be eligible for this year's edition, according to the rules; by NO MEANS they will be automatically moved to vote (so to say, included in the voting polls) if they HAVE NOT RECEIVED AT LEAST A NOMINATION.
    So to expand: if you see a mod in the lists we provided and you want it to be included in the polls, then NOMINATE IT; if for any reason it has been already nominated, you don't need to nominate it again, but should you do that, it won't be an issue (please in any case check, if anything to avoid spamming the nomination threads).

Libertus

@ Lifthrasir, thanks for your reply - I'll go through the rules and see what can be done

Dunno why I didn't think of this before, but for the Resources Award do all the resources we nominate have to have been made or significantly updated in 2016?
    Three of the five I nominated were made in 2014.

Blog Entries

No, there's no limit to the date of release of the resources, at the least for this year's edition; depending on what will be the outcome for this edition we might evaluate to update this rule in the future (next editions I mean).

Great job! Congratulations to all organizers of Awards 2016. You did so very quickly and very effectively.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_80 View Post
    Great job! Congratulations to all organizers of Awards 2016. You did so very quickly and very effectively.
    we can certainly improve, though

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast