Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FAUST (Faction And Unit Stat Table) available here

Default Re: FAUST (Faction And Unit Stat Table) available here

FAUST is great, but how about information about the animations? seeing that animations have a huge impact on the effectiveness of each unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx_15 View Post
    What does HRE mean? Always wondered that.....
    here is your ansver -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roman_Empire
    Sitarus Originalus Pontifex Maximus -30+
    Gen. von Sitar
    also known as original-30+
    Slovenci kremeniti!

BruceAlmighty's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Ikarash View Post
    couple of questions tough.

Ok spearmen get ac4 or ac8, do you add it to their standard attack or replace the standard attack with it.
    For the ammo table, how can a unit of handgunners have 20 ammo, they really must have more ammo than that. So could you please explain that.
    Also there are some units in the list which I don't know from the game.
    For example I have never seen dismounted bodyguard before, how do you do that. I have never seen mounted longbowmen before either.
    Partisan Militia
    Landsknecht Pikes
    Reiters(are a HRE only unit so add the star).
    Dismounted gothic knights
    Famiglia Ducale
    Royal Banderium
    Dismounted Tuareg.
    Might have missed some, might have overdone a little.
    I have printed out the faust en will most certainly use it. I think that it is indeed a very usefull list. So please dont see my post as critisism. But more as feedback.
    Greetings and enjoy the holiday

so how do i get all theses, like the dismounted longbow men, i really would like to know if theres a mod for it or somthing, and which one it is

Tiro

Default Re: FAUST

I have found most answers by myself as well now... i seem to have missed them in 1.0 as well. I still havent found the mounted longbowmen and partisan militia tough. Any clues to were they might be trained?

The spearmen question is still unclear. It seems more likely they add the (ac4) 4points to their standard attacker.

Greets
    Sold my Soul for Rock NRoll

Town Watch's Avatar Domesticus

Hi! Ive found FAUST to be a good tool in my M2TW campaigns.
    However, there was one feature which would have also been VERY useful particulary in campaigns. You see, I have sort of photographic memory, so a picture of those units would have made identification really easier.

When you are involved in a tight battle against 1:2 odds, one of the enemy armies is composed of elite troops (don't attack that one first) but there is also a ragtag enemy army with some elite units.

At this point, on the battlefield, I usually forget which enemy units ar p00wnage, since they tend to have these weird names. So piccies of the (particulaty dangerous)units ought to be nice.
    "What do I feel when I kill my enemy?"
    -Recoil-

Could it be that the link above doesn´t work anymore? I always get an "invalid file ID" message when I click it.
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

well, apart frm the fact that it took me 1 hour to save.. great :|
    p.s i have a fast connection: 7.7mbps
    "...and all the men and women merely players."

how do you get mounted longbow ?
    Maybe add where you get the unit next time?

gandy's Avatar Laetus

All this time and I thought the voices were just incorrectly allocated!

(HRE = Holy Roman Empire.....German?!?!)

So what's the equivalent of the Romans called then? The Milanese and Venetians?

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Quote Originally Posted by gandy View Post
    So what's the equivalent of the Romans called then? The Milanese and Venetians?
    The Byzantine Empire.

Laetus
    In my head, though my body resides near Seattle

Great file!

I just have one question: I assume that unit size is the number of men when using the normal setting for unit size--How do I figure out how large the units are on the other settings?

The Good's Avatar the Bad and the Ugly

Icon2 Re: FAUST (Faction And Unit Stat Table) available here

Quote Originally Posted by big_feef View Post
    Holy Roman Empire... basically the Germans. It was neither Holy, Roman nor an Empire.
    I know who came up with that term, Voltaire!

link broke in first post

There is mention of elites in missile ranges, could the tables be updated to detail which units are elite. Are there any melee elites, and if so who are they and what can they do that is different from standard units ?

If and when this is updated for 1.2, it'd be nice to have a column indicating the highest armor upgrade that the unit can receive too, for planning purposes.

The new FAUST will be made available here shortly after the release of Update 1.2.

Thank you all for your commentary and suggestions.

With regards to including unit photos, it would be difficult to include them on a one page per faction limit. As well, each unit photo would add to the file size and considering that there are 21 factions and Appendices, it would far exceed the limit of keeping the FAUST to a 1MB download. It would be great otherwise.

As far as “elite units” are concerned, that was a term used to imply that the more expensive and equipped missile units had weapons ranges of 160. The term has since been removed. Now, every unit’s missile weapon range is listed on the FAUST.

Details of the FAUST improvements and additions will be posted shortly after Update 1.2.

It shouldn’t be too long now.

brandybarrel

Ziggy the Monk's Avatar Laetus

I am no expert but as far as I know and think: The Holy Roman and Bystantine Empires stemed from the obvious choice - the vast Empire that was Rome. Due to many reasons (size and barbarians being main ones) the Roman empire split in two, East and West, they later gained thier new names. The HRE is Holy becuase Charlamagne was crowned Emperor and later Holy Emperor.

The link didn't work for me. Can someone repost it please?

Quote Originally Posted by brandybarrel View Post
    The new FAUST will be made available here shortly after the release of Update 1.2.

Thank you all for your commentary and suggestions.

With regards to including unit photos, it would be difficult to include them on a one page per faction limit. As well, each unit photo would add to the file size and considering that there are 21 factions and Appendices, it would far exceed the limit of keeping the FAUST to a 1MB download. It would be great otherwise.

As far as “elite units” are concerned, that was a term used to imply that the more expensive and equipped missile units had weapons ranges of 160. The term has since been removed. Now, every unit’s missile weapon range is listed on the FAUST.

Details of the FAUST improvements and additions will be posted shortly after Update 1.2.

It shouldn’t be too long now.

brandybarrel
    Would you object if someone else made a version of your table with images? I was thinking of using the in-game thumbnails.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast