Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quarks vs Consciousness

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Quarks vs Consciousness

Donald J. Trump,

Well, being a little flippant here I can choose to kick a rock but it cannot return the favour since it has no life force beyond what it already is. Another example is that when taking the dog out for his morning walk and it is either raining or windy, I can ask God to stop the rain around us or calm the wind and He does that and has done that on many occasions. On the occasions it hasn't happened was because I didn't ask. Concerning the rat or any other animal, man was put on this planet in part to look after them, why? Because man was made superior to them although at times one has to ask why that doesn't show up by the number of animals mistreated by humans. In many cases we have found that animals have a suprior conscious awareness than has man being able to detect ilness in a human for example so I wouldn't downplay what any animal is capable of just because they cannot relay it as we can.

Elfdude's Avatar Tribunus
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    Well, being a little flippant here I can choose to kick a rock but it cannot return the favour since it has no life force beyond what it already is.
    You kicking a rock is a mechanical motion, a rock which was arranged in a complex form could indeed kick you back. Furthermore this isn't a choice, this is summing of neural inputs which in turn activates the response to kick. Your ability to do that is no different than the ability of a computer which we would both say is not living.

Another example is that when taking the dog out for his morning walk and it is either raining or windy, I can ask God to stop the rain around us or calm the wind and He does that and has done that on many occasions. On the occasions it hasn't happened was because I didn't ask.
    This has nothing to do with choice. You ask because your input tells you that you dislike the rain and that you foolishly believe there's something who has nothing better to do than listen to your momentary whims. These activate a neural response no different than kicking a rock.

Concerning the rat or any other animal, man was put on this planet in part to look after them, why? Because man was made superior to them although at times one has to ask why that doesn't show up by the number of animals mistreated by humans. In many cases we have found that animals have a suprior conscious awareness than has man being able to detect ilness in a human for example so I wouldn't downplay what any animal is capable of just because they cannot relay it as we can.
    Again you've missed the point entirely in your proselytizing. We're done here.

Donald J. Trump,

It is written that life is in the blood so until God breathed life into Adam he was just as much a rock as anything else. So what rock can kick me conscoiusly back? Your argument about the ability of a computer is totally dependent on the information it already has the ability to use which is just the same argument that man can only use what God gave him in ability to use, the only difference being that we can adapt whilst a computer cannot. For example we can feel pain and therefore adapt to respond to it. A computer cannot unless it has been artificially adapted with sensors which is outside its own capacity to do.

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

1. A blur becomes sharper the further way it is.
    Also, and this is the most profound statement one can make, you decide what is, by the defining it. You see "tree" and instantly demarcate its boundries, otherwise you would see nothing but a "cloud".
    2. Do you have to sense everything that happends to you?
    3. We don't know if there even is any particles, could all just be empty space.
    4. Maybe you are the creator of all things, just as you created the "tree"?
    5. The waggon at the furthest back in a train is affected by the pull of the one in front, no matter how many waggons there are. Which would mean that you could "see" everything?
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

If a person does wrong we can take it for certain that they know they are doing so, why? Because the conscious ability we have been given tells us. For sure we can ignore our conscience and carry on doing that which is wrong but that doesn't mean that everything we do is wrong, it's just that sometimes doing wrong has its advantages on a personal level. Perhaps an example might be that we can admire someone yet feel dislike for a person standing next to them for no apparent reason other that first looks. But once we get to know both perhaps the liking and disliking can change regarding our new found knowledge of them. Conscience plays a great part in that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123