Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Justice League (2017)

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Default Re: Justice League (2017)

If they did it half as well as Batman Begins I would be impressed.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

I watched it on friday, overall I did enjoy it. The first half is quite messy though but that was kind of expectable when you have to set up 3 new heroes, a villain and the end-game.

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

As one of the few that actually liked BvS, I loathed Justice League. It was a Marvel movie in everything but name and that wasn't what I was paying to see. The villain was uninteresting and comically weak once you-know-who showed up. In fact I'd rather had this entire movie being about the team trying to resurrect Superman and turn him sane again, since that would be an actual challenge. Of the new characters I was positively impressed by the Flash. Not so much by the bland Khal Curry. Wonder Woman and Batman were both immensely boring compared to BvS, unfortunately. Also, I don't even recall a soundtrack from this movie. But then again this is what you get when Joss Whedon gets to make his mark. 5/10 (It was still much better than Suicide Squad)

It is obviously that a "Marvelesque" movie was what we would get since we knew they brought Whedon. Wich imo is a very overated director.
    But you know what, it is what People have been clamouring since the begining. Now they are getting it.

Btw i didnt like a single DC movie yet. Allthough i thought, MoS was ok. BvS was dumb, and badly concieved. SS was horrible, And Wonder Woman was a mediocre film, that got a lot of praise, for what they tried to achieve, then what they actualy achieved.

In My Opinion anyway.

Note that i think marvel isnt that much better as well.

All i want to see is good films. Logan was a great film early this year for example.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; November 21, 2017 at 03:00 PM.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Funny thing is the Joss Whedon havent actually directed any of the really good marvel movies. He did "the avengers" which was good when it came out, but I dont think it has held up that well and "age of ultron" which is one of the weaker ones.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Anyone see the Snyder/Director Cut?

Has some problems still but holy was it better than Whedon's cut.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

I plan to watch it tonight. Excited.
    I loved Henry Cavill as Superman and always preferred DC's dark world over Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    Anyone see the Snyder/Director Cut?

Has some problems still but holy was it better than Whedon's cut.
    Yes. I enjoyed it overall. Miles better then 2017 version. Still cant stomach Erza Miller, and his flash. Best scenes are related to superman, and sadly, his scenes are far in between. The villains were much more compelling this time around, and Darkseid had me wanting more of him. WW looks the best i have seen her, as action, and badass goes. But we can tell Gadot is not a good actress, despite how good she looks.
    I liked Cyborg story and Dr.Silas story in this film, it was handled much better. But the CGI for him looks horrible. He looks better with a hoodie then without.

Too bad i think the Snyder verse is dead in the water, and will not have a future. Mind you, im not a big fan of Snyder, and i still prefer him to JJ Abrams and his bad robot crew, and Ta-Nehisi Coates as the writter that is coming along with him.

I Have zero interest in the future DC films if im honest. Prepared to have a black Superman, that is all about BLM, and a latina SuperGirl, a black Green lantern ( which im fine with if its Jon Stewart, and if they do Jessica Cruz, is fine as well), But they will go full political, and full intersectional. It is Coates Jam after all. Also the new Matt Reeves batman doesn't inspire confidence with Robert Pattinson as Batman, and a race swapped Gordon.

Big corpo Hollywood films are less and less interesting to me.

The only franchise im waiting with some genuine interest is Dune if im honest.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; March 24, 2021 at 11:32 AM.

Blog Entries

Regardless of your feelings on Ezra Miller, it's clear his Flash and Fisher's Cyborg got shafted in the Whedon cut. I actually liked his Flash more though they cut one of my favorite moments with him in the first version.

No wonder Fisher was pissed. He was practically the star of the film with how much he was connected and the Whedon cut basically annihilated his story down to the bare bones..

Agreed a bit on his CG though. I'm wondering if it is just difficult to make such a character look great on film. I'm willing to give it a pass though.

And yeah, probably no more Snyderverse. Which is a shame because I really want to see the future where Supes is bad. Loved his fight with Steppenwolf though...SW was just completely outclassed by Superman's powers.

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Regardless of your feelings on Ezra Miller, it's clear his Flash and Fisher's Cyborg got shafted in the Whedon cut. I actually liked his Flash more though they cut one of my favorite moments with him in the first version.

No wonder Fisher was pissed. He was practically the star of the film with how much he was connected and the Whedon cut basically annihilated his story down to the bare bones.
    Of course big time. Their stories are more fleshed out and i dare say Cyborg story is even central to the film. But still isn't a proper flash even CW flash is better. It isn't a proper Iris west either. I swear, for a moment i thought he would make a dick joke with that hot dog.
    The effects, and slow motion for the Flash was cool, even though the way he runs is very weird.

I think the Ray Fisher Drama has to do with Joss Whedon behavior on set, i dont think it was just the cuts, and the change in direction of the film. ( Whedon basic humor ect).

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I don't actually mind the CG for Cyborg. It makes him look a lot more inhuman and ailien which makes him quite terrifying and reflects how he feels inside.

Hot dogs made that scene so brilliantly dynamic!

I was expecting green lantern to join.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Snyder wanted a green lantern to show up in the end instead but studio didn't allow it because they were afraid for their upcoming Green Lantern Corps.

Blog Entries

I find it absurd they were going to do JL without Green Lantern. Unless the entire Corps is off fighting Darkseid at that very moment you would think they could spare the two that are assigned to Earth's sector of the universe.

Unless the eventual Green lantern film was supposed to show why the corps couldn't fight in JL...

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Weird experience watching an extended four hour version of a film I'd already seen and thought poor.

While the final conflict/battle was clearly better, the long drawn out route to it was a drag. I don't buy Affleck as Batman for one second, his suit makes him look like Santa's fat evil brother with fake abs. Gadot can't act, that's well established, but giving her too much dialogue just made it more obvious. I found it hard to care about Flash/Cyborg as they were basically pointless other than being needed to bring Superman back. While Aquaman had zero point.. And that's the problem with the movie in general, it's not a Superman movie but without him the rest were of no use at all.

There's the much anticipated apperence of the Joker, thrown in to a post credit montage that feels like every trailer for every future DC movie Snyder imagined he'd get to make...

Had this come out in 2017 (in two parts), it would have still been poor but maybe more paletable.
    Then it would have been blown away by the MCU and we could have all forgotten about it.
    Now it just feels like way too bloated and way too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Had this come out in 2017 (in two parts), it would have still been poor but maybe more paletable.
    Then it would have been blown away by the MCU and we could have all forgotten about it.
    Now it just feels like way too bloated and way too late.
    You've already seen this done. It was called Return of the King. And Return of the King Extended Edition.

What they did in 2017 was more... Whedon-buffing and changing the story outright, or at least attempting to as if it would really save it. The four hour movie had a lot of stretching slow scenes that could've been trimmed to hell and they could've released a 3 hour movie that was a lot better than Whedon's trash.

But no way you can call the Snyder Cut and the Whedon-buffed 2017 film the same story.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    But no way you can call the Snyder Cut and the Whedon-buffed 2017 film the same story.
    Build team - Check.
    Resurrect Superman - Check.
    Stop Steppenwolf from getting boxes - Check.

Build team - Check.
    Resurrect Superman - Check.
    Stop Steppenwolf from getting boxes - Check.
    The Flash, Cyborg, and Silas Stone really begs to differ on how wildly different on Whedon's spray-painted movie is from the Snyder story that could be shortened to 3 hours for a movie theatre.

But then, if you don't realize this, something tells me you're feeding bs to the forum on whether you ever watched the 2017 movie, much less legitimately contrasted it to the Snyder story.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    The Flash, Cyborg, and Silas Stone really begs to differ on how wildly different on Whedon's spray-painted movie is from the Snyder story that could be shortened to 3 hours for a movie theatre.

But then, if you don't realize this, something tells me you're feeding bs to the forum on whether you ever watched the 2017 movie, much less legitimately contrasted it to the Snyder story.
    Sorry, it's just not that different, plot wise it's the same movie. Added CGI scenes, added slow mo scenes, added a bunch of superfluous crap at the end that will probably never get made, scenes. You're left with the exact same 3 plot points I already mentioned.

Sorry, it's just not that different, plot wise it's the same movie. Added CGI scenes, added slow mo scenes, added a bunch of superfluous crap at the end that will probably never get made, scenes. You're left with the exact same 3 plot points I already mentioned.
    "Every action scene is the same."

Gotcha. You just don't care about the plot. That's fine. Go...watch...uhh...I'm not sure...every other action movie???? I'm sure it has the same generic plot. You can rant in this forum the same. Rate the the same useless rate? Let us know when you watch the movie.

Or... Maybe...the two directors made two different movies. Let me know.

Here. Here's the 2017 cut. Just so you know.

Now here's the Snyder Cut.

Try to say they're the same.
    Last edited by Gaidin; April 05, 2021 at 10:05 PM.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast