Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Justice League (2017)

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Justice League (2017)

Curious if this will be any good.Honestly, if Wonder Woman tanks this summer and this does in the fall, I'll pretty much lose faith in the DCEU. I guess we will have to see.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Default Re: Justice League (2017)

CW is still putting them to shame. Did like Batman's line though.

Barry Allen: What are your super powers again?
    Bruce Wayne: I'm rich.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

maxi90's Avatar Campidoctor

I hope this and WW are good, but they probably wont.

Khal Drogo looks cool tho.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

I thought the ending is Superman join back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Curious if this will be any good.Honestly, if Wonder Woman tanks this summer and this does in the fall, I'll pretty much lose faith in the DCEU. I guess we will have to see.
    I have higher hopes for this than for the WW standalone movie. Less risk of ancient mythology being perverted through zeitgeisty nonsense. Also, the trailer looks OK.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

I thought Batman's powers were that he had a butler?

By the way since when was Cyborg ever a member of the Justice League? I could have sworn that he was with the Teen Titans and that the Justice League had Hawkman and Hawkgirl in addition to the Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern. There is this huge blue elephant in the room... are they gonna resurrect Superman or something?
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; July 22, 2017 at 09:03 PM.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

In the new 52, they had cyborg instead of Martian Manhunter as one of the seven.

The inicial lineup varies. Now has Shazam where originaly it didnt etc.

are they gonna resurrect Superman or something?
    We did got that hint at the end of bat vs Sup

At anycase, he ressurected on the third , if i recall my scripures right...
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; July 23, 2017 at 09:35 AM.

Patrician

ah so we are gonna get Justice League III: the Quest for Superman.

I just don't get why you would put Cyborg in the Justice League though. BTW the New 52 Teen Titans sucks because the new team sucks total balls, Young Justice is even worse though. New and exciting characters such as Miss Martian... Kid Flash... Wondergirl (Amazon???)... Power Girl but she is Black and looks like Bumblebee... the Red Robin (basically a less emo Robin who isn't Nightwing) and let us not forget that crucial character to the Teen Titans, Super Boy. New 52 Teen Titans sucked pretty hard; it also had stupid plot points and tended to take its time doing nothing. New 52 Teen Titans also told Starfire, Raven and Cyborg to off so... nope don't want it. Not sure about the Rebirth comics because I officially stopped caring after New 52, then again I never much cared for the Teen Titans anyway.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Looking forward to this more than any Marvel films cause I've always been more of a Batman/DC kind of guy.

But right now I have two thoughts, they are still rushing into a JL film when they should make a solo movie for each member first to provide backstory, and that I am disappointed that they are mimicking the MCU with the abundance of funny one liners. I don't find it funny, and I preferred DC's darker vibe.

Patrician

They could take a page from the DC animated universe. That seems to be the vibe that they are going for with this. But I just don't see how they could give us a solo film for each character that isn't something that I have already seen. Aquaman has to become king of Atlantis, Cyborg has to get over his crippling injuries, Flash has to... get over his mother's death? heal the hearts of his enemies? get better one liners? Stories that have been told dozens of times by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    They could take a page from the DC animated universe. That seems to be the vibe that they are going for with this. But I just don't see how they could give us a solo film for each character that isn't something that I have already seen. Aquaman has to become king of Atlantis, Cyborg has to get over his crippling injuries, Flash has to... get over his mother's death? heal the hearts of his enemies? get better one liners? Stories that have been told dozens of times by now.
    When we get down to it, every superhero story has already been told dozens of times. Every MCU movie is basically the same story told differently. You don't need the story to be original for it to be told well.

With this move, I feel like too much time will be devoted to introducing the characters to the detriment of the movie.

Kinda like in Suicide Squad I didn't give a damn about any of the characters. In this movie I'll probably only care about Batman because he is ing batman, and Wonder Woman because I'm developing a crush on Gal.

Patrician

Probably true. Though since I'm not so big on Marvel I don't actually know if the Avengers story has been told already. I would think that it hasn't for the simple reason that I have not heard of that story. Backstory and origin stories usually serve to slow down the movie. They should probably be told in their own films but instead of an origin story how about just a movie that serves to establish the character without rehashing some origin story about how they became the whatever super hero.

Yeah, it doesn't necessarily need to be multiple origin stories. Just solo standalone films that provides backstory to the characters. I fear that without establishing the characters, they will be shallow. Like Flash=comedic relief (that we will need relief from).

Quick note on Avengers story: It draws heavily from some comic stories. I'm surprised you are not aware of this. I don't read comics at all and I'm familiar with the infinity gauntlet saga.That note aside, that is not what I meant. That falls under how you tell the story, but the basis of it is always the same. Hero(s) overcomes odds to defeat bad guy, while often overcoming their own personal struggle is an oversimplification, but it works for now because I don't want to type a lot lol

Patrician

Yeah Age of Ultron, Civil War and Infinity are all from comics. Though was the first movie necessarily from a comic book? I don't seem to recall a comic where Loki joined forces with Thanos to invade the Earth.

My understanding is that they took elements from different stories and merged them. I cannot speak to any specifics though

Patrician

Was the DC cinematic universe kill? I keep hearing this but no idea if it is true.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Its probably gonna suck. Gonna hold on to my cinema ticket until I know it dont.

Patrician

Why is the tone so dark? Even the lighting is dark? What is dark about a robot throwing a merman at an alien? It just takes itself way too seriously. I'm sorry Zack Snyder but I don't even.

DCEU can learn a few things from Nolan if they want to do a dark, gritty, and serious universe.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast