Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: [UP]TES UP 2.0.5. RE-RELEASED on the 17th March 2024

Default Re: [Sub mod] Unofficial TES Patch 1.3 - DOWNLOAD LINK

This may not be the right place, but this is where the activity is. So, quick question does the red year work in this mod? The more important question is how do I avoid it? Thanks.

Hey, thank you for your work! this is huge!

There's no lore basis to believe that in the belief-powered TES world that women are even physically weaker than men, and in fact more reason to believe that any differences are negligible, as seen in Oblivion and Morrowind base stats. Magic isn't even relevant. Many of the greatest warriors, politicians, mages, everything, in TES, have been women, so there's really no need to carry real-world prejudices...

Personally, having female characters isn't worth it, period. This mod can't be lore-accurate in that way, furthermore, whether you can tell or not, I can tell what the male and female names are, they follow very predictable naming conventions, and changing that for a point that can only be half-delivered (famous women reduced to ancillaries on a made-up male? "women" with a transitioned name?) is just going to diminish the overall quality.

Depending on what female characters are introduced, it could be interesting, but as far as I can tell, most of them would only be of any use in campaigns where children can basically just be disabled, like Three Banners War, etc.

Personally I'm also of the opinion that hot seat playability and single player campaign shouldn't be considered at the same time... I'm not anybody important, but to me, the most important thing for the mod is to represent TES mechanics and world in an interesting way as faithful as possible. For instance, I noticed that the cause fear was removed from Nords, probably for hotseat reasons? In any case, there is a lore backing for this, as it is the Nords' racial ability, to make a fearsome war cry.

For the record, Almalexia wasn't Queen anyway. Morrowind did not have a monarchy until the Septims imposed one on them, and even then, that monarchy was powerless.

+Altmer names For reference. The male and female names (post-Arena, Daggerfall) follow predictable naming conventions and styles, and it's better to keep this intact than to warp or change it, in my opinion.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Red year should be working in this version. It is fortunate it was not working before as it would end the game for everyone. The original script would make Vvardenfell out od bounds (after all settlements taken by Ashspawn), as well as all seas, by mistake I suppose. I removed the part with putting some regions out of bounds as well as perhaps some other things. I made these changes really long time ago so dont remember details. You can avoid it by building that thing in Vivec city (cant remember the name right now). For it to trigger there also must happen some stuff with Nerevarine and the living gods of tribunal (almalexia killing sotha-sil, end of tribunal etc) - there are several ways for this condition to come true, but but I suspect this isnt fully finished as the red year itself by the devs, so its possible they come never, or very rarely true. This one is not exactly easy to test... Will look into that, samely as the unite script.

@skellior

I suspect you misunderstood me. I have used female names only for few special characters in game. There is about 2763 names in the mod right now, perhaps about 20-30 of them are female names. I had no intention to include females names equally to male names. The chance you get a new characters with such name is pretty low, and if I figure out how to make unique names, the problem will be even smaller.

The reference to the names system from Arena/Daggerfall is interesting, but irrelevant in the same time Im afraid as basically all new names I added are mainly from the newer TES titles, where these conventions dont seem to be followed that much.

Not quite sure what do you mean by the 3rd paragraph?

If I wanted to create perfect hotseat mod, half of the new features I made would have to be removed. As you can see these features are still there. Not sure what happened with cause fear for nordic units, as Im pretty sure I havent removed this one. On the other hand, Im not sure if we should consider in game mechanics (especially abilities etc) as the actual 100% lore. These things are made more because of gaming reasons, than the actual lore in some cases I think, to increase gaming experience (talking about bethesdea/zenimax games ofc, not the mod). Cause fear might go to some nord units, but I think this should go mainly to orcs, daedras etc. I think the nords should have better morale instead of causing fear, what they already have via the ratial traits if Im not mistaken. As I said, for the next version Ill be looking mainly into units stats, to improve the battles as much as possible. Also, hotseat are basically not using manual battles at all, so none of these things could be possibly removed because of that.

Well, nobody is saying almalexia is a queen. Using tribunal faction for TBW would not be that interesting, as they would be able to hire only ordinator units... Not sure how else we could call the faction than a kingdom... Suggestions?
    Last edited by Jadli; May 30, 2017 at 02:32 PM.

Any idea what's happening with my UI when I get reinforcements? Switching to minimal UI seems to have no effect.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Furthermore the Empire seems to die instantly as soon as the Oblivion Crisis starts, before Kvatch is even taken. Happened in both my Valenwood and Ashlands campaigns.
    Last edited by Kamos; May 30, 2017 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli
    Using tribunal faction for TBW would not be that interesting, as they would be able to hire only ordinator units...
    However with the current recruitment system it's not worth it to recruit the other houses units as Kingdom of Morrowind. The other houses units can only be recruited in one or two place in the world every 10 turns and take two or more turns to recruit. It takes around ten turns to get them to the front and if they get damaged you have to sned them back again for retraining. The Ordinator units are available everywhere and have faster replenishment rates.
    "Fusozay Var Var": Enjoy Life

I thought you were saying you were changing female names into more androgynous names and incorporating them at the same time, alongside the male names. Unique names works.

I think you misunderstand me. I wasn't talking about the Arena/Daggerfall naming conventions. The opposite, I meant that after (post) Arena and Daggerfall, we have predictable, realistic naming conventions, like real-world names. To the point I could just make up names of any race "Gebeloth" "Dornagor" "Githeniel" for Bosmer, for instance, and they sound like Bosmer names, because there is a particular sound for races' names, based on race and sex. Or Elinelion or Iledil or Eldafire for Altmer.

Third paragraph, having female names in character lists is only useful in campaigns where it's unlikely to be played to the point where children are actually born, such as short-term wars that don't last tens or hundreds of years. In the current game, this is all campaigns.

Well, to my point about the Nords. The Nords have among the finest armies in all of Tamriel. If anything, Orcs should simply have higher charge values and "may charge without orders", combined with high morale, to represent their berserker power, or the still-functioning warcry power from Rome:TW. (I believe other mods have gotten it functioning, this would be ideal for the Orcs). It's not about representing game mechanics as lore... On the contrary, it's about seeming like a TES game by making your TES racial choices reflected in your play style in the campaign. Your choice of a race to play as should influence how you play. For instance, if you are Orcs, you should be berserker-bands charging. If you play as Nords, cause fear also changes your style (I agree it should only be given to some middle-ranking and elite units) by prioritizing making the milk-drinkers in the enemy army flee.

Three Banners War should probably just call the Morrowind faction as "Morrowind" or "The Grand Council of Morrowind", as detailed here, specific attention to "Three of Nerevar's associates among the Orthodox Houses, Vivec, Almalexia, and Sotha Sil, succeeded to control of the re-created First Council, re-named the Grand Council of Morrowind, and went on to be come the god-kings and immortal rulers of Morrowind known as the Tribunal, or Almsivi." It doesn't include House Telvanni, but that's okay, because that's still the Grand Council, I assume Telvanni temporarily withdrew from the Council when it ratified the war.

I looked further into it, I'm not sure what warcry does at all. It seems like perhaps it is a morale boost? With high charge stats for Orc units across the board, could be good anyway, perhaps. Not sure!

Sorry to triple post, but this shows promise: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...56#post9579356

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    Any idea what's happening with my UI when I get reinforcements? Switching to minimal UI seems to have no effect.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Furthermore the Empire seems to die instantly as soon as the Oblivion Crisis starts, before Kvatch is even taken. Happened in both my Valenwood and Ashlands campaigns.
    Yea, I know about the UI bug. That needs to get fixed...

Will find out whats wrong with The Empire... Seeml like if AI forgot to adopt new family members....

Quote Originally Posted by K'Sharra the Conqueror View Post
    However with the current recruitment system it's not worth it to recruit the other houses units as Kingdom of Morrowind. The other houses units can only be recruited in one or two place in the world every 10 turns and take two or more turns to recruit. It takes around ten turns to get them to the front and if they get damaged you have to sned them back again for retraining. The Ordinator units are available everywhere and have faster replenishment rates.
    Thats the same as for other special units. These units are not supposed to be part of regular KofM army. If they were, KofM would have an insane advantage, as they would be able to hire 4 times more units than other factions? Which they already basically can. The faction wouldnt have resources to hire so many units so quickly anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by skelior View Post

Well, to my point about the Nords. The Nords have among the finest armies in all of Tamriel. If anything, Orcs should simply have higher charge values and "may charge without orders", combined with high morale, to represent their berserker power, or the still-functioning warcry power from Rome:TW. (I believe other mods have gotten it functioning, this would be ideal for the Orcs). It's not about representing game mechanics as lore... On the contrary, it's about seeming like a TES game by making your TES racial choices reflected in your play style in the campaign. Your choice of a race to play as should influence how you play. For instance, if you are Orcs, you should be berserker-bands charging. If you play as Nords, cause fear also changes your style (I agree it should only be given to some middle-ranking and elite units) by prioritizing making the milk-drinkers in the enemy army flee.
    Ye, I have been slowly heading this way, as this is already partially done with the ratial traits. Including these things in battles is more difficult, but I plan to spend a lot of time on this for the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by skelior View Post
    Three Banners War should probably just call the Morrowind faction as "Morrowind" or "The Grand Council of Morrowind", as detailed here, specific attention to "Three of Nerevar's associates among the Orthodox Houses, Vivec, Almalexia, and Sotha Sil, succeeded to control of the re-created First Council, re-named the Grand Council of Morrowind, and went on to be come the god-kings and immortal rulers of Morrowind known as the Tribunal, or Almsivi." It doesn't include House Telvanni, but that's okay, because that's still the Grand Council, I assume Telvanni temporarily withdrew from the Council when it ratified the war.
    Hm, interesting. Seems that could work.
    Last edited by Jadli; June 06, 2017 at 08:37 AM.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

It's with great pleasure that the Modding Awards Committee informs you that this mod has been awarded in the recent 2016 Modding Awards, as seen here! Please feel free to stop by and check the list of all the winners.

Also, don't forget to check
    here for more details about how to promote the victory of your mod.

If any question about please feel free to use the
    Discussion thread.

Flinn,
    On behalf of the Modding Awards Committee
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

There seems to be a problem with the music while using your patch. In both battles and the campaign map there is no music at all. Any idea why this would be, and if so what the solution is?

Gaming Emeritus

Victory in the awards caught me completely by a surprise I would like to thank to all those who gave their votes to this patch! Will work even harder on the next version I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by mevans596 View Post
    There seems to be a problem with the music while using your patch. In both battles and the campaign map there is no music at all. Any idea why this would be, and if so what the solution is?
    Nobody else reported that, so it seems something went wrong during the installation. Try reinstalling

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Victory in the awards caught me completely by a surprise I would like to thank to all those who gave their votes to this patch! Will work even harder on the next version I suppose

Nobody else reported that, so it seems something went wrong during the installation. Try reinstalling
    Hmm...i tried that, and the issue unfortunately remained. I tried as well just leaving the base mod music files but that caused a weird issue where it played Rome TotalWar music....:S Maybe its just a factional thing....Ill try and see if the other factions have this issue when I get back home.

Gaming Emeritus

try deleting map.rvm

Where is this file located?

Gaming Emeritus

If you are playing the main campaign,it is data/world/maps/base, if you are playing a custom campaign, its data/world/maps/campaign/custom/somth

What faction and campaign are you playing by the way

There is a map.rwm, but deleting it seems to cause the same issue as when I leave the base mod files. I am playing the main campaign as Orsinium.

Gaming Emeritus

Not sure, just go to descr_sound_music_types in the same folder and you will figure it out. After that you must delete map.rvm again. However, you will need to start a new campaign if Im not mistaken, as it ill not change the old saves. Do you have the same issue with all other factions? One way or another, it works fine for me, so you probably just keep making the same mistake during an installation. How did you install it?