Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: [UP]TES UP 2.0.5. RE-RELEASED on the 17th March 2024

Default Re: [Submod] Unofficial Patch for TES:TW - Version 1.41 RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I am running into some technical problems from my side trying to upload the two installers (total size 2.2GB) - my connection is absolutely awful and drops occasionally. If I can't get the second, larger installer uploaded by late this evening (about 4 hours) then I am going to create a torrent.
    Oh boy, it's coming

Hey guys! Asbjorn returning- now with a whole lot of personal issues out of the way, and with a number of new tools at my disposal, I have returned from my long, overdue hibernation.

Jadli, Rafmc, if there is anything you need me to work with, then send me a PM. Now that I have Photoshop on my computer, I can hopefully replace a number of missing unit info cards.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Right torrent it has to be. For those not familiar with the principle:

Essentially you will be downloading files from someone elses computer, the torrent application makes sure that you only download what you want by way of the small torrent file that contains the file info (hash file verification).
    You will need to have a torrent client installed, my personal choice is bittorent, but any client will do.

Downloading:
    - Download the ZIP file here and extract it
    - run the torrent file, this will start the download
    Note: my upload speed is atrocious, so the speed will be low (about 60kbps) until the upload has been done once. After that the speed will depend on who else is seeding (uploading)

Installation:

Install in numerical sequence, else you cannot use the start option in part 2
    Part 1
    - Run TESTW UP 1.41 - Part 1.exe
    - Make sure the installation path points to the Medieval II Total War folder, change manually if required
    - Don't mess around with the installer window, simply leave it alone
    - The file verification at the end of the installation may require permission (depending on your system setting) for quicksfv.exe

Part 2
    - Run TESTW UP 1.41 - Part 2.exe
    - Make sure the installation path points to the Medieval II Total War folder, change manually if required
    - Don't mess around with the installer window, simply leave it alone
    - The process may appear frozen at around 97% 64% due to a large file being processed, leave the window alone
    - The file verification at the end of the installation may require permission (depending on your system setting) for quicksfv.exe
    - You have a button to view the change log (optional)
    - You have the option to start the game when exiting the installer (optional, activated)

General:
    - The set up is steam compatible
    - Start the game by either using the launcher short cut or the direct short cut
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 28, 2018 at 03:05 AM.

Blog Entries

Someone is already downloading the torrent (4 so far at 5%) - I am showing about 50Kbps total upload speed, please don't expect more then that. I'll be constantly seeding so simply enjoy your day, you should have an ETA of the download.

The moment someone hits 100% the speed will increase dramatically as that's when the sharing begins.

Edit: need to disconnect for an hour or so for some maintenance here - don't panic, leave your download alone - will post again when re-connected.

Edit2: back online - spoke to the maintenance guy and he said that there might be one or more short disconnections. Simply stay on, 5 downloaders reaching 20%.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 27, 2018 at 12:20 AM.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Nice.

Well, as we agreed, once I have it downloaded, Ill upload it on moddb, thus it will be easier to download for everyone

EDIT

Also, dont forget this is only The UP .

You need to have installed 1.4+1.41. Dont renane the folder, so the instal overwrite these files right away.
    Last edited by Jadli; January 27, 2018 at 02:14 AM.

ook, thanks for the infos fellows!!

Asbjorn, good, now that you have Ps you could make some graphics editings, like the cards, pics and other 3d-2d..

Arglaxx's Avatar Libertus

I suppose I am the first who got to 100% after a painful 3 hours of download that should've taken like 10 minutes with my net, hopefully will be faster for others now.

Gaming Emeritus

We all got there in the same time I suspect....

Ill now upload on moddb and make some overview post

Gaming Emeritus

Unofficial Patch 1.41 for The Elder Scrolls (FINAL)
    What wasnt in the BETA, bugfixing:
    (great thanks to Gigantus, especially to the new installer)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    -Missing castle free upkeep
    -Fixed khajiit and dunmer temples
    -Voices/music should be fixed too (but these files tend to get crazy often during installations)
    -Fixed inconsistencies in unit stats
    -Fixed thanes texture, mythic dawn textures, removed Dismounted Knights of The Dragon
    -Fixed incorrect settlement levels/walls
    -Fixed fighters guild triggers
    -Slight script/campaign balancing, especially Oblivion Crisis
    -Missing buildings pictures, names etc
    -Editing to map borders
    -Various other minor bugs/crashes fixed

Improvements by Gigantus
    - fixed all unit sprite file sizes
    - corrected formatting in EDB
    - removed duplicates from export_buildings, added missing descriptions
    - removed duplicates from export_units
    - removed duplicates from export_ancillaries
    - removed duplicates from export_vnvs
    - removed duplicates from historic_events
    - corrected formatting in campaign_script
    - corrected formatting in descr_strat
    - added missing names to descr_names and text\names
    - removed files with Cyrillic lettering (causes error during installation)
    - compiled automatic installer with file verification after installation
    - changed log path to default (possible non generating otherwise)
    - adjusted vertical text off set in campaign HUD tabs
    - corrected formatting in descr_strat
    - corrected settlement errors in descr_strat (core level and min\max pop errors)
    - compressed map TGA files and generated new map.rwm file

Features
    (very short version)
    - Custom stratmap (settlement/ports/...) models for each race.
    - New audio, music, IU, animations, battlefield models, skies, water, etc
    - New banners for several new factions. New mod logo.
    - Added a new religion - Yokudan Pantheon (for redguards). Changed religion of ashlander tribes to deadric cults.
    - Added about 1500 new (sur)names and about 250 custom portraits (for ESO characters mostly)
    - Changed many of faction leaders/heirs prefixes, priest titles, settlement names, ...
    - Fortresses can be upgraded
    - Many map tweaks - adding ports, changing borders, economical improvements, lowered levels of most of settlements, as they now can be upgraded, et
    - Balancing campaigns - Added/removed/changes many scripts. Changed starting balance of all factions (buildings, traits, ....),...
    - Decreased movement ranges.
    - And more...

Recruitment, units and buildings
    - Recruitment based on religion - You need to convert foreign settlements before you can hire there new units.
    - Massivel rebalanced unit stats (especially unit costs and upkeeps) and recruitment trees (upgrading military buildings is necessary to get elite units, etc)
    - Unit additions - For The Undead, Dunmer, Redguards, Orsimer. Few more variants of siege crews. Readded some units removed by 1.4. . Made generals recruitable for all factions.
    - All units now can be recruited.
    - Tasunke's Esperitus Sancti mage improvement included.
    - List of AoR units:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

List of AoR units (not mercenaries) and where to find them:
    unit - region - faction
    (Dismounted) Knights of The Dragon - Daggerfall/Glenpoint - Daggerfall/Wayrest
    Knights of The Rose - Wayrest/Firebrand Keep/Gauvadon - Daggerfall/Wayrest
    Abibon-gorah Knights - Abibon-gorah - Clans of Crowned and Forebears
    Winterhold mages - Winterhold - Skyrim
    Akavir Tsaeci - Imperial City - Empire (Second Era)
    Arcane Archmages - Imperial City - Empire
    Blades - Cloud Ruler Temple - Empire (Third Era and The Great War)
    Wood orc archers - North-western Valenwood - Kigdom of Orsinium
    Orcrest Warriors/Archers/Spearmen/Marauders - Orcrest - Kingdom of Orsinium
    Skaal Warriors and Hunters - Solstheim - Northern Factions
    Dawnguard - Fullhelm Fort/Fort Dawnguard - Northern Factions (Second and Fourth Era)
    Lillmoth fishermen - Lillmoth - Tribes of Black Marsh
    Ebonheart Guard - Ebonheart city and castle - Empire/Hlaalu
    Buoyant armigers - Ald'ruhn/Ghostgate/Molag Mar - Redoran/Tribunal
    Hands of Almalexia - Vivec city/Mournhold - Tribunal
    Thanes - Skyrim - Skyrim
    Necrom Ordinators - Necrom - Tribunal
    Imperial Legion Company units - Skyrim/Morrowind/Black Marsh - Empire
    Silstriders - Morrowind - All morrowind factions
    Crystal Tower Wizards - Cloudrest - Aldmeri Dominion
    Firsthold Wizards/Masters of Age - Firsthold - Aldmeri Dominion
    Alinor Wizards - Alinor - Aldmeri Dominion
    Psijics - Alinor/Imperial City - Aldmeri Dominion
    Telvanni Wizards/Masters of Mage - Telvanni lands - Telvanni
    Knights of Iron - Leyaviin/Totambu/Guavadon/Camlorn/Sunkeep/Antiphyllos - Nine Divines factions and redguards
    Knights of The Lily - Anvil/Markarth/Morkul Stronghold/Farrun/Northpoint/Taneth - Nine Divines factions and redguards
    Knights of The Circle - Cheydinhall/Daggerfall/Sentinel/Kozanset/Hallin's Stand/Skaven - Nine Divines factions and redguards
    Knight Mentors - Anticler/Wayrest/Abibon-gorah/Skingrad - Nine Divines factions and redguards
    Crusaders - Sharnhelm/Ravenwatch Castle/Dvinnen/Rihad/Gilane/Kozanset/Vulnim/Falinesti/Gideon/Lillmoth/Chorrol/Windhelm/Solitude - Nine Divines factions and redguards
    Knights of The Nine - Kvatch - Empire (Third Era)
    Knights of Horn - Dukfron/Lainlyn - Clan of Forebears
    Knights of True Horn - Clan of Crowns lands (Third Era)
    Knights of Candle/Moon - Sentinel - Clan of Forebears
    Bosmer units - Valenwood - Aldmeri Dominion
    If Anequina/Pelletine controls all of Elsweyr, they can hire few units of the other faction in the starting settlements of the faction
    Several dagoth units - Ashlands - Dagoth
    Wood Sench Riders - Elsweyr - Valenwood
    Volkihar Units - Volkihar Castle - The Undead (or northern factions in some scenarios)
    Desert Riders/Sench - Elsweyr - Anequina
    Blackwod Guild Units - Blackwood - Empire/Elsweyr/Argonians
    The Companions - Whiterrun - Skyrim
    Wildhunt - Valenwood Event - Bosmer/Altmer

- Added several new buildings, such as temples, knight chapters, etc
    - Spies, assassins and Fighters Guild units can be recruited from guild buildings (thus, you need to accumulate guild points to build them)

Traits and Ancillaries Overhaul
    Ratial traits - All major races of Tamriel are in game via traits. Effects of these traits might be slightly changing player's strategy for some factions
    Birthsign traits - Every new character is randomly born into certain star constellation, giving him small bonuses.
    Religion traits - Characters with high piety might become dedicated followers of one of the gods, giving them small bonuses.
    Khajiit traits - Many traits from khajiit culture has been added, as well as khajiit name suffixes.
    Faction leader traits - These traits usually have two levels. The first, basis level is granted when a character becomes faction leader. The second level might be obtained if a faction leader unites the entire province/becomes more powerful. Example - Grandmaster of House Hlaalu/King of Morrowind.
    Vampires, Werewolves - Vampyrism and Lycanthropy is now imgame. Your generals might get bitten...
    Governor ancillaries
    - Governor ancillaries for most of settlements. Titles are not the same for each faction. For example if a nord becomes lord of Anvil, he is called jarl, while an altmer would become canonreeve.
    Special ancillaries - For various special military units/guilds/orders (for example the companions, dragonguard, etc)
    Character Ancillaries - For important characters, such as Sotha-Sil, Molag Bal, Hero of Kvatch, etc
    And many more...

6 Custom campaigns
    See the first page for more details

Changes to official 1.41
    Almost all features of the official 1.41 included, except - their recruitment and unit balance system (overhauled), changes to events - you can no longer obtain Mannimarco (as you can play the undead faction instead now). Dawnguard script moved to the 2nd and 4th era campaigns, Harkon script availible only in campaigns where the undead are not playable. You can no longer choose whether Oblivion Crisis happens (and of course, the invasion was improved, so its no longer that imbalanced), you can now upgrade fortresses to citadels. Fighters guild turned to actual guilds. Replaced 1.41 governor ancs with our ones. Removed few other ancillaries (=replaced with our variants), added triggers to armor/weapon/shield/banner ancs. Added more ports, changed some borders, and really lot of smaller things naturally....

Bugs:
    - There seem be relatively lot of crashes. However most of them can get solved simply by reloading so rather make more saves.
    - There are also many bugs, as I didnt have time to test everything properly, thus report everything you find, thus I can fix them asap!
    - Help us fix the bugs - Whenever you approach any bug/crash, help us get rid of them, by reporting it to me (messages or posts). The report should contain report from log file (Medieval II Total War/logs) or/and a save made just before the crash!
    - Some battle settleement models might be incorrect.

- A hotfix/patch should be released circa a month from now, fixing the crashes (with yout help), and including several new features from my team, that they havent managed to provide on time.

Install instructions:

1. Download The Elder Scrolls mod 1.4 + The Elder Scrolls Patch 1.41

2. Download and install TES Unofficial Patch 1.41, and follow the install instructions. (You can also use an alternative torrent link by Gigantus). If you have issues with starting the installer, try extracting it first.

3. Go to The_Elder_Scrolls/data/sounds and delete events.idx and events.dat (to fix voices)!

4. You are ready to play!

No other files or patches are necessary.

Visit our moddb page!
    (thats also where you can find more previews)

If you like the mod, reward us with a reputation!

Jadli
    K'Sharra The Conqueror
    rafmc1989
    Tasunke
    Gigantus

See the first page for more info
    Last edited by Jadli; February 11, 2018 at 04:05 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arglaxx View Post
    I suppose I am the first who got to 100% after a painful 3 hours of download that should've taken like 10 minutes with my net, hopefully will be faster for others now.
    I have got a pretty decent download speed and some time ago did some search why it is a fraction (less then 10%) of my download speed. This discussion seems to be the best explanation.
    Some info regarding torrent seeding.

Now, how about a quick review about the installer(s) since you had to wait so long for it to download? The lack of comments lets me think that it is my usual quality product, eg click and forget.

General note: now that the upload is fully seeded and others with much better upload speed will hopefully continue to seed you should get download speeds that you are accustomed to.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 27, 2018 at 07:36 PM.

Default Re: [Submod] Unofficial Patch for TES:TW - Version 1.41 RELEASED (FINAL)!

The install was fairly fast, what I find weird is that I waited like 3-4 minutes more for the 1st part to install while the 2nd part is way bigger, and the 2nd part froze around 68% instead of 94% or something like it said in info but I didn't had any problems.

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Submod] Unofficial Patch for TES:TW - Version 1.41 RELEASED (FINAL)!

The first part had 22K files and was way more compressed due to the file type, the second part only had 450 files - the unpacked size of both parts however was nearly the same (difference of +-200MB).

I forgot to adjust the percentage number in the display warning after a last minute adding of more material which shifted the processing of that big file (sounds\music.dat, 1GB) - thanks for that feed back. Changed the install instructions in the thread accordingly.

Did the file verification start automatically or did you have to give permission?
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 28, 2018 at 03:08 AM.

Alright, found something pretty bad IMO. The Khajiits from Anequina are using Argonian voices, double checked it to be sure, the Khajiits of Pelletine are using the proper Khajiit voices though.

Gaming Emeritus

These voice files are draining my blood, they just keep getting crazy for no reason... not sure if i can fix it

If someone else could check it aswell, it might have been a bad install for me..

Gaming Emeritus

Its the same for me too, havent noticed before. If someone can make a fix for that it would be great, I lost patience with it . In the meantime we will have to live with it, this might get fixed without affecting compatibility anyway
    Last edited by Jadli; January 28, 2018 at 02:51 PM.

Yup, Argonians are using Dunmer voices aswell, someone must have mixed the voice files.

EDIT: Bosmer are using Khajiit voices too. :/
    Last edited by Arglaxx; January 29, 2018 at 02:05 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

Its not simple as that, the files are correct etc I think. This stuff just tend to get crazy when replaced/moved it appears, not exactly easy to fix it seems. I fixed most of them for this version... (it seems to be about 3 factions only, so with some luck you will not even notice when playing till its fixed....)
    Last edited by Jadli; January 29, 2018 at 01:13 PM.

Blog Entries

You will need to check the sound txt files and then generate new dat\idx files to correct this problem. That's where it comes handy to use unpacked music files in installations as this would be a simple fix then.

In the case here you will have to upload the edited txt files together with the 1GB music.data\idx unless the change is in voice.dat\idx (speech usually is) - that's only 35MB

Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [Submod] Unofficial Patch for TES:TW - Version 1.41 RELEASED (FINAL VERSION)!

To fix bugged voices, simply go to The_Elder_Scrolls/data/sounds and delete events.dat and events.idx. no idea how could I have forgotten about these two files... (apologies it took so long but after the release I didnt have any time to look into it).

In a few days Ill release a small hotfix, including this fix, further voice polishing/additions, and some other not so essential stuff (like incorrect portraits, buggy general bodyguards,etc. Maybe also something more, as I finally have more free time again).

And check this thread pls http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...and-Ghostfence