Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 82324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: [UP]TES UP 2.0.5. RE-RELEASED on the 17th March 2024

Default Re: [UP]Unofficial Patch for TES - 2.0.1 RELEASED - NEW VERSION RELEASED 2nd FEBRUARY 2021

upgrade_settlement <settlement name>

Works fine. Do that twice and even though my building is still a castle I get access to the fortress level upgrades,

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [UP]Unofficial Patch for TES - 2.0.1 RELEASED - NEW VERSION RELEASED 2nd FEBRUARY 2021

Ashlander Camps Recruitment - Allows recruitment only when inside a fort
    Discovered a new type of script. This allows to use forts as semi settlements, making it possible to use them as recruitment centers! (The camp on the pic is not a settlement, but a fort ) The normal mercenary system will still be kept, this is just an addition to it

In other news, 2.0.2 will likely be up in a few days.

Gaming Emeritus

Using Necromancy to raise executed enemies as undead
    Will work for all factions, not just the Undead (though, most of the necromancers are with The Undead of course).
    The more you execute, the more you can raise. Unit size of these units is 250, so you have to execute at least 250, 500, 750 and so on.

Gaming Emeritus

Unofficial Patch 2.0.2 for The Elder Scrolls

Upgrade to the new TES 2.0.2 release of the main mod - The King and Crusader Event included, as well as all other main features of that version
    Features - 2.0.2

Expanded Necromancy

Necromancers can now raise executed enemies after every battle via mercenary window. You are also able to turn turn your characters to necromancers with a small chance when they in a settlements with a necromancer guild. Once you potetionally accept Mannimarco Event, those chances grow up significantly.

Expanded Vampirism
    Added an ability to send characters to Volkihar (once you take it) to purposely turn them vampires, including your faction leaders. Hence, this way you would be able to the Vampire Event faster. Also increased "random" chances of being infected by Vampirism (when fighting vampire generals, etc).
    - For both, added more consequental trait triggers - If you accept either above, necromancers/vampires will be more loyal, while the other generals will be less loyal.

Alchemy Improved
    - Improved alchemy triggers in a way, that is easier to get crafting started. On the first levels of Alchemy trait you can gather only ingredients that you can use, hence it is easier to know which ones you can use

Forts as Minor Settlements
    - Ashlanders can recruit units in their camps (permanent forts), therefore the forts can now serve as "minor" settlements.

Missions and Guilds
    Dungeons contracts targets will now not be that far away (via decreasing movement points of assassins)
    - Enabled several missions that were not working in the previous version - Primarily capture and convert type of missions and more Dark Brotherhood missions
    - Increased rewards for missions significantly, implemented a new type of reward based on your income. The Factional Guilds are not a bit harder to get

Units and Balance
    - Added Royal Chosen while keeping the original reskinned Heavy Altmer tier, hence the altmer roster is expanded. The Royal Chosen are availible to Summerset Kingdom, however if Council of Thalmor destroys them, they are allowed to recruit them as well.
    - Re-added The Thegns.
    - Increased movement pace of several infantry based factions - primarily the orsimer and argonians.
    - Added many more availible armor upgrades - the orsimer are only faction able to upgrade armors for all their units fully
    - Various other balancing - stats, prices, attributes, availiblity

Turns Times Optimization and Stability
    - Reworked large portion of the scripts to shorten turn times and increase stability
    - Garrison Script replaced with one that is much more optimized. The AI reinformences appear once you choose to "maintain siege".
    - Added an option to download the mod with and without Engine Overhaul Project Tool (EOP) as for many people it doesnt seem to be compatible.

Other
    - Fixed Akaviri and Maormeri invasions, their forces should now be actively invading.
    - Blackmarsh can now turn horde when they loose all settlements (as well as Orsinium, Ashlanders and The Undead from previous versions)
    - Campaign AI improved further, the Battle AI reverted back to Germanicus.
    - The King and Crusader Event expanded to Forebears, Colovia and Thalmor.
    - Custom bodyguards should now work properly.
    - Morale for AI slightl even more increased, as well as their recruitment priority.
    - Fixed the bug in custom battle select, there were some vanilla locations.
    - Fixed missing descriptinons for Blackmarsh culture (the DO NOT TRANSLATE)
    - Added missing descriptions for new units (credits to Jorven Greshnar).
    - Added The Prophet to The Three Banners War (using the new model from TES TW 2.0.2). Implemented some other minor things from the main mod that I left out last time, such as Silt Striders trade resource.
    - Replaced "Dont loose me!" portrait with "Dont lose me!"

If you like the mod, follow and rate us on moddb!

You can also join our official TES discord!
    https://discord.gg/c52HPFx

Install instructions
    Due to the numerous issues that people had with running the mod with EOP tool, I have decided to release 2.0.2. into variants, one using EOP (FULL FEATURES) and one without it.The version WITHOUT EOP FEATURES doesnt have these features enabled by EOP - Alchemy Crafting, increased ancillaries limit, Oblivion Gate Travel, 3 new religions (Maormer, Akavir and Eight Divines), increased required build points for sieges, berserk attributes for some units, ...

0. If you have a previous version of this path or the main mod, ie 2.0 or 2.0.1., you need to delete it first and start over.

1. Download and install The Elder Scrolls 2.0.2 Standalone. Of course, you need to apply 4GB patch as well, its located in your TES folder.

2. Go into your The_Elder_Scrolls/data and delete the whole "world" folder"!

3. Download and install TES Unofficial Patch 2.0.2 by extracting it into your The_Elder_Scrolls folder. You will know you are doing it correctly when it asks you to overwrite files, hit yes. This applies for both version, FULL and without EOP.

4. You are ready to play!
    For FULL version, you launch via the "TES UP Launcher", the version without EOP classicaly via The_Elder_Scrolls.bat

If you are having issues, such as being unable to launch or having frequent crashes, read the download thread to see tips, there are several ones that will help you. You should be definitely able to run the version "without EOP" with no issues, but some people might not able to run the FULL version properly.

See the OP (first post) for the full changelog

(in a few details I will try to release a guide the the mod - to all the features, factions and so on
    )
    Last edited by Jadli; March 31, 2021 at 01:55 PM.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: [UP]Unofficial Patch for TES - 2.0.2. RELEASED - NEW VERSION RELEASED 30th March 2021

Awesome.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Default Re: [UP]Unofficial Patch for TES - 2.0.2. RELEASED - NEW VERSION RELEASED 30th March 2021

Hi, i have a Question about the installation. I tried to install the patch, but the folder is quite different than in the Install Video, and it does crash everytime i try to start. Any advice?

The pic in the Attachment shows the Folder i get in the Download. I Tried to extract it into TES aswell, but it had 1 wrong file and wouldn´t work at least.

Thx a lot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.png  

Gaming Emeritus

Hey, have you read the install tips in the install thread?

Are you using TES UP.exe launcher to play the mod? (try to run it as an administrator)

Have you used 4GB patch on kingdoms.exe and medieval2.exe? (without it will not not launch) And are they the same size?

Have you first started steam?
    Last edited by Jadli; April 21, 2021 at 01:49 PM.

I tried all of it, just the TES Up is told to be a Trojaner somehow :OClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	144.4 KB 
ID:	364693

Gaming Emeritus

Its not. The antivirus/defenders just dont recognize these kind of programs. Most of modding tools are falsely flagged like this.

I dont put viruses into my mods
    Last edited by Jadli; April 22, 2021 at 08:24 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

Unofficial Patch 2.0.2 HOTFIX for The Elder Scrolls

See the Guide to the Features of the mod - READ HERE

Features - 2.0.2 Hotfix
    LINK
    - Signifiant improvement to AI and turn times
    - Fixes to Mannimarco and Vampire scripts. Fixed the missing vamp recruitment for Orsinum
    - Lowered chance of being infected by Vampirism and Lycantrophy
    - Fixed the Army Upkeep Script - The secondary generals no longer receive the upkeep traits (and hence money were removed for them as well) and fixed the issue with the upkeep not working for characters at sea.
    - Administrative education can now be improved due to town hall building chain, not Alchemy Academia.
    - Rebalanced imperial roster, renamed some units, and made order in their recruitment tree (properly divided the recruitment tree into auxillary cohorts and "home" cohorts that are better trained)
    - Fixes stats for some units, such as low tier skeletons, aldmeri, stormlords, ...
    - Fixes the issue with Dungeon faction not sallying (no more easy dungeon taking )
    - Assigned correct models for some agents of evil factions, so that they use daedric acolytes.
    - Balanced Alchemy - Potions now give much higher bonuses
    - Fix the crash that was happening on other factions' turns due to a typo in logistic traits
    - Solved the issue with graphical "cube" bug during sieges
    - Correct battle banners given to factions that had incorrect ones (such as Undead)
    - Imperial City battle map will no longer be showing up for Evermore and Sharnhelm city
    - Fixed the issue with some reward units being silver.
    - Fixed the model for Rynandor.
    - Argonians are now immune to diseases as well
    - Fixed the issue with stables not being availible in wooden castles
    - Fixed the issue with KOTN event not working properly when both sides were allied (war is now enforced)
    - Added more loyalty traits to Haafingar in Stormcloak Rebellion (so that they all dont rebel)
    - Building bonus of some factional buildings now apply only to the faction that is supposed to have it (for eample farms vs hunting hut)
    In a few days, I will try to compile a guide to the mod- to each faction, scenario and so on...

If you like the mod, follow and rate us on moddb!

You can also join our official TES discord!
    https://discord.gg/c52HPFx

Install instructions
    Due to the numerous issues that people had with running the mod with EOP tool, THE HOTFIX BY DEFAULT DOESNT INCLUDE EOP FEATURES (the info on EOP is below the install instructions), therefore USE The_Elder_Scrolls.bat or TESTW Launcher.exe to play the mod, definitely NOT TES UP.exe launcher. If you want to play with the full features (EOP features), use the switchers that are part of the hotfix. Intructions on how to switch are there.
    However, you can use this hotfix no matter which version are you using currently. Neverthless, your saved game will not be compatible either way.

0. If you have a previous version of this path or the main mod, i.e., 2.0 or 2.0.1., you need to delete it first and start over.

1. Download and install The Elder Scrolls 2.0.2 Standalone. Of course, you need to apply 4GB patch or LAA patch as well, its located in your TES folder.

2. Go into your The_Elder_Scrolls/data and delete the whole "world" folder"! Otherwise your start campaign menu will be all messed up.

3. Download and install TES Unofficial Patch 2.0.2 by extracting it into your mods folder. You will know you are doing it correctly when it asks you to overwrite files, hit yes. This applies for both version, FULL and without EOP.

4. Download Unofficial Patch 2.0.2. Hotfix, and etract it into your mod The_Elder_Scrolls folder. You will know you are doing it correctly when it asks you to overwrite files, hit yes.

5. You are ready to play!
    To launch via the "The_Elder_Scrolls.bat" or "TESTW Launcher.exe", not "TES UP.exe", unless you sitch to full features version

This version doesnt have these features that are enabled by EOP ("FULL FETURES") - Alchemy Crafting, increased ancillaries limit, Oblivion Gate Travel (in Oblivion Crisis Scenario), 3 new religions (Maormer, Akavir and Eight Divines), increased required build points for sieges, berserk attributes for some units, ...
    If you wish to enable them, use the switchers

If you like the mod, please rate and follow us here on moddb

(the video doesnt include the switchers, but otherwise the order of doing things is pretty much the same)

See the OP (first post) for the full features

(in a few details I will try to release a guide the the mod - to all the features, factions and so on
    )
    Last edited by Jadli; May 04, 2021 at 09:41 AM.

Default Re: [UP]Unofficial Patch for TES - 2.0.2. RELEASED - NEW HOTFIX RELEASED 30th April 2021

Hello there, good to see someone is working on this mod, when I last tried Elder Scrolls TW a couple of years back it was lacking alot of polish but this version is already looking great!
    I'm unfortunately experiencing a consistent crash on the Undead AI's turn in my Empire campaign. Switching to them and then back only means I get the crash next time I end a turn as the Empire. The save file is attached, campaign is the septim campaign with the full feature version.

Also if I may give some feedback: The economy at the start seems extremely off for many factions, especially the Empire in all campaigns. I understand you can fix it by disbanding most units and slowly building up but perhaps something could be done like giving settlements a bit more economic buildings at the beginning. I'm also wondering if you're planning to make more use of visual armor upgrades as that is one of the standout features of Medieval II and adds a great deal of immersion, at least for me.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Arni the Terminator; June 05, 2021 at 11:17 AM.

Default Re: [UP]Unofficial Patch for TES - 2.0.2. RELEASED - NEW HOTFIX RELEASED 30th April 2021

I managed to get further in the campaign, when I switched control back to the Empire yesterday I used the command "control normans" but found out today "control england" is actually the right one. Still hope the savegame is useful to find the reason why the Undead crash the campaign.

Gaming Emeritus

Hey, by full version you mean EOP version I suppose? Try switching to without EOP (the reguar version) then, the crashes mght be due to your system not liking EOP.

Anyways, the majority of those crashes issues seems to be tied to player's settings/system for whatever reason (for a lot of people those crashes dont happen, including me). See the anti crash info in the dowload thread on moddb, some of it should help with stability for you.

Maybe this one is not due to that, though I will be checking the save (thanks for the save) and other stuff in a month or so, when I get back to modding, so cant tell your right now.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

I don't know if any fix was found, but Im also getting consistent crashes on the AI Undead turn. Anywhere from 8-16 turns in, usually. So far it has happened on both EOP and non-EOP versions, and it has happened regardless of which faction Im playing.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Gaming Emeritus

Well, its random to a certain extent. You shuold be able to get rid of it by following the compatibility and other tips in the install thread, did you try them? That seems to matter more than whether you play EOP and non EOP version... some users seems to have these problems, while some other dont, so it has something to do with settings.... I will definitely try to fix this for the next version, so that everyone can play normally...

Anyways, a list of factions...

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I supposed the five at the bottom are the culture variations of the slave faction? Curious that this approach isn't used more often, used it in 1648:

Gaming Emeritus

No, they are "normal" factions . The three on the left are somewhat invading factions (like the mongolds) hence not playable. They are also not fully playable anyway, need to add some content to them, before I possibly make them playable in the future. The minor factions are just renamed rebels and Dungeon faction is a faction that inhabits the dungeons. Its a separate faction from the rebels due to various reasons that I need to make the dungeon system work (need AI to ignore the dungeons, make the missions work, etc...)

Though, I have also been using culture variants for rebel sub factions, based on your advice years ago

BTW, have you got any idea how to fix the issue when some people are having frequent end turn crashes, while others dont have almost any (including me). It seems it can be partially fixed by the usual stuff, like changing compability settings, running the game as administrator etc.... But I would rather fix the root that causes the crashes for some people in the first place..

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Most of those changed settings have something to do with memory handling, the usual 'patch' approach helps there as well. Unless you can get a recurring set of last lines in trace logs it will be difficult to pin point a particular issue otherwise.
    One cardinal sin is to have high vertice count models all over the place, be it on the strat map or in battle.

Gaming Emeritus

Thanks for the info!

Yea, there were some of the recurring triggers that I removed long time ago (like self perpetuating etc... the ones you know about as well), that removed some crashes...

Well, the original mod has those "huge" strat models as well, and it doesnt crash "that much"... But I suppose as we added even more content, it exceeds the memory handling for some people... What else could contribute to this issue, so that I know what areas should I try to optimize, if I may ask?

Also, sometimes the crash goes away if a player enables/disables "toggle_fow", not sure if this helps to find the issue...
    Last edited by Jadli; July 26, 2021 at 06:49 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

A new hotfix will be up in a few days, it should fix most of the end turn crashes, which are the main issue as of now, as well as other bugs and small additions/balancing