Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: [UP]TES UP 2.0.5. RE-RELEASED on the 17th March 2024

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [UP]Unofficial Patch for TES - 2.0 FINAL RELEASED - NEW VERSION RELEASED 2nd FEBRUARY 2021

Yea, all the ones that were in TES 2.0 are also in the UP now. (which doesnt mean that every building pic in the mod is custom though)
    Last edited by Jadli; February 03, 2021 at 06:57 AM.

Alzender's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: [UP]Unofficial Patch for TES - 2.0 FINAL RELEASED - NEW VERSION RELEASED 2nd FEBRUARY 2021

Great, I'll give the patch a try soon.
    It looks promising, especially the alchemy system and the turn's length reduction.

Gaming Emeritus

Just a heads up, somehow something that I fixed before ended up not being fixed again

Reuploaded the 2.0.1. with simple fix for Telvanni, fixing their adoptions/new generals. Not essential unless you intend to play Telvanni.
    Its not save compatible.

Default Re: [UP]Unofficial Patch for TES - 2.0.1 RELEASED - NEW VERSION RELEASED 2nd FEBRUARY 2021

I'm having a consistent crash on the AI's turn in my Ashlanders campaign. It's not the first but normally reloading the save and shuffling some characters around has avoided them. It's not consistent to a certain faction for me, just that it's on their turn. Save attached.
    Ashland.zip

Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [UP]Unofficial Patch for TES - 2.0.1 RELEASED - NEW VERSION RELEASED 2nd FEBRUARY 2021

Thanks for the report!

Hm, are you sure you are using a correct version, the 2.0.1? Cause I cant load your save... that happens when the save was made on a different version. Though, if you installed 2.0.1. version before the the tiny telvanni fix was included in it, then I also woulndt have been able to load it. What version you got and when did you intall it?

Also, which campaign were you playing? There were semi consistent crashes in the 4th era campaigns in the previous version
    Last edited by Jadli; February 26, 2021 at 05:07 PM.

I was playing the Black Drake.
    Pretty sure I downloaded after the Telvanni fix. I may have forgotten to tick the family trees fix box if that matters? And my ancillaries on the launcher were set to 14 not 16 previously.

But now my anti virus seems to think the unofficial launcher has a trojan in it or is a trojan. Wacatac.D3!ml whatever that is. Which is weird because I was running it fine for several days before it flagged.

Adding an exception doesn't fix my crash.
    Last edited by Kamos; February 27, 2021 at 02:07 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

well, ill try to see if im loading it on the correct version, but if you downloaded after Telvanni fix, it should have loaded for me, so weird, seems some fiels must be different for you. What you tick on the launcher doesnt matter, the stuff that needs to be ticked is already ticked in the 2.0.1. anyway (the 16 ancs was originally I suppose, it doesnt matter as well)

The launcher is totally safe. If it was flagged or "infected" must have happened on your side, I suppose remove the old one, and put there a "new one" from the downloaded archive?

EDIT

I can load it now, I reinstalled my TES, I guess I was playing with something that I shouldnth have, investigating
    Last edited by Jadli; February 27, 2021 at 05:33 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

Yea, I figured it out... its due to Thalmor (Veiled Heritance) Emergence, not sure what went wrong with it... I assume the AI id something weird, will try to optimize it for the next release.

You can solve it by typing "control byzantium" into your console (before you hit turn end on your turn), that will switch your faction to Sumerset faction, hit turn end on their turn. That avoids the crash and Thalmor spawns just fine. On the next turn just switch back to your faction by typing (control aztecs).

Sorry for the bug

Relentless Hunter 7's Avatar Libertus

Hey. So I installed this submod according to all the instructions but pic-related appears whenever I start any timeline: https://ibb.co/LdpvjxL
    First time I see something like this in a Med2 mod. What could be at fault here?

Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, I f'ed up in the installation.
    Last edited by Relentless Hunter 7; February 28, 2021 at 04:12 PM.

Finally got around to trying that workaround. Still crashes as soon as I hit end turn as the Summerset but I appreciate you looking into it.

Gaming Emeritus

It crashed for me once or twice but a few times it also didnt, that one is random. Thinking of it, why havent I just sent you the save after the event ? Will do so now

Gaming Emeritus

There you go, its turn after crash, so you can just play on
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yeah that save works for me. I've also noticed I get a crash sometimes when sieging out Dungeon forts, it doesn't always happen so I think the crash is related to them sallying to attack on the last turn as I've had them surrender forts just fine.

Also noticed some bandits and pirates are spawning in inaccessible areas. Screenshots attached.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210308225107_1.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	286.4 KB 
ID:	364314Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210308234207_1.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	239.7 KB 
ID:	364315Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210308234217_1.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	258.1 KB 
ID:	364316

In my save the Akaviri and Maomer raider don't seem to do anything. They've just landed and sat there. The Thalmor have a city on the mainland but their main armies are just standing on the beaches of the Summerset Isles. I can only assume they wish to swim to their new capital.

Edit: On that note I'm now getting a persistent crash at the start of the Maomer turn. This is a couple turns after their second wave of raiders event fired. Even went as far as 'control slave' to be sure(and delete those fleets) and as soon as I end turn as the Minor Factions the crash hits.
    Ashlandeverafter.7z
    Last edited by Kamos; March 08, 2021 at 10:54 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

I hit end turn and nothing happened for me, there is the next turn... https://www.mediafire.com/file/i9jto...ter_2.sav/file

Have you tried adjusting compatibility/administrator setting in medieval2.exe/kingdoms.exe? (its explained in the download thread on moddb) That solves majority of crashes , though weird that you would have gotten so far without having the right settings tho.

Yea, those trapped fleets/armies and so on for sure cant cause crashes, though I will try to avoid them being spawned there.

The crash with dungeon is likely due to witch dying (she is invisible, but carrying the name label) and one guy claims it depends from which side you besiege the fort? Anyway, not sure how to fix it yet. Though, I might have finally found a way to force the dungeon faction sally out, so no more easy missions

The game takes longer at the end of rebel turn because they are last in turn order generally, and there are lot of scripts and so on happening at that moment. Its not usually because something that the rebel faction specicially does. (You can check what the game is doing in The_Elder_Scrolls/log)

Im pretty sad about Maormer/Akaviri, in my tests they attacked after a few turns , well will fix them up.

The official 2.0.2 is being released on the 20th, so I will make a quick update on it once its done, so I will include fixes to all the issues and crashes. (though some of them are somehow caused by (compatibility) settings of players, so not sure if its possible to fix those from my end). Also there will be some improvement to the AI in general, and turn times.

Installation will also be easier, because afaik the official 2.0.2 will be standalone, and I will also merge UP 2.0, 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 into none- So it should be just 2.0.2 TES +2.0.2. UP

Thanks for all the reports Kamos.

BTW, how are the missions going for the ashlanders, especially regarding the rewards? And the missions from Ashlrander Tribe Council work fine as well?

It would be extremely helpful if you guys could post your experience with 2.0.1., regarding crashes and especially balance later in the campaigns, There are lot of new features, and for sure lot of it still need some minor or larger tweaking. And for that I need to hear from your guys, otherwise I cant fix it in the 2.0.2 in a few weeks.

Well to be fair I'm not sure how well an example my version is. I turned on compatibility which got me past my most recent save I sent to you without having to use the save you posted for me, though I appreciate it. But I kept getting crashes a few turns later as I sieged down the Indoril cities. The most reliable method of getting around the crashes were to end certain sieges against them. Like Molag Mal gave me a bunch of trouble for whatever reason but eventually worked after either canceling my ladder construction and making them next turn. Or by canceling the siege. But now I've reached a point where I have no sieges and have the same crash after the slave factions turn and I assume the Maormeri turn starts so I have no idea at this point.

The missions work pretty well, I've received plenty of Fighter Guild missions, a couple Morag Tong and even a couple requests from the pink Skyrim to attack blue Skryim. For rewards I tend to get pretty solid units, Fighter Guild Swordsmen, Ashlander Marksmen, Silt Striders with some money. The Skyrim involved mission had a trash reward though, they wanted me to take a city and give it to them for 500 gold when I wasn't even at war with their enemies. I can't recall getting any Ashlander Council missions, I think maybe I got one early in the campaign but at that was awhile back.
    Last edited by Kamos; March 09, 2021 at 07:39 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

Well, weird, can you send me the new crash save? I need to check if it crashes for me or not ( I think for compatibility you need to select the right one, and also enable run as administrator.... imho, this may work differently for each player, as M2TW is not a very optimized game.... though I suppose you got the right one, which one did you pick? I never needed to change those settings in the first place...). Im kinda confused by all the sudden compatibility issues...

Well, the pinks are not stupid.You get 500 gold for taking it, but then the moment you take it you can choose (yes/no scroll) to betray the pink and keep the settlement, or you give it to them and you receive much more gold. I suppose I should make it clear in the mission description, so ppl dont choose to not do it due to the seemingly low money. It technically finishes the first mission and gives you second one, and the second onefinishes the moment you hit yes/no, so it kinda looks as one mission.

Hm, I suppose I should increase ashlanders tribe missions then, they are kinda meant to one of the main features for playing them... (most factions dont have their factional missions)
    Last edited by Jadli; March 09, 2021 at 08:55 AM.

Disabling my anti virus completely seems to have done the trick. I've went over a dozen turns without issue. Still strange, I've never had this problem before.

On another note I've noticed Ashlanders can't build fortresses and citadels but their cavalry and swordsmen units require fortress or citadel grade building. Also It seems most Ashland units can't benefit at all from blacksmiths so they seem more like a money sink.
    Last edited by Kamos; March 10, 2021 at 01:04 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

Nice!

Well, yay, will fix that. You can get all the infrantry from cities as well, though not the cav. Fortunately you can conqer some large castles around at least tho

I've been using the console to force castle upgrades for now under the house rule a nearby city needs to be able to recruit swordsmen.

Gaming Emeritus

What do you mean