Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 318192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: [UP]TES UP 2.0.5. RE-RELEASED on the 17th March 2024

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [Submod] Unofficial Patch for TES:TW - Version 1.42 RELEASED (FINAL VERSION) - NEW HOTFIX RELEASED

The progress on the new version is going well, relatively soon in modding time there might be a new version, which will include many new huge things it seems ... And of course, all new suitable features from great TES 2.0 will be included as well

For now, some smaller previews, before I make a bigger one...

There is going to be an overhaul to guilds and missions, all of it replaced with lore missions and guilds, no more "random" council of nobles missions. Some of the new missions are previewed below, I will make more extensive preview about the new lore guilds and missions soon

And not so often used shadow mechanics will be used for some factions, such as Eastern vs Western Skyrim, Empire vs Imperial Rebels or Summerset Monarchy vs The Thalmor

Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [Submod] Unofficial Patch for TES:TW - Version 1.42 RELEASED (FINAL VERSION) - NEW HOTFIX RELEASED

Some new banners

If you can guess correctly which factions they belong to as first, you will get an access to some pre-alpha or pre-beta, once we have any

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Just had this issue on the Steam forum:

Quote Originally Posted by Steam discussion
    So when ever I have two armies of my own fight together the allied army UI bugs pretty badly. Only happens in this mod. I have deleted the Ui stuff in the Data folder like every single guide says and have reinstalled the mod about two times no. Any suggestions?

https://imgur.com/gallery/QqoS3fz This is the UI issue. It does not appear when i set the allied ui to hidden.
    My response, do check if this still applicable for the current version (I am assuming you are using the kingdoms version of the \interface\battlepage_01 file that has the distance symbol):

The missing 'distance' stance of the allied army is the clue:
    1. either the mod is using the default data\descr_ui_colour_db file instead of the updated kingdoms version
    2. or (and) is using the default data\ui\battle.sd and txt files instead of updated ones
    You can try the files from my Bare Geomod basic mod set up, but make a back up first.
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=352216
    Last edited by Gigantus; April 26, 2020 at 11:01 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

Thanks for letting me know.

Will fix it its still bugged. I already fixed it at least once, but then the fix got lost when making new versions and so on, so Im not sure RN

Gaming Emeritus

Age limit broken! (credits to M2TW Engine Overhaul Project https://www.twcenter.net/forums/foru...erhaul-Project )

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Age limit broken! (credits to M2TW Engine Overhaul Project https://www.twcenter.net/forums/foru...erhaul-Project )
    great!
    now we can see a long life elves )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    We can now create our own agents? In other words: a new 'type' entry in descr_characters with custom abilities? Because there never was a limit to the quantity, that was EDB set.

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    We can now create our own agents? In other words: a new 'type' entry in descr_characters with custom abilities? Because there never was a limit to the quantity, that was EDB set.
    I like how you can always confuse me Gig

If your response was meant to the picture, Divayth Fyr is a general, not an agent (to presise he is a named_character type of agent types in descr_characters)

Are you saying that there can more types of agents than 12? Based on your posts in other threads and the hardcoded limits lists, there can be only 12, right? And mainly you cant adjust their attributes at all...

Or are you asking whether the M2TW Engine Overhaul managed to break it? The Answer to that is no ...
    Last edited by Jadli; June 09, 2020 at 03:37 AM.

Blog Entries

OMG - wrong glasses

I read 'agent' instead of 'age' - sorry about that. Too much excitement just isn't good in my age.

Gaming Emeritus

Some small preview based on new capabilites of M2TW Engine once again

Though, Empire is now getting a lot of money so I will need to balance it out a bit

Can't wait for the diplomatic AI to rip all that to shreds in 2 turns.

Hello, This is my guess for the flags, from left to right it would be: 1. The Dragonguard. 2. The Moarmer (Pyandoneans or Sea Elves). 3. That's a hard one, maybe The Forsworn (or Reachmen)? because that looks like a briarheart. 4. I would have to guess a Khajiit Faction maybe based in Anequin? (because of the two moons). 5. Also a hard one, I would have to guess "The New Temple" (The Dunmer or Dark Elf Religion after the Tribunal).

Also, I just wanted to say that I love this sub-mod and thank you soo much for all the work the team puts into it. It's really amazing what you guys have acomplished!

Gaming Emeritus

Hey, pretty nice guesses

You are right about the 1st - I assume its some kind of Dragonguard banner, but since there is no proper Akaviri banner (and Akaviri are very much connected to the Dragonguard) I was going to use it for Akaviri faction . But yea, it will 100% not be playable, it will be some kind of a merc faction, that might do random raids in the east (more likely in some eras), no new units.
    2nd - You are right as well, The Maormer. Similar like The Akavari. From this faction, combined with new Thalmor shadow faction I hope it will make south/Western corner of the map much more enjoyable to play, and also some way to balance overpowered Dominion at times...
    3rd - You are right as well, it is going to whole reachmen faction, "Clans of The Reach", similar like Akaviri and Maormer, but they will be usually on the map somewhere in The Reach, hording around, dying and reappearing again...

4th and 5th is wrong. Though in the 4th thinking about the moons is a good way I suppose, and in the 5th I would consider other pantheon

Gaming Emeritus

Well, one guy on moddb (almost) correctly guessed the 4th one is going to be The Forebears . Anyways, due to upcoming map previews, the 5th might be revealed soon.

yay!

Gaming Emeritus

A bunch of previes from moddb

Rivenspire Overhaul

Wrothgar Overhaul - Which "New" Orsinium is your favourite guys?

And as promised, the 5th banner is revealed!

There is no lore heraldry for Evermore, so since Saint Pelin, a priest of Stendar, a is patron saint of Evermore, I decided to go with Stendar inspired heraldry
    Last edited by Jadli; August 04, 2020 at 12:23 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by servent9 View Post
    yay!
    And yes, you were the closest to guessing all banners, so once i have some pre alpha version ready, you will get access

Hi Jadli,

Not keeping track of what the faction slots are looking like - have you considered breaking off Winterhold and Windhelm together as a separate Nord faction (The Old Holds)? Skyrim in the base mod is sort of a super star with all their territories, but at least circa Oblivion the province was described as being split between Thian in Solitude (married to the queen of Dawnstar and holding Jehanna), Whiterun neutral under a witch queen, and Winterhold in the east as a counterweight against Solitude. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pocket...Edition/Skyrim

Moving Dragonstar to sitting properly on the Hammerfell - Skyrim border would also open the area up. I think it's not accessible in the base map.

Additionally / alternatively emergent Imperial factions to crack Cyrodiil after the Oblivion Crisis: the Nibenese Hierophants under Thules the Gibbering (https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:People....3Fb_-_.3Fd.29) and/or the Colovian Estates under Titus Mede I (https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:People....3Fb_-_.3Fd.29).

Lastly, on units, one IMO easy and very TES expansion to a few of the rosters would be the inclusion of a spellsword unit - a light armor, a one handed sword without a shield, and a spell ranged weapon with low ammo. The Dunmer, Bretons, and Altmer would be most fitting. Tactically they would serve a similar role to light javelin infantry, but with spells instead.
    Last edited by Ogmios; August 05, 2020 at 04:15 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

Actually, all done already, moreless

As Skyrim has definiely been pretty OP, I have two skyrim factions, but I have been struggling with finding proper names immensely... One is definitely meant to be represeting the western holds, and and the eastern holds, (especially Solitude and Windhelm), though as in some scenarios one rules over other and so on its hard to do a proper name (as the name must be the same in each scenario).. though I think I will simply go with Hold of Haafingar and Hold of Eastmarch, as those are the most flexible I can think of... Kingdom of Western Skyrim and Eastern Skyrim would not fit for each... The factions are also tied via shadow mechanics, hence a character from one faction can rebel and join the other faction... And the eastern one would of course also be the stormcloaks in the relevant scenario(s)

Similar stuff is done for Empire, though the second faction (going to call it Kingdom of Cyrodiil after some thoughts) will not be regular.... (but only for some events like Titus Mede as you suggest)... though I will likely make it possible for them to spawn anytime, depending on how bad the emperor is... as its using the shadow mechanics again (if you dont know what shadow mechanics is, its what happens between England and Barons Alliance in Britannia DLC for M2TW: Kingdoms)

And similar stuff I have done for Summerset Monarchy and Thalmor (new faction as well )

Regarding Dragonstar, it should be better now, as apart those map changes I have shown I have also been doing many smaller ones... So if you remeber from TES TW 2.0 the valleys that were made for the orcs faction new settlements (Mor Khazgar and the other one), those are now regular parts of map in all eras, hence your concern is likely adressed.

There is also now Reachmen faction (unplayable, will be pretty weak, but they will often be respawning as horde faction to bring more fun...) in Dunlain Hills and Druadach Mountains (plus Evemore faction itself), so this part of the map should now definiely be more enjoyable.

Of course dont expect some complely new faction rosters, those new factions will be mostly using the same units as other factions of the same culture, thought at least slightly retexured when possible... As unit making is pretty difficult, and I keep running out with people who have such most esteemed capabilities... Though, eventuallly I might learn this part of modding as well, but thats for later... Neverthless, in this mod we have more than many unique and additional units, so some can be used as a regular unit for new factions... such as so callled Vigilants of Stendar from TES 2.0 will serve as Evermore elite unit.... (renamed to Knights of Saint Pelin)

EDIT

To be honest, Sharnhelm, Thalmor and new skyrim and imperial faction were already present in my previous version (1.42), but I had to keep the unavailible as they werent finished....
    So they kinda dont count as a new faction...

If you are interested, a few posts above, or a page before, I talked about the new factions so you can look that up
    Last edited by Jadli; August 05, 2020 at 04:37 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

Some more map previews

Coldharbour, The Realm of Molag Bal

Deadlands, The Realm of Mehrunes Dagon