Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 621222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: [UP]TES UP 2.0.5. RE-RELEASED on the 17th March 2024

Alzender's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: [UP]Unofficial Patch for TES - 2.0 RELEASED - NEW VERSION RELEASED 26th DECEMBER 2020

Glad to see you are reactive on fixing the issues.
    How do you use the potions by the way?

I played a few hours with your submod and right now I have two majors complaints with it.

- the economies are screwed for a lot of factions in the grand campaign and oblivion crisis. Maybe in the others too but these are the only ones I tried. I had to disband 3/4 of my armies for the telvannis and the empire of cyrodiil and I was still in red. You really should fix that asap because the only way to survive this is cheating massively with add money to build economy buildings.

-what's the point in dungeons quests? Never had any artifact and the rewards are miserable (100 septims isn't worth the loss of soldiers). I guess it improves when you rank up, but at the beginning there's absolutely no incentives to do them (especially with the low economy where you try to use your army to capture rebel settlements).

Other than that (and the arion's bug) it looks very promising. Economical balance and polish are the only things lacking for turning your submod into the best elder scrolls TW experience.
    Last edited by Alzender; December 30, 2020 at 10:22 AM.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [UP]Unofficial Patch for TES - 2.0 BETA RELEASED - NEW VERSION RELEASED 26th DECEMBER 2020

Well, as I noted in the thread, I have added tons of stuff, so I was limited by time to polish everything so its better to consider this BETA ( I have actually just decided to rename it ). I now have a lot of necessary feedback on the stuff to properly polish everything for the upcoming patch.

Potions are simply ancillaries right now, their descriptions says its effects. There are 6 of them right now in 3 categories. Health - potion of health (+hitpoints) and potion of healing (+battlesurgery). Magic - potion of charisma (+ troop morale) and potion of magicka (+command). Stamina - potion of endurance (+movement points), potion of invisibility (+line of sight). I was actually having pretty hard times finding more useful game bonus attributes than these, so if anyone has more ideas, let me know. As I said, they dont disappear right now, but in the patch they will after being used or simply some time, and you will be also abĺe to craft them. (I would have actually been able to include it in this release, if I hadnt had spent tons of time trying to figure out how to transfer the potions of from alchemists (repurposed merchants) to the generals. But that turned out as dead end. So the generals will have to be the ones crafting them and using them.) Perhaps in some 3.0 version they will be possible to be used directly as general specialy battle ability... but probably not

Economy - Well, thats definitely one of the things I wished to have had more time for the release but havent. Anyway, I chose to spend the remaining time on other things, as I think people are able to disband additional units or simply storm some rebels quickly, so I felt that its less important... But will def look into starting armies/economies properly when I have time.

Dungeons - What was the title of your quest? Perhaps you were accidentally given other mission than dungeon contract with the target in dungeon? As I believe even the lowest dungeon rewards are higher than what you describe. Anyway, you indeed start with worse dungeon contracts but also easier to accomplish (small garisons, much easier to take than 2nd and 3rd tier of dungeons). But as you eventually increase your rank, you get much better rewards, and once you get to tier 3, you get the best rewards you could possibly get. Some units that you are not yet availible to even recruit (in long campaign when you start with wooden castles its everything ), around 5k, and the ability to recruit fighters/mages guild units in guild buildings from the next turn for two turns (when you receive the mission, its written there anyways), while for mages contracts you get potions instead of the the not yet availible units. BTW there are always also usually 3 rewards you can receive for a specific mission, and some of them are naturally worse, some better.

Never would have though there are so many Telvanni lovers, everyone complains about Arion

Anyway, the BETA rename reason comes because ppl found other much bigger issue... Dungeon faction apparently takes more and more time to do its turn (eventhough its completely inactive), and around turn 70 it reaches 10 mins . So for now I highly recommend doing short campaigns (or read TES lore books while waiting for your turn) while I fix it. If you guys wanna finish your current campaign, you can use "kill_faction papal_states" console command to kill dungeon faction and get back to normal loading times.

So yeah, sorry for the bugs once again, but on my defence this is BETA (it has always been ) and some of the features I have added nobody has ever added in any other mod to my knowledge (dungeons mainly), so we ae pioneers...
    Last edited by Jadli; December 30, 2020 at 12:46 PM.

Default Re: [UP]Unofficial Patch for TES - 2.0 BETA RELEASED - NEW VERSION RELEASED 26th DECEMBER 2020

Hey there, this mod is awesome! I love the baby of M2TW and TES.

Also I have a question, how to craft potions with merchants? I cant find any guide for that, and how I cure vampirism from my general?

Gaming Emeritus

Hey, thanks!

Regarding the alchemy I responded in the post above:

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Potions are simply ancillaries right now, their descriptions says its effects. There are 6 of them right now in 3 categories. Health - potion of health (+hitpoints) and potion of healing (+battlesurgery). Magic - potion of charisma (+ troop morale) and potion of magicka (+command). Stamina - potion of endurance (+movement points), potion of invisibility (+line of sight). I was actually having pretty hard times finding more useful game bonus attributes than these, so if anyone has more ideas, let me know. As I said, they dont disappear right now, but in the patch they will after being used or simply some time, and you will be also abĺe to craft them. (I would have actually been able to include it in this release, if I hadnt had spent tons of time trying to figure out how to transfer the potions of from alchemists (repurposed merchants) to the generals. But that turned out as dead end. So the generals will have to be the ones crafting them and using them.) Perhaps in some 3.0 version they will be possible to be used directly as general specialy battle ability... but probably not
    About vampirism, well, there is no direct mechanic for that right now. But I will definitely add some kind of special mission or something to accomplish it. Right now there is a very tiny chance that your 1st level vampire randomly gets cured. Regarding the intial disease that your character first receives when he is "bitten", there is a solid chance he gets cured from it, and doesnt become a vampire in firest place, it should be 50 or 75 percemt (as its fairly easy to get cured of this in the lore, just pray to church or something ). Due to the expanded modding options (due to the tool) I can now also add the possibility that the character doesnt get neither cured or turned, but dies...

Anyways, similarily as in the next bigger patch there will be the ability to join the "evil" side via Necromancers Guild, I will also do something like that for becoming a vampire (if your Faction leader is a vampire), so should be fun

Gaming Emeritus

I have just released the FINAL 2.0 VERSION!
    LINK

FINAL VERSION CHANGELOG
    (features that werent in either BETA or hotfixes, for those see the article)
    - New unique late game missions for Mages and Fighters Guild, requirement is a sufficient guild rank (you need the highest level of the guild building)
    - Joining the "evil" side final testament - If you choose to support the necromancers via Necromancers Guild, (and thus oppose the "good" side) once you build the highest lvl of Necromancers Guild, you may let Mannimarco join you and recruit more undead units, however significantly damaging relationship with other factions and some other guilds.
    - Improved Molag Bal (Three Banners Wars) and Mehrunes Dagon (Oblivion Crisis) Events
    - Added missing strat custom models for generals from TES TW 2.0
    - New armour upgrades to a few imperial/altmer units and more officeers to imperial units.
    - Fixed plenty of bugs dicovered in the BETA. Most importantly - long turn times, too passive AI due to dungeons, loadig saves crashes, ability to upgrade settlements, missing unit models, new Telvanni generals, reachmen invisible banners, etc.... oh, and most importantly, fixed the bugged Arion Telvanni portrait!
    Last edited by Jadli; January 03, 2021 at 03:49 PM.

Default Re: [UP]Unofficial Patch for TES - 2.0 FINAL RELEASED - NEW VERSION RELEASED 3th JANUARY 2021

Nice work Jadli,

Do we have to make a clean reinstall of the mod and your submod or can we merge your new release with the old installation?

Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [UP]Unofficial Patch for TES - 2.0 FINAL RELEASED - NEW VERSION RELEASED 3th JANUARY 2021

You can probably merge but its always safer to delete it and install again

I Just tried your new version and I have a couple questions:

- Why are there so few custom buildings pictures in the cities/castles? The main mod has specific building cards for every faction and named buildings to build (such as Jorvaskrr for Skyrim for example). Couldn't you re-use them? I must admit it's a bit disapointing to have so many generic buildings for every faction in the UP (dark elves share 50% of their building cards with imperial or nords and bretons). On the same topic, in the main mod, generals have custom icons according to their culture, for chivalry, dread, authority etc. Telvanni generals have the vanilla icons for example in the UP. These are small details but it improves immersion a lot to me.

- Fourth Era campaign is not supported right? We can select it in the custom campaign menu but it doesn't work.

Other than that, everything runs fine at the moment.
    Last edited by Alzender; January 04, 2021 at 11:36 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Alzender View Post
    I Just tried your new version and I have a couple questions:

- Why are there so few custom buildings pictures in the cities/castles? The main mod has specific building cards for every faction and named buildings to build (such as Jorvaskrr for Skyrim for example). Couldn't you re-use them? I must admit it's a bit disapointing to have so many generic buildings for every faction in the UP (dark elves share 50% of their building cards with imperial or nords and bretons). On the same topic, in the main mod, generals have custom icons according to their culture, for chivalry, dread, authority etc. Telvanni generals have the vanilla icons for example in the UP. These are small details but it improves immersion a lot to me.

- Fourth Era campaign is not supported right? We can select it in the custom campaign menu but it doesn't work.

Other than that, everything runs fine at the moment.
    - Hm, I probably just accidentally overwrote some of those files in installation process, will look into it for the next patch ad utilize the installation files so that it doesnt get overwritten.

- If you have followed the installation properly, you wouldnt see any 4th era campaign, so I highly suggest you read it again and reinstall (especially the part about deleting somth)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post

- If you have followed the installation properly, you wouldnt see any 4th era campaign, so I highly suggest you read it again and reinstall (especially the part about deleting somth)
    You're right, I re-installed a few MTW2 mods at the same time, went too fast and forgot about the world folder part.

I hope you'll find time for the next patch, thanks again for you dedication.
    Last edited by Alzender; January 04, 2021 at 12:13 PM.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Congrats on the 2.0 realese!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Gaming Emeritus

Thanks! More comming in a few weeks hopefully

Gaming Emeritus

Regarding the cavalry bug, its caused by "creatures fix" in the launcher, so I recommend to everyone to disable it next time you launch your mod (hit disable creatures fix and apply changes in the launcher)

Gaming Emeritus

Vampire Clans joining you (when your faction leader becomes a vampire)

Gaming Emeritus

Alchemy crafting finished!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/unofficia...fting-finished

Some numbers:- 6 levels of Potions - Potion, Solution, Philter, Elixir, Panacea and Essense
    - 3 categories: Health, Magicka, Stamina (a character can always have only one potion of the same category in the same time)
    - 8 subcategories: Health, Recovery (on higher levels merged as Recovery) - Magicka, Charisma, Magic Shield (on higher levels merged as Magicka) -Endurance, Invisibility, Night-Eye (on higher levels merged as Stamina
    - cca 40 potions (including various levels of the same one)
    - cca 33 ingredients (divided into the ones you can gather outside and the ones you can find only in dungeonsú
    - An Additional potion to cure vampirism

Also you guys can check out Rampaned and his new series hosted in the unofficial patch

Last edited by Jadli; January 28, 2021 at 01:34 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

Penitus Oculatus
    (credits to joshuu)

Gaming Emeritus

Mages Guild Units

Gaming Emeritus

Unofficial Patch 2.0.1. for The Elder Scrolls
    (BETA released December 26th 2020, the FINAL VERSIN 3th January 2021, 2.0.1 released 2nd February)

This version finally includes everything that I expected for the Christmas release, and the mod is now finally properly polished and stable.

Features
    This changelog lists only new new 2.0.1 features and fixes. If you have not played UP 2.0 yet, then first check
    2.0 release thread
    - Implemented Alchemy System. Generals with relevant traits are able to collect ingredients and craft potions. Potions give mostly battle bonus, and after a time they are removed. As the character makes more potions, he improves his skill and is able to craft more powerful potions. There is about 30 potions divided into three main trees - health, magicka and stamina.
    - Implemented Supply Costs Script (from SSHIP) - You have to pay realistic additional upkeep for armies in enemy lands and especially when besieging settlements, based on military and logistics skill of your generals. Along with it, also implemented military and administrative education. You can educate young generals in settlements. (only with Very Hard difficulty). Along with longer sieges, this should be a proper challenge!
    - Joining Vampires Script - If your Faction Leader becomes a vampire, you will have an option to lead all vampire clans to conquer Tamriel (Volkihar script semi included). There is also similar script for necromancers from the FINAL version.
    - Implemented (again) Red Year, Khanaten Flu and various other (generic) disasters, most importantly plagues and volcanoes. And from the FINAL version, the Dragon Raids.
    - Sadras units can now be recruited in the 4th era by dunmers in southern Morrowind.
    - Mages Guild and Penitus Oculatus units added.
    - Improved AI - The potential of the new Skynet AI is now fully unleashed, in the previous version they were slowed down by the dungeons, which was now resolved by player controlled Dungeon Region.
    - Balancing in unit stats across the board - Weaker Mages and Archers, increased prices and upkeep for higher tier units. Slightly strenghtened the orsimer roster. Slightly increased morale for all units.
    - Sadras units can now be recruited in the 4th era by dunmers in southern Morrowind. As well as Stormcloack units for Eastmarch.
    - Mages Guild and Penitus Oculatus units added.
    - Significantly decreased population growths, religion conversion and slightly unit replenishment rates
    - Slightly optimized performance (less lagging when moving generals, etc) by improving some scripts, as well as turn times.
    - Improved starting economies, balance and general stats
    - Shadowing between the shadow factions (altmers, imperials and nords) now works properly and to both sides, and all the 6 factions are re-emergent. Increased Rebellions.
    - Divided Alchemy Academia and Mages Barracks into two separate trees. You need Mages guild in order to build Mages Barracks.
    - Made the major scripts hotseats compatible - dungeons, missions named forts and supply script.

Current Difficulty Settings
    (each difficulty includes the one above it)
    Easy - AI receives only a small bonus to income
    Normal - AI Turn 1 Auto-expansion, income bonus
    Hard - Garrisson Script, Last Stand Script (when an AI faction is almost dead, it may receive an elite army), income bonus
    Very Hard - Army Supply Script, an additional starting AI army, income bonus
    Independebly on a selected difficulty, all AI factions receives various minor trade, law, recruitment and population growth bonuses

Bugfixing and Minor Features
    - Fixed the cause of crash in 4th era campaigns, all campaigns should now be fully playable.
    - All Factions shuold have now correct voices and music.
    - Fixed victory conditions for all the campaigns.
    - Removed most of reposition commands in TBW to avoid AI generals being bugged. Also added guild armies to the Vestige.
    - In campaigns where some factions start with many generals I changed several of those to lower tier units.
    - Polishing of missions and guilds.
    - Settlements can properly upgrade
    - Birthsigns are now shown via ancillaries as well.
    - A few new portraits for the undead and daedra.
    - Added missing descriptions and pictures.
    - Added "Hist Rituals" to the highest Hist temple (using "games" from americas, similar as races)
    - The Undead, Daedra and Dagoth are immune to plagues. The Reachmen and Ashlanders cant build siege towers.
    - Locked morale of the units that are not supposed to break.
    - Fixed bugged fires in dungeons.
    -
    Medieval II Engine Overhaul Project included
    - You can visit the project forum (here) or join discord (here) to find more info.
    - The Project has succeeded in removing several hardcoded limits from the M2TW game, such as limit to religions/ancillaries, scripting, ability to add more strat features on the map, ability to use all console commands, etc.
    - In this version Im using directly label overhals for crafting and to allow more interesting scripts (Oblivion gate travel, etc), increased religion limit, increaed number of ancillaries, increased cost of siege equipment, berserks ability for soe units, and so on. In the upcoming hotfix will include much more, such as alchemy crafting, etc
    - You can also use many of its features in game, such as changing your faction during singleplayer campaign, console commands, change the limits and so on...
    - But never decrease religion limit undead 14, or the game will not start!

Bugs:
    - Help us fix the bugs - Whenever you approach any bug/crash, help us get ridof them, by reporting it to me (messages or posts). The report should contain report from log file (Medieval II Total War/logs) or/and a save made just before the crash!
    - There may be some crashes, but should be all random, hence if you reload, or go a turn back, it should disappear. If there is a permanent crash, please let me know.
    - The Turns times are still fairly long, in the next version I will be sure to cut the time down to the minimum by optimizing scripts further (there are too many lore scripts :/ )

- Custom battle show some vanilla battles instead ot the custom TES ones. Willfigure out how to fix it in the upcoming hotfix.

Visit our moddb page, follow and rate us!
    (thats also where you can find more previews)
    Check out our forum at TWC
    LINK

You can also join our official TES discord!
    https://discord.gg/c52HPFx

Install instructions for the download:
    Make sure you are using the right download of 2.0, as there are two that you can pick from. Both works with 2.0.1.

1. Download and install The Elder Scrolls 2.0 (Full Version) + The Elder Scrolls 2.0.1.
    Of course, you need to apply 4GB patch or LAA patch as well. LINK
    2. Go into your The_Elder_Scrolls/data and delete the whole "world" folder"!
    3. Download and install TES Unofficial Patch 2.0 FINAL, and extract it into your Medieval II Total War/mods folder, so that it merges with your previously installed TES 2.0.1 (you will know that you are doing it correctly if it asks you to overwrite, hit yes).
    4. Download and extract the UP patch 2.0.1 into your mods folder and overwrite. If it doesnt ask you to, you are not doing it properly.
    5. You must use "TES UP" launcher to play the mod, other launchers will not work. Once the launcher opens, make sure that "full loging" and "creatures fix" is disabled, then "apply changes" and choose "Start Mod"
    6. You are ready to play!

No other files or patches are necessary.

If you are experiencing frequent end turn crashes, the issue is very likely on your end. See the tips below install instructions in the download thread on moddb!

Future plans
    - Include many more lore traits, ancillaries and mechanics. Feel free to share your ideas!
    - New maps (either expanded Tamriel or added continents) and improving unused Iliac custom map, samely as Vvardenfell mapm so that they can be used.
    - New custom campaigns - Varen's Rebellion and some campaigns from the Septim reign. Also campaigns using the new/old regional maps maps. And in the next version will surely be (non lore) 1 starting settlement per faction scenario.
    - Ability for generals to change their bodyguard as well as their own model, when becoming a vampire/werewolf, etc.
    - Include crowns and claims mechanics (loosely based on SSHIP)
    - Include Ages Overhaul and remove 12 Turns per year (will probaby use 2 TPY instead)
    - Make more unplayable factions playable
    - Improving the current content. Especially balancing unit abilites in battles, as there is still many things to improve.
    - Customizing AI and diplomacy for some races/factions.
    - Find a way to use papal mechanics and missions (for Elder Council?) and jihads (for the altmers perhaps, to help them expanded over the sea?)
    - More units, both new custom and map models.
    - Many more balancing and tweaking of all kinds
    - Further turn times optimilization.
    Last edited by Jadli; February 10, 2021 at 02:32 AM.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [UP]Unofficial Patch for TES - 2.0 FINAL RELEASED - NEW VERSION RELEASED 2nd FEBRUARY 2021

Nice work! That alchemy crafting looks delicious
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Default Re: [UP]Unofficial Patch for TES - 2.0 FINAL RELEASED - NEW VERSION RELEASED 2nd FEBRUARY 2021

Greta work Jadli!

Have you fixed the missing building cards in this release?
    There were quite a lot of them missing in the previous version giving a generic feel to all the factions on the strat map.