Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: [UP]TES UP 2.0.5. RE-RELEASED on the 17th March 2024

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Submod] Unofficial Patch for TES:TW - Version 1.41 RELEASED (FINAL VERSION)!

You can force the the generating of the new idx\dat files by providing zero byte files in your fix, same principle as forcing a map (RWM) or SD file generating:

1. Open Notepad and create new file
    2. Use 'Save As', select 'all files' and type full name of file, eg 'events.dat'
    3. Add file to fix

Default Re: [Submod] Unofficial Patch for TES:TW - Version 1.41 RELEASED (FINAL VERSION)!

Here is Version 1.0 for Esperitus Sancti for 1.41

Esperitus Sancti 1.41 V1.0.rar --> this .rar file can be extracted and merged with existing The_Elder_Scrolls folder (it is all that is needed really)

------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2203jv...projectile.txt
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/86cx6a...descr_unit.txt
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/rs6581...port_units.txt
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/6fx47j...xt.strings.bin

----> Whereas these files would need to be placed in the appropriate location
    Last edited by Tasunke; February 12, 2018 at 02:47 PM.

Ghostgate and Molag Mar custom settlements don't seem to be working.

Setting faction_creator from normans to milan for the Ghostgate_Province entry in descr_strat fixes the custom settlement issue but then gives the wrong campaign map model.

What is it about the Ghostgate that doesn't work? I know in 1.31 archers were able to shoot through the wall, but the gate did at least limit melee movements.

Is this no longer the case? Are things worse or better? Or exactly the same?

The settlement itself still works and is accessible through custom battles but it is not present in the campaign. When defending or besieging Ghostgate, you get the standard 3-ring citadel rather than the custom settlement. Changing the faction_creator parameter in descr_strat from normans to milan fixes the problem but then the model on the map is incorrect. It seems that the campaign map model is linked to the normans citadel but the custom settlement battle map is linked to the milan (dunmer) citadel.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Fixed the Ghostgate already, will be included in the hotfix that ll be released today/tomorrow, as well as other things (voices, portraits, the bugged generals etc). Molag Mar is suposed to be used only on strat map in my patch. The Battlemap model puts defenders into disadvantage, so not much point in using that. Not sure if the devs were actually using the model in 1.4

Gaming Emeritus

Alright, the final hotfix is out finally....

Unofficial Patch 1.42 for The Elder Scrolls - Hotfix

What was fixed/changed?
    - Fixed Voices for all factions
    - Fixed Ghostagte custom settlement model
    - Fixed bugged general that caused a crash when entering a manual battle
    - All characters/buildings/units should now have correct pictures
    - Polished some unit descriptions
    - Small changes to starting positions of some factions, changed some traits...
    - Fixed undead small faction logo
    - Included Tasunke's New Version of Esperitus Sanctis, improving mages - their stats, projectiles, ranges, prices, etc

- These are just small fixes for the previous download. To see full features of this project, read description of the previous download, on the first post of this thread

Download Link

Install instructions:
    (previous version needed)
    1. Download and install The Elder Scrolls mod 1.4 + The Elder Scrolls Patch 1.41
    2. Download and install TES Unofficial Patch 1.41, and follow the install instructions.. If you have issues with starting the installer, try extracting it first.

3 Download The Unofficial Patch 1.42 (this). Extract "The_Elder_Scrolls" from the downloaded rar folder into your mods, so it merges with your previous The_Elder_Scrolls folder. Overwrite everything! If it doesnt ask you to overwrite, you are not extracting it into correct folder!

4. You are ready to play!

Last edited by Jadli; February 20, 2018 at 12:02 PM.

Default Re: [Submod] Unofficial Patch for TES:TW - Version 1.42 RELEASED (FINAL VERSION) - NEW HOTFIX RELEASED

Awesome! Thanks for the quick replies and the hard work.

Default Re: [Submod] Unofficial Patch for TES:TW - Version 1.42 RELEASED (FINAL VERSION) - NEW HOTFIX RELEASED

It's recommended to use this unnoficial patch? The changes are mostly fixing or adding custom content that can be liked or not, up to the taste of the player?

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Total War

Also (sorry for double post, but don't know or cant edit my post) when you upgrade your patch, how do you do it? because if you don't take as base the base game and instead simply upgrade your previous patch, you will probably miss a lot of changes... well, this is probably a very stupid question, but will ask it anyway. Thanks in advance for the good work.

Gaming Emeritus

Up to you whether you want to use it. Read the first page,where are full features...

As for the second part, well not sure what should I say. Follow install instructions, if you miss some parts its likely not gonna work. Which means you need official 1.4 and its 1.41 patch, and then my unofficial patch and its new hotfix that was just released

Hi Jadli, I read alot and now I am convinced. Thanks for answering me, and more, thanks for the good work!

Jadli

I'll post the full system.log here about the issue i told you off earlier. Perhaps you're able to learn something more from it.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    20:24:55.477 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE220:24:55.478 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    20:24:55.481 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    20:24:55.481 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    20:24:55.482 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    20:24:55.483 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    20:24:55.484 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    20:24:55.484 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    20:24:58.989 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 4385, column 111
    unit(Merc Liches) does not match up to the ownership for faction(saxons)
    20:24:59.212 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 5229, column 3
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction england (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    20:24:59.213 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 5229, column 3
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction colovia (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    20:24:59.213 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 5229, column 3
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction scotland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction skyrim (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction venice (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction mongols (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction sharn (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction moors (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction spain (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction denmark (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction byzantium (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction altmer (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction france (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction turks (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction egypt (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction russia (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction milan (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction sicily (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction hungary (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction poland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction timurids (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)

looking rapidly, the db max sett level difference are falsepositive ones to be ignored, they do nothing.. (usually checking done by engine for unique settlements, the customized)..

While, there is Merc Liches not owned for saxons, while they should..

Jadli who is more in depth with developing TES-UP will take care about

Gaming Emeritus

Yea, this didnt cause the crash.

Only way we can get more info about this particular crash if you sent me a save that you made just before the crash if you have any

Alzender's Avatar Libertus

Hello Jadli,

I tried to install your Unnofficial Patch but I think I have a problem.

The colors are completly messed up, oversaturated and I can't see what I did wrong. I reinstalled everything from scratch, including 1.41 version prior to installing the UP. As soon as 1.41 Unnofficial patch installation is completed (without any problem), the colors on the battlemap are screwed up. Any idea why?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	battlemap.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	501.5 KB 
ID:	353102
    Last edited by Alzender; May 04, 2018 at 10:20 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

Well, thats weird. Cant suggest much else apart from reinstalling and maybe lowering your graphics? Also, I suppose you are using 1.42, not 1.41, right?

Alzender's Avatar Libertus

I already tried to reinstall the whole thing, it's actually the reason why I didn't try your 1.41 version a few months ago, I had the exact same problem.
    I wanted to retry the whole process today on 1.42 but I'm having the same problem (and yes I am using 1.42 but the problem started to occur after the 1.41 installation).

When I am playing without the unnofficial patch, everything is fine, I really can't see what I am doing wrong since I'm following the instruction step by step (I am also unzipping the files before launching the exe).

PS: I tried to change the graphic settings to see if it changes anything but the problem occurs on all configurations (low, mid and highest possible).

Gaming Emeritus

Hm, could you maybe take a screenshot of it?