Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536

Thread: [UP]TES UP 2.0.5. RE-RELEASED on the 17th March 2024

Default Re: [UP]TES UP 2.0.5. RELEASED on the 28th December 2022

I assume I'm in the latest version, have the 2.0.5 changelog and followed the latest ModDB instructions, I first noticed it with the Direnni Tower and while it took a while, because of its very small population and slow growth I managed to get it to the necessary population to upgrade, after noticing the change I tried both manually adding the population and wait for it to upgrade, manually adding the population and using process_cq and using the upgrade_settlement command, after that I have tried with all the unique looking settlements I could find tho I'm still yet to try battles on them. All of this was on the Septim Campaign and Vvardenfell Provincial Map.

Should I delete everything and re-download the game and mod?

Thanks a lot for the reply and for the command list!!

Also completely unrelated but is it possible to have two or more working guilds in a settlement? Would any problems happen if I put two of them on the same settlement in descr_strat?

I really enjoyed this patch for this mod. It adds a lot to the base game, increases the challenge, and makes it more fun. Sadly I'm having crashing issues like some others here and could only get to turn 70. The game crashes on turn end every other time. I tried toggle FOW, reinstalling (three times), deleting the last two events and scripts shown in the log when the game crashes, restarting campaigns, compatibility mode, and practically everything else Jadli suggested here and on ModdDB. I'm on Windows 10 btw.

It's a shame because it's such a wonderful experience, but I can't really play it. I hope you can find a way to make it more stable.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Hi, sorry for delay with answers...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Rickard Blackveil View Post
    I assume I'm in the latest version, have the 2.0.5 changelog and followed the latest ModDB instructions, I first noticed it with the Direnni Tower and while it took a while, because of its very small population and slow growth I managed to get it to the necessary population to upgrade, after noticing the change I tried both manually adding the population and wait for it to upgrade, manually adding the population and using process_cq and using the upgrade_settlement command, after that I have tried with all the unique looking settlements I could find tho I'm still yet to try battles on them. All of this was on the Septim Campaign and Vvardenfell Provincial Map.

Should I delete everything and re-download the game and mod?

Thanks a lot for the reply and for the command list!!
    Im not entirely sure what do you mean. Its possible to upgrade fortresses to citadels, its not possible to upgrade large cities to huge cites. Unique settlements cannot be upgraded at all, not matter the level.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Rickard Blackveil View Post
    Also completely unrelated but is it possible to have two or more working guilds in a settlement? Would any problems happen if I put two of them on the same settlement in descr_strat?
    Interesting question indeed, I tested it out myself as well. I believe its impossible to have two guilds in a settlement in a normal way, i.e., that a second guild would be offered to you. However, if the settlement starts with two (or more) guilds already, or you later add it via a command, it seems to work fine indeed. IIf I recall, I even got upgraded for these guilds. So it seems that technically there shouldnt be any problem

Quote Originally Posted by Sonterp View Post
    I really enjoyed this patch for this mod. It adds a lot to the base game, increases the challenge, and makes it more fun. Sadly I'm having crashing issues like some others here and could only get to turn 70. The game crashes on turn end every other time. I tried toggle FOW, reinstalling (three times), deleting the last two events and scripts shown in the log when the game crashes, restarting campaigns, compatibility mode, and practically everything else Jadli suggested here and on ModdDB. I'm on Windows 10 btw.

It's a shame because it's such a wonderful experience, but I can't really play it. I hope you can find a way to make it more stable.
    Yes, its an issue, that I havent able to fix fully yet. However, these crashes are very prone to your settings and PC, as I know that for some ppl it works very well. So right now I cannot advice anything else than to try all those settings (I recently updated the crash guide with some new findings) and making lot of back up saves, it should be reloadable to some extent. Also, in general this has to do with memory overload, so you should try to disable other tasks and give high priority to Med 2... Cant help more right now Im afraid. I there are some truly permanent crahes connected to a specific event, feel free to send an error log, perhaps it will help.

Hello! First of all I just gonna say I love this mod, it really improve the original a lot and you have my thanks for the many, many hours I have spent having fun with it.
    That being said I think I prefer the original Empire units, I love the purple Empire for the 3rd Era (it's lore accurate) and the weird Colovian Imperial Legion textures for a 2nd Era playthrough, but they don't work out that well for me in my Skyrim Civil War campaigns and the "Imperial Watch" units have a weird 4th Era shield and armor on the 3rd Era settings.
    It's possible to "revert" only those reskinned units to the original mod ones? Like replacing some files or something?

It's my only "complain" (if you can call it that), really, the mod is great.

I don't know if it has been abandoned but if it's not, I'm looking forward for those "regional campaigns". An Iliac Bay campaign would be awesome, playing the Warp of the West in real time with the 7, 8 factions fighting for the whole area, and maybe, if you have the time, a small event that grants Anumidium (or the Akulakhan unit) to one of them.
    A Skyrim campaign would be great too, I really like to play those small regional events but my PC lags a lot at the end turns with the many factions. And I think some of the big factions like the Empire or the Thalmor don't really know what to do with their many open fronts, they often get steamrolled by all sides.

Other cool ideas for regional campaigns could be the different Wars of the Imperial Simulacrum and the Accession war. I often recreate those on my playthroughs but I have to "surrender_regions" all other factions, otherwise the end turns take a lot of time.

Oh and also an early 4th Era/Mede/Stormcrown Interregnum campaign would be cool, I saw that you can play with Titus Mede I during the Oblivion Crisis, but that guy didn't become someone relevant till 30 years later if I remember right. And 30 years on a 12ypt while fighting Endless Daedra is a LOT. It would be a great chance to flesh out the Thalmor's rise too, and events like the Coup d'Etat of Valenwood, the Red Moment+Accession War, etc.

Gaming Emeritus

Hey, sorry for late response!

Glad you enjoy the mod

Yea, there is issue with kinda conflicting designs, since some are based on different TES games... Using specific textures for just one era wouldnt be possible, we would get over the unit cap. Anyway, I believe you could try to look into unit_models folder in data, and copy this folder from TES to UP for england (=The Empire).... but then you would have to look into battlemodelsdb file to see which texture is used exactly by which unit, to replace only the correct ones... but anyway, keep in mind this could introduce some issues, as some of the textures are also used by Colovia... would need to be careful

Yea, I like the idea of regional campaigns as well ... hopefully I have time in the future... I have had similar campaigns in mind as you.... Though the issue is the the amount of facitons is limited, so one cant add new factions for the regional campaigns (unless one makes a separate mod).

BTW, in case you misssed it (are you on the newest version?), there is available Vvardenfell map in custom campaigns ... could use a bit more polishing though

I did follow the install instructions but when I use the M2TWEOP GUI to launch the game it takes me to vanilla Medieval 2.. What did I do wrong? Thanks

Is there any plan to update eop to V3?

Gaming Emeritus

I dont currently have much time, so Im not sure... when I finally gather some time, I will mainly focus on the bugfixing and optimization, which is the main issue

Quote Originally Posted by Voievod98 View Post
    I did follow the install instructions but when I use the M2TWEOP GUI to launch the game it takes me to vanilla Medieval 2.. What did I do wrong? Thanks
    hmm, it sounds like your TES folder is named improperly? It should always be called The_Elder_Scrolls (unless you change the settings)

Gaming Emeritus

Unofficial Patch hotfix reuploaded with MAJOR CRASH FIXES and new version of EOP!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/unofficia...tfix-for-testw

The reupload is save compatible. Please test and let me know if this helps with stability