Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: [UP]TES UP 2.0.5. RE-RELEASED on the 17th March 2024

Default Re: [Sub mod] Unofficial TES Patch 1.3 - DOWNLOAD LINK

Hey ive installed this but im having problems i get CTD's when i try to launch the Oblivion Crisis and custom battles

Sorry to double post but i also get unspecified errors when trying to launch battles in the campaign as well

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Did you follow the instructions? First 1.0 and then extract the patch into it and overwrite everything?

It worked until 88 turn, again crashes. I am fairly certain that it has something to do with Bosmers (settlement or units), it crashed when i try to select my general near them until i move him east.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Wrong attachement, sorry for double post.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Did you follow the instructions? First 1.0 and then extract the patch into it and overwrite everything?
    Yeah i ran a quick battle and now its okay although ive played a while but i just got another unspecified error at the start of a siege.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Base mod didnt have enabled upgradement of settlement. In order to enable it I had to reorganize basically all of settlements. I actually had no free spot left for Mournhold, if I wanted it to be huge city/citadel, so I didnt know where to put it, so I had just left it here as I have now realized.... Imperfect, but better than no Mournhold. There should be another method for adding start models that will improve this, which we will use for the next version. I suppose you can replace Mournhold model with the normal morrowind model, if you go to data/models_strat/residences, find there mwtw_hla_large_city2.CAS, make a copy of it and change its to mournhold.CAS . Certainly back the files, Im not sure if it lets you play the old saves or not...
    And this will prevent Morrowind cities from looking like Mournhold on being upgraded to a huge city?

Also, sorry to double post, but for some reason it doesn't allow me to edit unit stats in the export_descr_unit file anymore, as every time I save an edit, it crashes right as I try to launch. I have never had this problem until a day ago, and before that had done all kinds of minor edits and tweaks to many units in the game and it ran fine. Any idea why this is suddenly happening?

Ok...now I apologize for triple post...but I checked the mod logs and it seems this is the issue:

02:10:37.779 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 6120, column 1
    Must declare a soldier type for unit type 'Aldmeri Heavy Cavalry'.
    02:10:37.779 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

That doesn't make alot of sense, as after looking there is definitely a soldier type declared next to the "soldier" line in the unit info. Plus, I in no way edited this part of the file so I do not understand why this is suddenly now an issue.

Yeah sorry to bother but im now getting unspecified errors at the end of every turn now

Okay, so we should install straight from 1.0 vanilla TES to your 1.3 version? No 1.2 patch from vanilla TES? Or any other of the other smaller patches you listed? I installed the vanilla + the 1.2 patch, so I am guessing I should uninstall, delete and start over?

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

1.0 and then 1.3 worked for me

Vomar's Avatar Laetus

What about steam? Whenever I try and I follow the instructions. Delete the settlements folder and all that jazz the game either crashes when the first video plays, or the second one or it will take me to the campaigns but then won't show any campaigns.

Anyone have better instructions when it comes to Kingdoms in steam? I tried renaming to one of the expansions. Crusades specifically. But above happened.

Vomar's Avatar Laetus

Sorry for double posting but I couldn't find the edit button.
    So another weird thing that happened after I reinstalled the game on steam and tried again cleanly but simply only tried playing the vanilla 1.0 mod. Same thing happened again. Crash on video after first loading screen. So I gave up but tried playing Medieval total war Vanilla. It crashed/didn't show campaign after I clicked single player.

It was something one Anequina's turn. For the first time it crashed for me too, but for the second time it didnt... Here is the save http://www.mediafire.com/file/g7migc...n48/sk_fix.sav Nice campaign by the way. However, its shame you use Dragonborn to only govern Whiterrun. There are some other things you can use him for sure, battles especially. Your FL (Ulfric) has already received High King of Skyrim title, as you cnquered all of Skyrim. Once you take Imperial City, your FL will also get emperor ancillary (Ruby Throne), unless someone already has the title, which is possible.Dont remember now if your FL has to travel to IC, or holding it is enough to receive it.... And if your FL is dragonborn, he would become a new Dragonborn Emperor. Children of dragonborn also has pretty high chance to be emperors, so you might possibly start a new dragonborn dynasty I guess, tho you would need to play a lot longer with those 12 turns per year...
    Thanks for help. My Dragonborn have already achieved all ranks he can get so now is time for my new generals to prove they quality :-) Unfortunately, same crash happens few rounds after and I cant get trough. Can you advice me how fix that crashes (use command to move army from siege, or smth.) so in futere I can fix it myself? Thank you.

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    1.0 and then 1.3 worked for me
    Yea, I tried to make installation as simple as possible, you dont need any other files than these two included in install instructions (would be wise to read them). Dont look for any science here people!

Quote Originally Posted by Vomar View Post
    Sorry for double posting but I couldn't find the edit button.
    So another weird thing that happened after I reinstalled the game on steam and tried again cleanly but simply only tried playing the vanilla 1.0 mod. Same thing happened again. Crash on video after first loading screen. So I gave up but tried playing Medieval total war Vanilla. It crashed/didn't show campaign after I clicked single player.
    Im also using steam version, and have no problem. Considering the base game doesnt work for you perhaps you should redownload Medieval...

Quote Originally Posted by Vefur View Post
    It worked until 88 turn, again crashes. I am fairly certain that it has something to do with Bosmers (settlement or units), it crashed when i try to select my general near them until i move him east.
    Well, I have tried several things but havent figured out whats causing this. I tried to move the general (Vlanhonder?) east, but it crashed anyway? Can you be more specific about what you did?

Quote Originally Posted by mevans596 View Post
    And this will prevent Morrowind cities from looking like Mournhold on being upgraded to a huge city?
    It should. It also prevents Mournhold from looking like Mournhold. Again, Im not sure if it affects compatibility or not right now(if yes, you wouldnt be able to use the old save anymore after changing that)

Quote Originally Posted by mevans596 View Post
    Ok...now I apologize for triple post...but I checked the mod logs and it seems this is the issue:

02:10:37.779 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 6120, column 1
    Must declare a soldier type for unit type 'Aldmeri Heavy Cavalry'.
    02:10:37.779 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

That doesn't make alot of sense, as after looking there is definitely a soldier type declared next to the "soldier" line in the unit info. Plus, I in no way edited this part of the file so I do not understand why this is suddenly now an issue.
    Not sure, just start over from the original file I suppose. Any error you make in the file causes game not to launch. Thats why do I always save every step

Quote Originally Posted by KrakenKool View Post
    Yeah sorry to bother but im now getting unspecified errors at the end of every turn now
    Something went very wrong in your files it seems. Try redownloading and reinstalling. You could also try deleting all BIN files in data/text, but not sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Narrows View Post
    Thanks for help. My Dragonborn have already achieved all ranks he can get so now is time for my new generals to prove they quality :-) Unfortunately, same crash happens few rounds after and I cant get trough. Can you advice me how fix that crashes (use command to move army from siege, or smth.) so in futere I can fix it myself? Thank you.
    There are several crashes we are dealing with. Important is to find out on which faction's turn does that happen and possibly also why. When you know that, you can try some things. Open console by pressing ";". Write there "toggle_fow" I suppose and use it during/before the turn crashes so you see what the AI is doing. Sometimes it also somehow avoid the crash. If its connected to a certain faction, easiest way is to kill them (move their armies from their settlements, what makes them destroyed). Console command for that is "surrender_regions" followed by a name of the faction (so for example surrender_regions saxons). As K'Sharra pointed out, the crash on khajiit turns is caused after they fight a battle with a pretty specific results, so if its on their turn, its probably this. It also means that by reloading several times you might manage to avoid this particular crash. Fixing the file would not allow you to load the old saves, so you might need to destroy the faction in order to play on. Factions that might cause some crashes are probably: turks (pelletine), egypt (anequina), saxons (undead), ashlanders and hre (daedra) I suppose. You can find the rest in data/text/expanded. If you cant fix it, feel free to send it to me

Ill attempt to make a small hotfix fixing the crashes in few days. However, you will not be able to use your old saves anymore...

And we still need a wayrest player here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...V-WAYREST-OPEN!
    Last edited by Jadli; June 24, 2017 at 11:45 AM.

Vomar's Avatar Laetus

Im also using steam version, and have no problem. Considering the base game doesnt work for you perhaps you should redownload Medieval...
    Already tried that twice. And like I said above in my second post after I tried playing the mod the base game gets ruined.

Jadlii, I've done all I can to try to fiddle with the battle editor, both with patch and without, and for the life of me I cannot get the editor working. HOWEVER, I am seriously going to look into how to create some units given the models already in the game, if you would like.

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by AsbjornIronside View Post
    Jadlii, I've done all I can to try to fiddle with the battle editor, both with patch and without, and for the life of me I cannot get the editor working. HOWEVER, I am seriously going to look into how to create some units given the models already in the game, if you would like.
    Nice. Ill find out how to get working

I think base morale of all units in the game ought to be increased in the next patch. Armies seem to be breaking far too easily.