Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 924252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: [UP]TES UP 2.0.5. RE-RELEASED on the 17th March 2024

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: [UP]Unofficial Patch for TES - 2.0.2. RELEASED - NEW HOTFIX RELEASED 30th April 2021

What? Oh never mind, I use a dark theme and somehow the color of the font was the same as the background. For a moment I just saw a smile face floating in the middle of the post.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [UP]Unofficial Patch for TES - 2.0.2. RELEASED - NEW HOTFIX RELEASED 30th April 2021

Heh, must be some evil deed of Sheogorath...

Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [UP]Unofficial Patch for TES - 2.0.3. RELEASED - NEW HOTFIX RELEASED 29h October 2021

Unofficial Patch 2.0.3 HOTFIX for The Elder Scrolls

See the Guide to the Features of the mod - READ HERE

You can also read release article on moddb

Features - 2.0.3 Hotfix
    LINK
    - Fixed several causes of crashes during end turns. Therefore, the campaigns should now be much more stable.
    - Balancing to starting positions and economy of factions - Increased trade, replaced non upkeep starting units,...
    - Improvement to AI (new version of Skynet. Credits to z3n). Added custom recruitment and building characterics to all fations based on the newly published new list.
    - Fixed all the remaining issues with unit textures - Mostly missing armour upgrades for general bodyguards, mythic dawn, etc
    - Fixed the issue with custom settlements Windhelm, Markarth, Solitude (and other) incorrectly showing up for some citadels and huge cities in battles.
    - Dragons are now (finally) spawning correctly ( in Second and Fourth Era).
    - Fixed the issue, when the game let you recruit guild units eventhough you failed a mission.
    - Undead units now move slower at battlefield.
    - Settlement towers power decreased slightly. Time to hold city plaza decreased to 10 minutes.
    - Added legio naming of units feature (for the Imperial Legion)
    - Masters of Mage are now recruitable
    - Ashlanders can now recruit some of their cav units from Ashlanders Tribal Council.
    - Nerevarine can now spawn for the Ashlanders as well.
    - Fixed upkeep of Redoran general's bodyguard unit, as it was ridiculously high due to a typo and was killing the faction.
    - Added shield defence stats to the Blades
    - Added missing vampire general texture to some factions
    - Increased durations between dungeon missions. Unqiue fighters and mages guild moved later into the game.
    - The game should be now more modifiable without saves crashing (removed hotseat settings in cfg)
    - Unique generals now have lower bodyguard count and upkeep.
    - Uriel Septim now can move (but still a bit slower)
    - Added Mankar Camoran (as a priest )
    - Fixed the issue when sons of Torygg had no traits when they reached adulthood.
    - Fixed some incorrect or misleading directions. Updated missing information, such as that you need to destroy churches of other religions to build unique buuildings, such as Toneaka and vampire/undead buildings. Or that you need to take Herne along with Stros to recruit the pirates.
    - Added missing strat models for Vedam and Orvas Dren
    - Added many clan surnames to the reachmen, new first names for the daedra, etc
    - Ancano is no longer part of rebels. Fixed a few other incorrect lore names, etc
    - Fixed the issu with newborn baby pic showing an arg baby each time
    - UI crash fix (Credits to Carnage)
    - Added some new descriptions for several imperial units (Credits to Abeam)
    - Implemented parts of Undead Invasion submod (Credits to Farin Frostgeir), such as banners, buildings, cursors, etc
    - Added most of Crimson Tide graphics mod. There is now better dust, blood, dirts, etc in battles.

Remaining bugs:
    - Some of the dungeon battles are bugged, which is due to their location- Sometimes it helps, if you attacked from other side. Report the ones that are bugged, to help resolve the issue!
    - Pink pic for rebel generals
    - If you see any other bugs, please report it, so that it can be fixed for the next version!

If you like the mod, follow and rate us on moddb!

You can also join our official TES discord!
    https://discord.gg/c52HPFx

Install instructions
    Due to the numerous issues that people had with running the mod with EOP tool, THE HOTFIX BY DEFAULT DOESNT INCLUDE EOP FEATURES (the info on EOP is below the install instructions), therefore USE The_Elder_Scrolls.bat or TESTW Launcher.exe to play the mod, definitely NOT TES UP.exe launcher. If you want to play with the full features (EOP features), use the switchers that are part of the hotfix. Intructions on how to switch are there.
    However, you can use this hotfix no matter which version are you using currently. Neverthless, your saved game will not be compatible either way.

0. If you have a previous version of this path or the main mod, i.e., 2.0 or 2.0.1., you need to delete it first and start over.

1. Download and install The Elder Scrolls 2.0.2 Standalone. Of course, you need to apply 4GB patch or LAA patch as well, its located in your TES folder.

2. Go into your The_Elder_Scrolls/data and delete the whole "world" folder"! Otherwise your start campaign menu will be all messed up.

3. Download and install TES Unofficial Patch 2.0.2 by extracting it into your mods folder. You will know you are doing it correctly when it asks you to overwrite files, hit yes. This applies for both version, FULL and without EOP.

4. Download Unofficial Patch 2.0.3. Hotfix, and etract it into your mod The_Elder_Scrolls folder. You will know you are doing it correctly when it asks you to overwrite files, hit yes.

5. You are ready to play!
    To launch via the "The_Elder_Scrolls.bat" or "TESTW Launcher.exe", not "TES UP.exe", unless you sitch to full features version

This version doesnt have these features that are enabled by EOP ("FULL FETURES") - Alchemy Crafting, increased ancillaries limit, Oblivion Gate Travel (in Oblivion Crisis Scenario), 3 new religions (Maormer, Akavir and Eight Divines), increased required build points for sieges, berserk attributes for some units, ...
    If you wish to enable them, use the switchers

If you like the mod, please rate and follow us here on moddb

(the video doesnt include the switchers, but otherwise the order of doing things is pretty much the same)

See the OP (first post) for the full features

(in a few details I will try to release a guide the the mod - to all the features, factions and so on)
    Last edited by Jadli; October 30, 2021 at 05:03 AM.

Default Re: [UP]Unofficial Patch for TES - 2.0.1 RELEASED - NEW VERSION RELEASED 2nd FEBRUARY 2021

Hello! SOmebody can help me? This raise dead is not working. I won the battle,execute the enemy, but after the bottom army screen is blank, not show my army, so i need to go to "army" click on Mannimarco but don't see any mercenary unit. Maybe a help video about this? Thanks.

Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [UP]Unofficial Patch for TES - 2.0.1 RELEASED - NEW VERSION RELEASED 2nd FEBRUARY 2021

Well, did you see the pic on how to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Using Necromancy to raise executed enemies as undead
    Will work for all factions, not just the Undead (though, most of the necromancers are with The Undead of course).
    The more you execute, the more you can raise. Unit size of these units is 250, so you have to execute at least 250, 500, 750 and so on.

You have to execute after battle (not kill in battle, due to technical reasons) at least over 250 men. Then right after battle, the first thing you do is to click on your necromancer that won the battle, and the undead should be available as mercs. In case it doesnt show up, click on him second time, as sometimes it doesnt show up on the first time (I guess depends how fast you click on him).

Did you do it like this?

Alzender's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: [UP]Unofficial Patch for TES - 2.0.3. RELEASED - NEW HOTFIX RELEASED 29th October 2021

Hello Jadli,

I often come back to your UP from times to times to enjoy your new additions.
    This time, I have a few questions:

- Is it normal I see v1.52 on the main screen? I deleted the whole Elder Scrolls folder and reinstalled everything according to your indications.
    - My characters don't seem to get the alchemist trait easily: out of 4 generals I sent in a town with an Alchemy lab, only one got the trait. Is it intended? How many ingredients are required to craft a potion? I tried to craft a stamina potion with one ingredient, but nothing happened after the two turns. Is there a list somewhere with the required ingredients for the potions?
    - When I take a dungeon and complete the mission, I don't seem to get any other rewards than the septims in the mission scroll, no artifacts whatsoever, and I don't see how to recruit the guild units available next turns. How should I do it? They are not displayed in the merc tabs, nor in the dungeon itself, nor in the castles. If it's in a settlement with a guild building, I didn't get any proposal to build a guild building in 50 turns. Is it normal?
    - Is there a way to change the 12tpy to 4 tpy without screwing up everything (mainly the scripts of the campaigns)? Would it be save compatible?

Thanks in advance for your replies
    Last edited by Alzender; November 11, 2021 at 05:18 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [UP]Unofficial Patch for TES - 2.0.3. RELEASED - NEW HOTFIX RELEASED 29th October 2021

Hey, glad you enjoy it!

1) Yes, its the version of Medieval II Kingdoms, it has nothing to do with the mod

2) Well, they have like 5% chance per turn to get it... Maybe I should increase it ... Anyways, there is a lot of info on all the features in the TES GUIDE I made. Not sure if it says how many you need, but you need at least 3 ingredients... Its a bit harder in the beiginning, as you dont know which ingredients you need for a specific potion, but once you craft it, the formula is saved as a trait. I kinda intentionally didnt post list of formulae for potions, as I wanted people to discover it themselves... but perhaps I should add it into the guide...

3) Well, its all described in a lot of detail in the guide, as well as in the other guide for the guilds and missions. Most of these things are kind of variable, depends what the description said that your missions shall be. Artifacts are independent of this, any general can get them when conquering a dungeon. If it was a dungeon contract, you should be able to recruit guild units from the guild buildings next turn. If its a mages guild mission, the general might also receive some potions. If you dont have a guild, you of course cant recruit from it. Every settlement can have only one guild, and it needs to be developed enough, at least stone city or a fortress... so if your suitable spots are taken by other guilds, you gotta destroy those, and then you will get offers again, as your guild spot will be open

4) Its not save compatible. You coud do it for a new campaign, by editing the relevant lines in campaign_script... its in the beginning of the file, so you can find it easily... Plus also "timescale" at the beginning of descr_strat.txt. I want to switch the mod to 4TPY, or perhaps even two, but we cant because the elves would be dying fairly quickly.... Hence Im waiting for th Engine Overhaul Project to finally include the age overhaul and then I will switch the mod to this shorer turn per year

I hope I satisified your questions, feel free to ask more, or report some bugs

Alzender's Avatar Libertus

That's perfect and exhaustive, thanks Jadli

Gaming Emeritus

It appears that Stormcloak and Crisis campaigns were unplayable, cause I accidentally shuffled some files in the last version, so I reuploaded the hotfix. Apologies for complications.

REUPLOADED on the 22nd November WITH:
    - Fix to end turn crash in Oblivion Crisis and Stormcloak campaigns (I acccidentally assigned wrong files in the previous hotfix, so these two campaigns were unplayable)
    - Fix to crashing akavari general (fixed his name)
    - Added Unit Descriptions Tool to the mod (unit unfo now gives more practical info about unit stats)
    - Fixed the missing space after "Legio" label for imperial/akavri units, and changed it to "Legion"
    - Fixed the missing texture for Dres Bodyguard

Gaming Emeritus

Vvardenfell DLC First Look!
    (more info at https://www.moddb.com/mods/unofficia...paign#imagebox )

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

You need a radar_map_background.tga file (250*125) in the imperial_campaign folder.

Have you applied 'smooth coast' already? Looks a bit blocky.

Gaming Emeritus

Thanks again for feedback

Yea, I should fix the radar map.

Well, there could definitely be done a lot of smoothing indeed . Though, I didnt make the map, I acquired it from other submod, as I didnt have time to make it myself, hence apart from some minor edits to the map in order to adapt it to our mod (which was not a simple task on its own), I havent planned to go that deep... But if I have time, I will definitely smooth it... now, or in the future

Gaming Emeritus

Its now possible to view how many guild points you got with each guild while in building browser!

Anyway, new little patch (mostly just upgrade to new EOP and some lesser bug fixes) will be up very soon
    Last edited by Jadli; April 11, 2022 at 01:08 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

Video on how to raise the executed enemies after battle https://www.moddb.com/mods/unofficia...-a-necromancer

Gaming Emeritus

Video on improved alchemy crafting with new version of EOP! https://www.moddb.com/mods/unofficia...w-eop#imagebox

and Oblivion gate travel! https://www.moddb.com/mods/unofficia...f-eop#imagebox
    Last edited by Jadli; April 12, 2022 at 01:45 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

New version of the Unofficial Patch has been released!
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/unofficia...vious-versions
    Its a full version, so you need to reinstall the whole TES (remove your old folder). This upgrade mainly includes implementation of new version of Engine Overhaul Project, which allowed me to add many amazing features, impossible before in Medieval 2!
    Read the changelog to learn about those features... and mainly READ INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
    Last edited by Jadli; April 15, 2022 at 02:30 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [UP]TES UP 2.0.4. RELEASED on the 15th April 2022

Unofficial Patch 2.0.4. for The Elder Scrolls

See the Guide to the Features of the mod - READ HERE

Features - 2.0.4.
    LINK
    (previews are included in the previous posts and moddb)
    - New version of Engine Overhaul Project included!

Alchemy Crafting Improved (thanks to EOP)
    - Due to EOP, it now works more smoothly. You can craft potions immediately once you have the right ingredients (and skills), you dont have to return back to a settlement with alchemy lab to craft it.
    - It is now also easier to find ingredients and craft in general, and potions now give slightly higher bonuses.

Oblivion Gate Travel (thanks to EOP)
    - Similarily as crafting, due to new version of EOP the proccess now works considerably smoother. The portal travel happens instantenously the moment your character "steps on" an Oblivion gate.
    - Oblvion gates are included in Oblivion Crisis in scenario from the beginning of the campaign, if Mehrunes Dagon is defeat, the gates dont function anymore.
    - The gates now spawn during Septim Campaign as well (spawning models like would be impossible without EOP)!
    - Fixes some issues during Oblivion Crisis in Septim campaign, that seemed to have caused crashes for some people.

Missions and Guilds
    - Added a new Guild Standing Window, showing you whats your standing with available guilds in each settlement, when you open buildings browser! (would be impossible without EOP again)
    - Increased rewards for some missions significantly (mainly dungeons).
    - Fixed/balanced some rewards, namely removing "best available unit", as that one is bugged and always give you the best units, no matter the price. Replaced with "one of the available" units, but with high price cap.

Other
    - The shadowing (Cyrodiil vs Empire, Thalmor vs Summerset, Haafingar vs Eastmarch) is now working more of a one way (though not completely), to avoid some rebelling settlements eternally rebelling between these two factions.
    - Therefore now, characters/settlements rebelling from the main faction (Empire, Summerset, Haafingar) will always join their shadowing factions, but characters/settlements rebelling from the shadowing factions will rebel back to the main faction only sometimes.
    - Added more explanations on how to use necromancy trait to raise the executed enemies as undead after battle
    - Replaced "Legio" number of imperial units with "Legion" (EOP)
    - Berserkers fixed (EOP)
    - Religion (and hence, partially cultures) and ancillaries limit increased (EOP)
    - Various EOP features and fixes included as well, such fixed console commands scripts for hotseats, movement points bug of mercs recruited in forts, etc, in
    Various bugfixes and minor features
    - Added some additional explanations and descriptions, for example how to use alchemy, portals, necromancy, etc
    - Removed shadows from name labels.
    - Fixes some crashes during Oblivion Crisis
    - Disabled disbanding to pools, as its bugged in Medieval 2
    - Fixed stats for some imperal units and missing armor upgrades (mainly archers), fixed misplaced shieldwall ability.
    - Fixed lore ancillaries for merchants, their effects now work correctly (vanilla bug)
    - Fixed incorrect trigger for shipwright ancillary, giving bonus movement points for admirals

Bugs
    - Some fortresses and citadels may still use wrong model in battles.
    - Some dungeon battles/maps not working properly due to bugged terrain on strat map.
    - Nerevarine has wrong strat models for ashlanders.
    There may still be some crashes (make sure to apply the anti crash tips below!)

Note
    - Vvardenfell will be part of the next release, this was more of a technical update

Credits
    - Apart from the usual credits (see the main list of features), this upgrade wouldnt have been possible without people developing Engine Overhaul Project (youneuoy, jojo) and also several other people contribute to it (Fynn, Erken, Callistonian, Medik), who all helped to include the amazing new features via the EOP lua scripts!

If you like the mod, follow and rate us on moddb!

You can also join our official TES discord!
    https://discord.gg/c52HPFx

Install instructions

0. If you have a previous version of this patch or the main mod, i.e., 2.0.3., you need to delete it first and start over.

1. Download and install
    The Elder Scrolls 2.0.2 Standalone. Of course, you need to apply 4GB patch or LAA patch as well, its located in your TES folder.

2. Go into your The_Elder_Scrolls/data and delete the whole "world" folder"! Otherwise your start campaign menu will be all messed up.

3. Download and install
    TES Unofficial Patch 2.0.4. (= the new release) by extracting it into your mods folder. You will know you are doing it correctly when it asks you to overwrite files, hit yes.

4. You are ready to play!
    To launch the mod, use "M2TWEOP GUI.exe" launcher!

See the OP (first post) for the full features

Last edited by Jadli; May 11, 2022 at 01:04 PM.

ERE_Friend's Avatar Civis

Excited to see that guild rewards have been increased. In my one playthrough of 2.0.3 I did two dungeons and found the modest money/unit rewards to be not worth my combat losses and weakened strategic position due to sending a stack to the dungeon. I will try again in 2.0.4.

On a related note does anyone know if the AI is okay with sending armies through their territory to attack dungeons? I know M2TW allows roaming across neutral territories without declaring war but I still try to avoid doing this.
    All of Christendom will be awed by the victory we have won here today.

I love this mod and the introduction of the features made possible by EOP. One question, Jadli, I saw you were (are) planning to mod «Das Heilige Römische Reich». If so, are you also planning to add EOP features into it?

Gaming Emeritus

Im glad you enjoy it!

About Das Heilige Romish Reich, right now I dont have any specific feature in mind to use with EOP, but very likely I will see some opportunities along the way The EOP itself fixes some game bugs and enables players to use some normally unavailable medieval features, so its worth using it just for that as a base, at the very least

Quote Originally Posted by ERE_Friend View Post
    Excited to see that guild rewards have been increased. In my one playthrough of 2.0.3 I did two dungeons and found the modest money/unit rewards to be not worth my combat losses and weakened strategic position due to sending a stack to the dungeon. I will try again in 2.0.4.

On a related note does anyone know if the AI is okay with sending armies through their territory to attack dungeons? I know M2TW allows roaming across neutral territories without declaring war but I still try to avoid doing this.
    Yea, well the first quests you receive are kinda of "apparentice" contracts with not that great reward, but once you start to receive the better ones, the "middle" one and "champion" one, the rewards are definitely worth it, as the game can for example grant you some units that you for example can recruit yet, so you are guaranted to receive some nice elites, maybe even some units from the events/AoR.

Sadly, the AI doesnt see a difference in what your army is doing, you re simply in their territory (tho the dungeons itself are in different territory)... in most cases, you have lot of dungeons within your realm, and you can influence the next contract targets by moving your dungeon master/assassins... but of course, in some parts pf map with lot of smaller factions, it can happen easily its in someone elses territory I suppose....