Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: [UP]TES UP 2.0.5. RE-RELEASED on the 17th March 2024

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Total War

Just had a quick browse through with your patch, and everything looks much better. There are a couple units that are kind of crazy, like the Imperial Bodyguard and Pikemen, but overall it seems a lot better. I'm quite interested in what you said about the unofficial 1.3 patch you're working on, any kind of ETA on that? Also, I wanted to suggest making uber elite units available in small quantities from AoR locations. So for example, Buoyent Armigers from Ghostgate/Vivec, Blades from Cloud Ruler, Hands of Almalexia from Mournhould, etc. Finally, I was curious about the Undead campaign, is it working? It has no description or objectives, but it doesn't crash when you launch it, so is it meant to just be a go kill everything type of campaign?

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Well, Im reworking AR (again), tho it wasnt that bad before (each faction has crazy units). I managed to make settlements upgradable for the new patch (upgrading without getting custom settlements), what allows me to move the best units a little bit higher in recruitment trees. However, fortresses cannot be upgraded to citadels (cuz I had to store there some custom settlements), what kinda makes the elite units AoR limited, as there will not be no citadels (where you can get the most elite units), except those settlements starting as citadels. Those units you suggested to be AoR limited already are.

Should be finished in few weeks.
    Last edited by Jadli; February 26, 2017 at 01:35 PM.

Heya!! Yo Jadli ... gonna try your 'Second Patch for Testing' on top of patch 1.2 .... you got any patch notes?

As might have been assumed, I'm somewhat delayed in my Units overhaul mod/patch .... was going to hopefully use your Campaign patch 1.3 as a base.

What I'm primarily interested at this time are the missionaries/ priests that are used to spread religion. So question #1 ... are those currently in your working version? and Question #2 ... if not, any idea how I can get that started? ..... I looked in your patch 1.2 and Carnage's mod, and haven't found any missionaries yet.

Anyhow, feel like I'm making good progress, but its taking a lot more work than I realized at face value, even if I'm working on similar assumptions to the ones I started with, there is a lot of moving parts, not to mention factoring in Unit Costs and Maintenance and their impact on the game, based on which regions you control, based on who you are playing as, and based on what mod its based on (some are a bit more lush cash wise, some a bit less so) .... the idea of capable growth to tier 3 is pretty cool, but the game still feels kinda empty without priest .... even if it was just the regular priest art I'd be fine with it, at least at first ....

Also I changed my overall approach like, months ago ... decided to work on all Civs at once, instead of one at a time. Easier to balance that way. (( Like, I started with just the Argonians, and they haven't changed much, but then had to compare to Imperial, which *seemed* fine at first, but then when I threw everyone else into the mix I realized I needed a new paradigm for balance (even with the same assumptions), and my latest round of modding just recently started ... so back into excel! ahahahaha ))

But anyways, thanks again for all the work, and all the help.

** I DID however notice one thing, and if any art/graphics modders are out there, help would be greatly appreciated

Several units with "Lancer" in their name .... most notably the Aldmeri Heavy Lancers (in mid-tier glass armor) ... they got the swords, but no lance ....

If anyone has a fix for this I would be ever so gr8ful ^_+

Jadli, noticed I already had your latest patch, so scratch that, but a changelog would still be cool.

As for errors/ mistakes/ et al ... I'm not sure if intentional but ... there is an extra title banner in the main menu on your patch? It looks a bit garish imho, but on the upside you do have priests for at least the Nine Divines .... plus you finished skinning the texture for Skyrim's thanes.

One issue I find though is that many of your units (especially Thanes/ Knights of Nine/ Almalexia) seem to have two captains, of vastly different art styles? Is this intentional? Or did you intend to replace them?

Librarian's Avatar Ducenarius
    Please get me out of this hellhole of the UK

Did you fix the (empire) battle victory music (skyrim music) cutting out before the crescendo (climax)?

Thank you for your work so far, Jadli!
    Last edited by Librarian; March 13, 2017 at 01:41 AM.

On the topic of music, have you added any new music for the House Dagoth faction, to better fit their dark/gritty tone? Right now they have the same upbeat music for the most part that the other Dark Elves have, it kind of breaks the atmosphere. They have only 1 music track that fits them great on the campaign map, and the music that plays when you attack an enemy before going into battle is also perfect, but I was just curious

Gaming Emeritus

Havent started working on music yet, but will certainly look at these

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

Well done indeed Jadli! Congratulations!

Hey, I have some gameplay/balance suggestions, sorry if you have already addressed these for the upcoming release. Skyrim's Units still seem really weak, even with your submod. Even their best units are small time compared to the Empire, and Daggerfall seems to be the best human nation right now imo, they have practically no weaknesses. I think the Orcs need some basic and heavy cavalry, because having poor archers, no mages and no cavalry really hurts them and slows them down. Finally, not sure if you can do anything about this, but Oblivion literally always crashed the game. Either because they are trying to move somewhere or because of some town they are sieging, every playthrough I have done the game crashes shortly after the Oblivion stacks spawn in. This is fixed by either teleporting most of Oblivions armies to 1 spot, killing a bunch of them using auto-resolve, or making them surrender all their regions.

In terms of balance, House Dagoth is guaranteed to overrun the entire left-hand side of Vvardenfell, and the Undead seem to do incredibly well against the Argonians and the Empire, which weakens them even worse against Oblivion. Skyrim also usually betrays the Empire, which kind of sucks from a lore standpoint. I was wondering if you could add in a feature similar to TATW whereby allied nations cannot betray eachother. I think this would make for a bit smoother gameplay, and would help the Dark Elves stand against Dagoth. Those are all my thoughts for now, thanks for reading

For all of these thoughts, I'm referring to the standard campaign, not one of the custom ones you have implemented. Haven't had time to check those out yet

Gaming Emeritus

Will see what I can do.

Oblivion crashes the game? Hear about it for the first time

In every one of the 5 campaigns I have played so far, with and without your submod, they will cause random end turn crashes while trying to move their armies and siege cities. I'm not really sure what the source is, although there is a lot of hilly/canyoned terrain in the North of the Empire which may contribute. As I said, it can be fixed, it's just really annoying. They don't cause any crashes in battles etc. if thats what you thought I meant

Quote Originally Posted by Elite KryPtik View Post
    I think the Orcs need some basic and heavy cavalry, because having poor archers, no mages and no cavalry really hurts them and slows them down.
    The Orcs are like the dwarves from Third age. Their armies are focused around superior heavy infantry, weak ranged and no cavalry. Perhaps we'll add a crossbow unit to them.

I don't think Jadil stated this but the balance right now is geared towards hotseats. We will make a singleplayer patch later.

To Jadil: Aldmeri Pikemen costs 5620 to recruit, almost all khajiit and redguard cavalry have a bonus in snow (should be desert), Redoran Swordsmen, Redoran Women, Argonian Swordsmen, Argonian Men at Arms, Legionnaire Swordsmen, Wayrest Guard, Warriors of the Imperial Legion, Dismounted High Rock Knights, Dismounted Daggerfall Guard, Dismounted Breton_GB, Dismounted Breton Knights, Kings Guard, Telvanni Men at Arms and Dre Men at Arms can do schiltrom (should only be available to spearmen), Argonian Men at Arms don't have ap attribute (their weapon is a mace),
    Sandguard Cavalry have no shield value.
    "Fusozay Var Var": Enjoy Life

The problem is, the Dwarves from TATW, DAC at least have incredibly powerful siege which can massacre huge armies, and have access to basic cavalry with limited recruitment in the Dale area. Not being able to chase down any enemies at all becomes really problematic, as good portions of enemy armies will always escape you. It becomes really tedious, to the point you just start auto-resolving all your battles just for ease of gameplay.

Didn't realize that it was meant to be played in hotseat, does that mean single player is supposed to be hard? It's about as hard as any other med 2 mod I've played. Or are you referring to my suggestion to add in the inability to break alliances like TATW? Even in hotseat I think this would be a valuable feature

Got some more suggestions

For Orsinium, I think it would be a good idea to give the Halberdiers the ability to do a spear wall. Also, regarding their music, right now they have predominantly Skyrim music, it would be nice to give them something with an orcish twist, although I don't have any suggestions.

For the Tribunal Temple, there is a bug with 1 of their barracks lines not unlocking any units. I think its the 3rd barracks on the castle line, if I remember rightly. You can see what one it is by immediately taking Ebonheart Castle from the Empire. Also, I don't know your thoughts on this, but what about giving Vivec and Sotha Sil some really powerful, unique bodyguards? Maybe a really strong melee unit for Sotha Sil and a mage unit for Vivec. I was also curious why Almalexia isn't under the control of the Tribunal, shouldn't she be in the game too? Maybe you could put her in a fort near Mournhold, and you could give her a bodyguard of the Hands of Almalexia, with an expanded limit of 20. Just a thought. Also, the Hands of Almalexia are really weak compared to the uber units of the other Dark Elf factions.

For Hlaalu, I wanted to suggest giving the Nereverine a unique bodyguard as well. After all, this guy is the most powerful character in Vvardenfell if you take the events of the actual Morrowind game into account. He could get some really powerful melee, or at least maybe give him Hlaalu Royal Guards, so he has the punch youd expect from him.

For Telvanni, the Telvanni Masters are INSANELY good considering a couple of guys have them for Bodyguards. 5 hit point mages with map wide range, god why D:

For Dagoth Ur, I think their Kings Purse might be a tad high, although I did barely manage to hold them as Tribunal. So I guess it comes down to whether you always want Dagoth Ur to overrun Vvardenfell against the AI every single time, unless there is a player there to stop them. Also, I wanted to suggest giving Dagoth Ur a more powerful bodyguard, perhaps Ascended Sleepers, or if your willing, a new unit of Ash Vampires. They could be extremely strong Melee units, and you can just use the model for the standard General as the bodyguard, as thats what Ash Vampires look like. I also was thinking a revival script like the Nazgul have in Divide and Conquer would fit perfectly for Dagoth Ur, as he repeatedly gets revived through the power of the Heart. So if he dies, wait 10 turns and he respawns. Just an idea

For the Guar Cavalry across all the Dark Elven factions, it moves too slow. I think the strength problem has been solved brilliantly by your submod, and well done with that, but infantry can almost catch them when trying to do cycle charges. Also, their stamina runs out very quickly.

For The Empire, 1 of their basic archer units does 7(!!) damage, which I think is the most of any archer in the game. I assume this is a bug, because of not then jesus thats amazing, with the stat tier setup you have for this mod. Especially considering its just a basic archer! They do even more damage than the heavy imperial archers. Also, what about giving The Empire a unique Hero of Kvatch general who spawns near Kvatch shortly after the Oblivion Crisis starts? You could give him Blades for a bodyguard, or a unique bodyguard of some kind, and spawn him with some units. That would help the Empire out a lot against Oblivion, especially the AI, who always lose to Oblivion every time I have played so far.
    Also, in my latest campaign as Tribunal Temple the Argonians and Empire are kicking the out of the Undead, so I guess it varies from campaign to campaign. Sorry for my previous report on that
    Last edited by Elite KryPtik; March 24, 2017 at 07:06 AM.

Default Re: The original thread for "The Elder Scrolls: Total War"

Congrats on getting hosted! I'm surprised it took this long xD
    I read through the other submods, and they seem dead. Are you going to make a submod thread for your Submod Jadli? Or are your releases now the de-facto "Official" releases? Also, make sure to read my above post if you haven't for some of my ideas and suggestions

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by K'Sharra the Conqueror View Post

To Jadil: Aldmeri Pikemen costs 5620 to recruit, almost all khajiit and redguard cavalry have a bonus in snow (should be desert), Redoran Swordsmen, Redoran Women, Argonian Swordsmen, Argonian Men at Arms, Legionnaire Swordsmen, Wayrest Guard, Warriors of the Imperial Legion, Dismounted High Rock Knights, Dismounted Daggerfall Guard, Dismounted Breton_GB, Dismounted Breton Knights, Kings Guard, Telvanni Men at Arms and Dre Men at Arms can do schiltrom (should only be available to spearmen), Argonian Men at Arms don't have ap attribute (their weapon is a mace),
    Sandguard Cavalry have no shield value.
    Thnx, tho you could have sent PM, as we do every day

The problem is, the Dwarves from TATW, DAC at least have incredibly powerful siege which can massacre huge armies, and have access to basic cavalry with limited recruitment in the Dale area. Not being able to chase down any enemies at all becomes really problematic, as good portions of enemy armies will always escape you. It becomes really tedious, to the point you just start auto-resolving all your battles just for ease of gameplay.
    Unless someone creates new units, I cant do much. They have basically the strongest inf, and there are many other ways how to actually help them (scripts etc)

Didn't realize that it was meant to be played in hotseat, does that mean single player is supposed to be hard? It's about as hard as any other med 2 mod I've played. Or are you referring to my suggestion to add in the inability to break alliances like TATW? Even in hotseat I think this would be a valuable feature
    In hotseats no such scripts are needed as factions are played by people. Not sure what do you mean about diplomacy. This is meant to be played in both, hotseats and singeplayer.

Got some more suggestions

For Orsinium, I think it would be a good idea to give the Halberdiers the ability to do a spear wall. Also, regarding their music, right now they have predominantly Skyrim music, it would be nice to give them something with an orcish twist, although I don't have any suggestions.
    Will see what I can do.

For the Tribunal Temple, there is a bug with 1 of their barracks lines not unlocking any units. I think its the 3rd barracks on the castle line, if I remember rightly. You can see what one it is by immediately taking Ebonheart Castle from the Empire. Also, I don't know your thoughts on this, but what about giving Vivec and Sotha Sil some really powerful, unique bodyguards? Maybe a really strong melee unit for Sotha Sil and a mage unit for Vivec. I was also curious why Almalexia isn't under the control of the Tribunal, shouldn't she be in the game too? Maybe you could put her in a fort near Mournhold, and you could give her a bodyguard of the Hands of Almalexia, with an expanded limit of 20. Just a thought. Also, the Hands of Almalexia are really weak compared to the uber units of the other Dark Elf factions.
    If the missing unit was there, its not in game anymore, as in what am I currently working on, I gave lotta attention to these things. Tho some factions simply dont have units to have a unit per each level.

Will see about the bodyguards, tho I suppose I will add some exp and armor to their starting GB, if I dont forget. I think K'Sharra is working on some traits for them, so it might solve it partially.

Did Sotha-Sil and Almalexia actually appear in TES III? Dont remember as I played it really long time ago. In the new scenario I have Vivec and Alamlexia...

For Hlaalu, I wanted to suggest giving the Nereverine a unique bodyguard as well. After all, this guy is the most powerful character in Vvardenfell if you take the events of the actual Morrowind game into account. He could get some really powerful melee, or at least maybe give him Hlaalu Royal Guards, so he has the punch youd expect from him.
    Yea, will do

For Telvanni, the Telvanni Masters are INSANELY good considering a couple of guys have them for Bodyguards. 5 hit point mages with map wide range, god why D:
    Well, they are one of the most poweful mage units. Tho I have already changed some of these stats to something more reasonable.

For Dagoth Ur, I think their Kings Purse might be a tad high, although I did barely manage to hold them as Tribunal. So I guess it comes down to whether you always want Dagoth Ur to overrun Vvardenfell against the AI every single time, unless there is a player there to stop them. Also, I wanted to suggest giving Dagoth Ur a more powerful bodyguard, perhaps Ascended Sleepers, or if your willing, a new unit of Ash Vampires. They could be extremely strong Melee units, and you can just use the model for the standard General as the bodyguard, as thats what Ash Vampires look like. I also was thinking a revival script like the Nazgul have in Divide and Conquer would fit perfectly for Dagoth Ur, as he repeatedly gets revived through the power of the Heart. So if he dies, wait 10 turns and he respawns. Just an idea
    I believe Dagoth Ur already has a special unit. Good idea witht the script, will see if I have time for that. As for Dagoth, Ill make some scipts for how powerful shall be depending on which faction a player is. I might have already done that

For the Guar Cavalry across all the Dark Elven factions, it moves too slow. I think the strength problem has been solved brilliantly by your submod, and well done with that, but infantry can almost catch them when trying to do cycle charges. Also, their stamina runs out very quickly.
    I am not expert on these things, but will try to speed them up.

For The Empire, 1 of their basic archer units does 7(!!) damage, which I think is the most of any archer in the game. I assume this is a bug, because of not then jesus thats amazing, with the stat tier setup you have for this mod. Especially considering its just a basic archer! They do even more damage than the heavy imperial archers. Also, what about giving The Empire a unique Hero of Kvatch general who spawns near Kvatch shortly after the Oblivion Crisis starts? You could give him Blades for a bodyguard, or a unique bodyguard of some kind, and spawn him with some units. That would help the Empire out a lot against Oblivion, especially the AI, who always lose to Oblivion every time I have played so far.
    Thats the old version, all this stuff was completely reworked as mentioned above. Will add the guy.

Congrats on getting hosted! I'm surprised it took this long xD
    I read through the other submods, and they seem dead. Are you going to make a submod thread for your Submod Jadli? Or are your releases now the de-facto "Official" releases? Also, make sure to read my above post if you haven't for some of my ideas and suggestions
    Post were divided into several threads, the one for my patch is the one we are standing in now (tho when you posted it wasnt done yet)

The original mod will always remain the official one.

Thnx for the suggestions, feel free to bring more.

Also, if you want to help with testing the new version, PM me (samely as everyone else willing to)
    Last edited by Jadli; March 25, 2017 at 02:36 PM.

Default Re: [Sub mod] Unofficial TES Patch 1.3

Hi! I don't know if you remember me but I'm a guy from topic of playable Hordes of Oblivion. Thanks for redirecting me to this topic. But I have some questions, sory if they're obvious.
    1. When patch 1.3 will be published it will be posted on the end of this topic or you will just updated first post?
    2. Will I need other YOUR patches to instal 1.3 or I will need just official mod 10.0 and 1.2?
    3. If you will add Hordes of Oblivion as playable, will they be in custom campaign or in main campaign?
    4. Will you add event to unite all Morrowind to one faction? Is it possible?
    Sory if you've already answer these questions. Thanks for your aswers

Gaming Emeritus

No problem

1. Both

2. You will not need any other versions of my patch.

3. They will be playable in a new custom campaign, called Oblivion Crisis (not surprise anymore). I might also make them playable in The Alliance War.

4. Will look on that for the next version. Right now Im trying to do all I can to finish the current version.

Hi Jad, I just wanna say thanks for picking up on the mod because the developers Possibly Abandoned This mod

Will you eventually add Gameplay features?