Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: [UP]TES UP 2.0.5. RE-RELEASED on the 17th March 2024

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Total War

@Jadli,

Why do Telvanni men at arms now have 17 attack? 0_o

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Because they need some unit capable of fighting against enemy elite units. Thats mainly for hotseating, in single player mages solved the problem tho

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    1) There are knight orders for factions following Cult of The Nine like Knights of Lily, Knigh Mentors, etc ( most of them appeared in TES II i guess), i searched where they have bases ( mostly in provincies High Rick and Hammerfell) - For example Knight Mentors has base in Aibon-Gorah, and almost all remaining settlements in Iliac Bay can recruit some knight order. Each order follow one of The Nine, so i also searched where those gods have big chappels devoted to each of them in rest of Tamriel and made they availible here. So you can also hire them in almost all big cyrodill cities ( for example in Anvil is big chappel devoted to Dibella, so you can recruit here Knights of The Lily,...) and in few skyrim settlements. You need to upragde your chappells and churches to hire them. + Blades are availible in Cloud Ruler Temple and Knights of The Nine in Colovia. And in Morrowind there is Hands of Almalexia unit ( highest level of barracks). Oh, and you gotta reach 85% of your religion to hire such units.

2) They have working recruitment system, so i guess they are playable.

3) Not really . They are just so expensive that it would ruin your economy
    The Ashlanders are the "Hordes of Oblivion" am i right?

I tried making them playable but the game crashed when i made them spawn at an earlier date. You have made them playable? Are they still over powerful or have they been nerfed?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

The game crashes to desktop at launch when trying to launch it after switching the old files with yours.

Gaming Emeritus

Ashlanders arent hordes of oblivion, 2 different factions.
    Yea, Oblivion can be playable if you do some changes in descr_strat or campaign_script (PM if you wanna know more).
    I believe that with my patch Hordes if Oblivion doesnt mean end of the game. In vanilla they took city and could immediately start recruiting new units. Now they need to convert cities they take first and units also take more time to build. Their armies are still strong, but for several turns they will have no reinformences, so they can be defeated

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    The game crashes to desktop at launch when trying to launch it after switching the old files with yours.
    Because you dunno what The Ashlanders faction is i suppose you dont have official patch 1.2
    Check moddb page, you will find link here

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

I've been looking through the download and moddb pages but I cannot find any instructions on how to download. Is it a simple download or something more complicated?

Also Jadli how does one install your patch?
    Last edited by Chris P. Bacon; December 22, 2015 at 10:24 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

You gotta download 1.0(extract it into med2/mods), then 1.2.(extract it into TES folder)
    My patch can be installed simply by extracting it into TES folder

@Jadli you might want to repost your newest patch, twcenter deleted a lot of posts including your patch. Also it deleted my bug report, if you're interested in reading i'll rewrite, just let me know

Gaming Emeritus

sure, ill be glad if you repost it. So will I
    Jadli´s Second patch for TTW 1.2

The main feature of this bew version of my patch are 3 new campaigns.
    However, thats not all.
    Changelog:
    - Rebalanced unit stats, buildings, ships and faction rosters again.
    - AI now uses ships much more.
    -Improved Oblivion Crisis.
    -Assassins and spies now can be hired only in guilds.
    -Added custom portraits for characters from TES V Skyrim

Campaigns:
    - 3 new campaigns from 4th Era
    - In original game it wasnt much obvious that The Empire rules all of Tamriel, so they were given several settlements in provincies that are their vassals.

Bugs:
    - In new campaigns there is Dagoth faction. However, its here here just to represent the consequences of Red Year. They are freezed and their armies consist only of ashspawn units.
    - The game mechanic doesnt allow us to have female characters ingame. But i had to add several important female characters as men.

0) Imperial campaign
    Added few settlements to TE, and improved tons of settlements and buildings.

Map

1) The Great War

It has been 171 years since Martin Septim sacrificed himself to stop the Oblivion crisis, and in this time the problems of Tamriel have not abated. Only a few years later, the Red year devastated Morrowind and the Argonians succeeded from the Empire mounting a vicious campaign of aggressive expansionism into weakened Morrowind, all of southern Morrowind fell and the Argonian advance was only halted by the warriors of House Redoran. In the 49th year of the Fourth Era out of Black Marsh came the floating city of Umbriel spreading undeath and plague wherever it went.
    Orsinium was sacked and the orcs have fled south East to the Mountains between Skyrim and Hammerfell to set up their New Orsinium. Daggerfall and Wayrest the two chief Kingdoms of High Rock remain prosperous secluded from the troubles of Tamriel, for now.
    In Hammerfell the Crowns and Forebears continue to wage war on one another for the right to rule all Redguards.
    The Dunmer begin to pick up the pieces of their broken Kingdom in Morrowind with House Redoran taking the reigns of power as the saviors of the Dunmer people.
    Perhaps most worryingly a political party in the Summerset Isles known as the Thalmor managed to take control of the Isles and rename them Alinor, their influence soon spread as they backed a coup in the government of Valenwood which led to Valenwoods succession from the ever weakening Empire and joining the newly founded Aldmeri Dominion. Elsweyr succeeded from the Empire and serves as a vassal state to the Aldmeri Dominion.
    The new Emperor of Tamriel, Titus Mede II, only ascended to the throne 3 years ago in 168, but now faces a challenge like no other. The day is the 30th of Frostfall and an unannounced ambassador of the Aldmeri dominion has arrived in the Imperial City, he makes a list of demands to the new Emperor among the demands are hefty tributes, the outlawing of Talos worship, the disbandment of the Blades and ceding large areas of Southern Hammerfell to the Dominion, the Emperor refused at which point the Ambassador uncovered a cart he had brought to reveal hundreds of severed heads, the heads of ALL Blades agents in Summerset Isles and Valenwood. Thus the Great War Begins.
    The Thalmor general Lord Naarifin emerges in the South of Cyrodiil from hidden camps in the borders of Elsweyr, and quickly takes a control of Leyawiin. Simultaneously an army led by the Thalmor Lady Arannelya marched through Cyrodiil from Valenwood bypassing Anvil and Kvatch and moving to Hammerfell and other Thalmor forces quickly began to land on the Southern coast of Hammerfell...
    The War has begun, the fate of the Empire and perhaps all Tamriel hangs in the balance, now is the time of TOTAL WAR!

Map

2) White-Gold Concordat
    4 Years have passed since the Great War began. Since then Southern Hammerfell has been conquered by the Dominion as well as southern Cyrodiil and even the Imperial City was sacked and occupied.
    Titus Mede II, Emperor of Tamriel has made his last, bold, move, he gathered his legions for a march on the Imperial City itself to retake it from the Thalmor, in a surprise attack the City was surrounded and liberated.
    The Thalmor general Naarifin who led the conquest of Cyrodiil and the infamous sacking of the Imperial City itself inflicting untold horrors on the innocent residents, was hung with a rope from the White-Gold Tower and kept alive for thirty-three days as Justice and vengeance for his actions. Yet the battle of the Red Diamond was a Pyrrhic Victory for the Imperials, they have lost too many men to keep this war going.. Titus knows that this may be his last and only chance for peace, while Alinor still reels from the news of the loss of Cyrodiil the Emperor sends word he is ready to make a peace and end the war. The treaty holds many of the same demands the Thalmor had asked for before the war, the outlawing of Talos worship in the Empire and the disbandment of the diminished Blades are both accepted terms, as well as the Emperor agreeing to cede southern Hammerfell to the dominion. The treaty is signed by the Emperor in the White-Gold Tower itself thus earning the name "The White-Gold Concordat".
    Meanwhile the former rivalries of the Clans and Forebears have been put aside, the Redguards stand together against their common foe. They denounce the Imperial submission and most of all blatantly refuse to hand over southern Hammerfell to the Dominion, they continue the fight against the Elves and the Emperor has no choice but to disown them and declare them no longer a part of the Empire, this causes relations between the Empire and the Redguards to cease, and this abandonment will not soon be forgotten.
    Meanwhile in Morrowind House Redoran has managed to push further south ever so slightly retaking formerly annexed lands from the Argonians, full scale war does not erupt as the Argonians begin to pull back allowing the Dunmer some small amount of their past lands.
    In Skyrim the Forsworn Reachmen manage to conquer Markarth in the chaos of the war forcing the Nords out. Ulfric Stormcloack Jarl of Windhelm leads a Nord Militia in the retaking of the city with the assurance from Igmund the rightful Jarl of Markarth that the ban on Talos worship would be lifted if he retook the city. Ulfric and his militia defeated the Forsworn occupying the city and captured their King Madanach. Igmund keeps his word as Jarl allowing the worship of Talos, but when Imperial reinforcements arrived to restore rule of law Ulfric wouldn't allow them entry until they agreed to allow the worship of Talos in the Empire, with looting and death on Markarths streets the Imperials accepted Ulfrics terms thus possibly jeopardizing the peace with the Aldmeri Dominion. Eventually under pressure from the Thalmor the Empire rescinded their agreement with Ulfric and had he and his Militia are ousted from the city and arrested.
    One Great War has ended, but the peace will not last, what shall be the fate of Hammerfell and the Empire in this time of TOTAL WAR...

Map

3) Stormcloak Rebellion
    4E - 201 A year that will go down in history and legend both, the year of the last Dragonborn.
    5 years after the Great War had ended, the Redguards of Hammerfell were still fighting against the Aldmeri occupation.
    They had been abandoned by the Empire and left alone, but this struggle had brought the bickering clans of Hammerfell together, the Crowns and Forebears put aside their age old rivalries and stood united against the Elves, alone, they managed to fight the Elves to a standstill, and in the year 180 the Second Treaty of Stros M'Kai was signed, all remaining Dominion forces withdrew from Hammerfell.
    High Rock had been spared many of the horrors of the Great War due to it's position far from the fronts, but its time of peace did not last. In the year 188 Corsair pirates sacked the Great trade city of Wayrest and took it over, a golden age in the Kingdom of Wayrests history quickly came to a violent end. Meanwhile in Cyrodiil unrest was rife, criminals roamed freely as the weakened Empire clung to what strength they had left. In Bravil two major players in the Skooma trade decided to use the city as their battleground. Riots and looting took over the city, even the Lucky Lady statue was destroyed, and it took weeks for guards to restore order.
    In Skyrim the young High King Torygg ruled, his father Istlod, who had led Skyrim in the Great War had died a few years earlier and Torygg had been near unanimously voted High King, one who spoke against Torygg was Ulfric Stormcloak, Jarl of Windhelm.
    After the Markarth incident Ulfric began to lose faith in the Empire, he believed it was no longer the proud strong Empire it had once been, the Empire forged by Talos, had abandoned him... No longer would Ulfric bend his knee to Torygg, no longer would he sit by while the Elves steal away people in the night. Ulfric rode to the Great Capital of Skyrim, Solitude. There before the Kings court he issued a challenge to Torygg, an old Nord custom, a duel of Honor and Strength. Torygg knew Ulfric was a greater warrior, and that Ulfric could use the Thu'um, he respected Ulfric, and he was no coward, he accepted his death like a true Nord. And so Ulfric used his Thu'um and shouted the brave young King apart, he then fled the city on horseback with guards in pursuit. The Imperials decried him as a traitor and coward guilty of regicide, and ordered his arrest, Ulfric raised his banner in Rebellion and several of the holds of Skyrim followed him.
    Skyrim is split in two, the Civil War has begun. Yet... their may be greater threats on the horizon... For the Scrolls have foretold of Black Wings in the Cold that when Brothers Wage War Come Unfurled!!

Map

Changes made in previous patches:

-The Recruitment is now based on religion, not your homeland, so you have to convert foreign settlememts first, but after that you can hire there units ( for basic units its 25%, medium 50%, elite 75% and in some special cases its 85%).
    -Priests added.
    -Added all units into recruitment list into game, (minimally 1/4 of them was missing ) - its for example all generals bodyguards, Knights of The Rose, Nomad light cav,...)
    - And some special like Knights of The Iron, or Lily,... you are allowed to hire in special provincies due to lore, and some of them shared with factions with the same reĺigion.
    - Upragading barracks, stables is now profitable.
    -Improved and recruiting - Some units are cheaper, some more expensive. In most cases recruiting takes at least two turns ( 1 for basic inf, 2 for medium/heavy, 3 for elite, etc). Ship recruitment is also improved - they are now more expensive and takes at least 2 turns to be built.
    -Balanced units - every faction now has at least one elite unit.
    - You are now allowed to build religious buildings and roads in villages.
    -Villages now can be upragded.
    -Ballista towers can be build in the fortresses.
    - Highger levels of ports now can be also built.
    -Every province with fishing village can build/ have a port.
    -All factions now can hire a diplomat, spy, etc...

Install instructions:

Download The Elder Scrolls mod 1.0 ( or alternative torrent link) + patch 1.2 + my new patch (install in this order).

Extract it all into medieval/mods.

Credits:
    Dawnbreaker - Texts and lore advisor
    Macrath - The File allowing us to use custom campaign in hotseats
    Carnage752 - The file changing Ghostgate region
    Vythodias - battle_models file

And of course to TES dev team!

If is anybody interested in playing TES hotseats with TWC community, let me know.
    Last edited by Jadli; February 16, 2016 at 11:48 AM.

Ok, here we go:
    -Campaign: Major: Dagoth is not frozen, i tried multiple times, once as kingdom of Annequina using toggle_fow and once as tribunal temple, in which my ghotsgate settlement got attacked by dagoth in the first turn. Now, i'm not bothered by that at all for i prefer an active House Dagoth, but i thought i still let you know. Also, they have more than just Ashspawns. I did install your patch correctly, for i only can recruit spies and assassins using guilds, and the new campaigns(awesome btw) are playable as well. Second one, and this is more of a question than a bug; Are the undead supposed to act aggressive? EG they often siege Settlements i took of them, and they seem to do quite well against the AI as well, cause the AI seems to lose their settlements quite often to undead. Also, the new empire settlements you gave them tend to rebell pretty fast. Except for the ones on the summerset isles. This needs some more testing before i'd make a general statement about it doe.
    Now some minor bugs: The Assassins Guild still has the "WARNING DO NOT TRANSLATE" when its offered to you. Some Units still have the Placeholder Image, as well as the Hist Temple of the Argonians and the Priests. I don't know if its a lot of work but to give them some lore friendly images would be suggar sweet . One Unit of the Undead, appears to be a Draugr Unit wielding a Spear, still is called unlocalized Placement Text. The Siege Units of the Undead are untextured, means that the artillery crew consists of "Silver Surfers", if you know what i mean. Also a graphical bug is that some weapons seem to float, if for example, certain units use a ram. This isn't too bad, but the Draugr Siege Engines really bother me. I don't think Draugr should have access to ballistae etc, especially because the AI tends to recruit a lot of Siege Engines, which is really annoying when fighting the undead, mainly because of the mentioned texture bug.
    I think that's all for now, i'd suggest some ideas for the future though(keep in mind i have not really deep insight in modding): Add some unit buildings, like the compagnions(Jorvaskrr) in Whiterun, which provides an experience Bonus and better armory(Because of Eorlund Greymane) and allows to recruit Compagnions(i don't know if you know how to create Units, so its more like a bonus), add the fighting guild from TESIV Oblivion, the Winterhold College(would be really awesome) and maybe some more. Also an Idea for the Hist temples, rename them into "Hist Sapling", "Hist young Tree" and so on to "Ancient/Giant Hist Tree" for upgrades and use the Picture that comes up when you search for Hist Tree in TES Wiki.
    You improved the mod by an incredible amount, these are just some Suggestions, let me know what you think and keep it up

I think Dagoth are only frozen in the NEW campaigns. The Morrowind/Oblivion campaign still uses them normally.

Gaming Emeritus

Correct. In Imperial campaign Dagoth acts normally. He is supposed to be frozen only in new campaigns where he is supposed only to be somth like "Ashspawn rebel faction".
    Thanks for other things you mentioned. Will try to fix it. Howewer, most of it is beyond my abilities for now

Is there Daedra Armies in the new campaigns?? like oblivion crisis?

Gaming Emeritus

No, Oblivion Crisis happened before the new campaigns
    Last edited by Jadli; January 19, 2016 at 05:38 AM.

yes i know oblivion happened before, but there is no daedric faction in the new campaigns?

i have another question: can you mod the map to have more isles? i like your work and the creator of this mod work but i think we need more isles, like Thras or Pyandonea http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/T...arthmodeus.jpg

Gaming Emeritus

Ok, i may try to add minor deadric faction in next version...

ARGH is already making new amazing maps http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Elder-Scrolls

I've encountered a very annoying bug in your patch, Jadli.
    Units during battles seem to have some strange AI issues I've never seen before in medieval, not even in the original ES mod.
    In every battle I've played since using your patch, some of my soldiers sometimes just 'freeze' and don't act not even when I tell them to move or something. They also don't fight back when someone's fighting them.

Gaming Emeritus

I highly doubt my patch caused this as I havent done anything with such files I believe.
    I played several battles using my new patch and I encoutered no problem.
    Maybe try to reinstall

Hey, I really love this mod and just noticed the new patch you released, read that you even included a Stormcloak Rebellion campaign, which begs the question: does the Last Dragonborn actually make an appearance in any way, and could there be any way to implement some sort of scripted features or such related to Alduin's return?