Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: [UP]TES UP 2.0.5. RE-RELEASED on the 17th March 2024

Default Re: [Sub mod] Unofficial TES Patch 1.3 - DOWNLOAD LINK

I redownloaded twice but nvm, i tried with 7-zip and it worked, thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post

Did you follow the install instructions? First 1.0, then extract the patch into it (overwrite everything). If you do it correctly, it should be in english...
    I reinstalled it and now it is in English. Thanks!

Laetus

Hello everyone, first off want to say what an amazing mod this is. Absolutely loving it and this 1.3 patch. With that said, I am sporadically getting CTDs when I end my turn. Sometimes I can go 10-15 turns without it crashing and other times it will happen every time I end my turn. Any reason in particular that is happening?

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Can you give me the save? Ill check it out

Laetus

What is the best way to send it to you?

Gaming Emeritus

post it here i guess

Without enough posts he may not be able to post attachments.

Laetus

Here is the save, it is an auto save and it just crashed on me several times in a row when I end the turn. Hopefully this shows up haha.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm thinking of starting a Great House Dres playthrough and in the first turn I get the option to choose the Nerevarine or "a darker path" to save Morrowind. What might this darker path be? I like the idea of Great House Dres (and the Dunmer in general) going it alone in spite of Azura and her prophecy.

Wow, nevermind, found out the answer - in previous versions of the mod the action did not reveal itself. That escalated quickly.

SteveUK's Avatar Foederatus

Hi Jadi

Enjoying the changes that you have made to this marvellous mod and currently playing The Stormcloak Rebellion as the Stormcloaks. The one thing I'm not liking too much are the mages (Empire) which seem far to powerful in defence. In one battle, the Empire had 15 mages which I constantly attacked from my 6 Archer units before sending in heavy infantry. After a few minutes, my heavy infantry unit was depleted. I then attacked the mages with my commander and his guard unit. My commander was killed which turned the battle and all this for the loss of only 3 of the 15 mages.

I know I can recruit my own mages at Winterhold but feel that a race like the Nords would not use such units. Why are the mages so powerful defensively? The Empire's battlemages are so much easier to kill. Am I missing something here?
    Mods I use;

My own for slowing movement.

"It is not truth that matters, but victory" Adolph Hitler.

Gaming Emeritus

This is fantasy mod, some units are supposed to be OP. Mages of Arcane university are probably the second most powerful entity in Tamriel (after psijics), probably together with Masters of Age, Breton masters and alinor wizards.
    For a player its hard to actually hire them and maintain them as they are very expensive and AI will not hire them too. Battlemages are just regular average mages.

Each AI faction gets some of its best units in the beginnig to make the game more interesting. If you get rid of this unit somehow, you will most likely not meet the faction again

Hey, great mod! Love it! I am having one issue, I am playing House Redoran and at turn 93, I crash. No matter what I try to do. I have the log

06:37:13.206 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    06:37:13.207 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    06:37:13.209 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    06:37:13.210 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    06:37:13.210 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    06:37:13.211 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    06:37:13.212 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    06:37:13.212 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    06:37:21.782 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 2788, column 37
    missile range of 1019 is impossible with projectile greek_fire (max range 1019)
    06:37:21.798 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 8232, column 37
    06:37:21.798 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 8266, column 37
    06:37:21.798 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 8300, column 37
    06:37:22.074 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 2706, column 91
    unit(galleass) does not match up to the ownership for faction(papal_states)
    06:37:22.075 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 2706, column 91
    unit(galleass) does not match up to the ownership for faction(aztecs)
    06:37:22.075 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 2706, column 91
    unit(galleass) does not match up to the ownership for faction(normans)
    06:37:22.076 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 2731, column 91
    06:37:22.076 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 2731, column 91
    06:37:22.079 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 2810, column 91
    06:37:22.079 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 2810, column 91
    06:37:22.080 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 2835, column 91
    06:37:22.081 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 2835, column 91
    06:37:22.081 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 2835, column 91
    06:37:22.639 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 22488, column 45
    Building level name artist_studio not found as a level in building database
    06:37:22.639 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 22497, column 45
    Building level name merchant_bank not found as a level in building database
    06:37:22.639 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 22505, column 45
    Building level name theatre not found as a level in building database
    06:37:22.640 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 22521, column 45
    Building level name public_baths not found as a level in building database
    06:37:22.640 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 22529, column 45
    Building level name library not found as a level in building database
    06:37:22.641 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 23237, column 43
    Building level name artist_studio not found as a level in building database
    06:37:22.641 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 23248, column 43
    Building level name theatre not found as a level in building database
    06:37:22.641 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 23282, column 43
    06:37:22.641 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 23304, column 43
    06:37:22.642 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 23621, column 40
    Building level name eastern_assassins_guild not found as a level in building database
    06:37:22.642 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 23630, column 40
    Building level name m_eastern_assassins_guild not found as a level in building database
    06:37:22.642 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 23639, column 39
    Building level name gm_eastern_assassins_guild not found as a level in building database
    06:37:22.643 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 23738, column 43
    Building level name m_merchants_guild not found as a level in building database
    06:37:22.643 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 23747, column 39
    Building level name gm_merchants_guild not found as a level in building database
    06:38:08.399 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Any insight would be great!

Sorry if this isn't the place to post bugs.

Jadil, I have a suggestion. Would it be possible to make the Redoran general unit an infantry unit? I've studied the Redorans for a long time and I think it would be more appropriate to their warrior culture. Just like their use of crossbows seems strange, since in Morrowind the crossbow is the weapon of choice for the Imperials alone.

In fact, the only Dunmer generals I could see being mounted would be Dres - due to the nature of their lands and emphasis on mobility, and maybe the cowardly Hlaalu for the extra escape option it gives.

Also regarding overpowered mages in single combat - I interpret this to represent their use of the various school of magicka, such as alteration, conjuration etc., which helps them be far more durable.

Gaming Emeritus

It would be possible for sure. Original GB was cavalry, so didnt change it. Not sure what can we do about crossbows. Removing them seems as a waste...

Well, I think Dres generals shouldnt be mounted, as they fight mainly in marshes of the south, where cavalry is probably useless...

Yea, you interpret that right. Tho, some tiny changes in their stats will be probably done.

Is there a list of settlements that have custom battle maps floating around somewhere? I've only had occasion to fight over Whiterun (in the Stormcloak campaign) so far, and was surprised to find it just a generic Medieval 2 city, since it had a custom model on the campaign map. It's really no biggie if there's no such list, but it'd be nice to know going forward where I can expect custom maps.

Gaming Emeritus

Custom models on battle map have only Imperial City, Vivec city, Ghostgate, Dagoth Ur (city), Molag Mar. Plus there are some widely used models for morrowind cities, telvanni castles etc

Icon13 Re: [Sub mod] Unofficial TES Patch 1.3 - DOWNLOAD LINK

Whenever I try downloading I get 11749 errors of "unknown method" when I try to use your patch. I tried to send an example but it wouldn't post.

Gaming Emeritus

If you can be more specific, I might be able to help

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Custom models on battle map have only Imperial City, Vivec city, Ghostgate, Dagoth Ur (city), Molag Mar. Plus there are some widely used models for morrowind cities, telvanni castles etc
    Ah, alright. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised given how much time and effort I'm sure it must take to create them. Thank you kindly for the answer. I look forward to checking these cities out.