Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: [UP]TES UP 2.0.5. RE-RELEASED on the 17th March 2024

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Total War

Me and K'Sharra The Conqueror have teamed up. We are working on next version of my patch that should be released in few weeks. It will have many new features, such as lore traits/ancillaries, many new (sur)names, ports in every coastal settlement. AR will be rebalanced again. There will be also new campaign - The Alliance War (ESO timeline). It is going to be the most detailed TES scenario so far, as it will have about 100 characters from the game, followed with many story scripts/events. And many other things.

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

Probably because the vary notion of owing land is alien to Bosmer.
    Quote Originally Posted by UESP
    However, the Bosmer seem to be the most pacifistic of all the modern races on Tamriel, as they have never instigated war with other nations (leading some more militant cultures to criticize them as cowards).
    I don't know for sure. It is a designer choice, although it does make sense lore-wise.

By the way, welcome to the fora! In case you didn't already know, there is this thread called "Welcome to TWC", where you can stop by and say hello if you like.

Gaming Emeritus

Well, they might be the most pacifistic in comparison to the other cultures, but that doesnt mean they dont do anything. They have attended in many great things, and there is no reason why shouldnt they have a faction apart from the possible balancing issues (not sure if thats the reason why the devs havent added the faction). Valenwood faction will be probably included in our new patch

Citizen

Thanks for the reply Jadli!

I found out about this mod recently and I got all excited, seeing that I am an Elder Scrolls junkie... Well done indeed!

As for the Bosmer Elves, I didn't mean that they couldn't be a faction on their own of course. I would very much like that myself, because I play elf character since Morrowind came out and I simply can't do otherwise. I was trying to justify the devs' choice, since I thought it could make sense lore-wise.
    On the other hand, having them as a faction can equally make sense if their love for their forests is taken into consideration. Just a thought, I support in any case.

Gaming Emeritus

Ye, they love trees and cannibalism. Will see what can I do. However, if they are added, they ll have the same units as AD, as there are only three bosmer units ingame, so dont get too overexcited.

Is there anyone who would be willing to help us with the patch. What I have on mind are boring tasks, such as adding about 100 custom portraits

Alzender's Avatar Libertus

That's awesome !

Have you also planned to balance the units (cost/stats/upkeep), like carnarge did in his submod ? I think balance is one of the main concern of this mod right now, and it would be great to have a team working on it

Gaming Emeritus

I have already done that in the previous patch mostly, but im gonna rebalance it all

Well, it seems you made a fantastic job with that patch !

Thank you very much for your help, I'm going to try your patch asap.

Just a little question as I unfortunatly can't read the changelogs before a couple of days.
    Did you add freep upkeep for units in cities (or castles)? It was something I was interested in, in Carnage's patch, but it didn't work.
    Playing as Tamriel Empire was very tedious considering the army upkeep. Maybe it's not needed anymore with your fixes though.

Gaming Emeritus

Ye, all units can be freeupkept

Allright, that seems perfect then !

Thanks again for your help and for all your work to improve this great mod !

Hey Jadli, thank you for redirecting me to your patch! I'd like to know what improvements it makes to the Oblivion Crisis, although I'm sure I can find that out from playing. I saved the instructions link to my notes to I can attempt downloading it later. I'm not tech savy haha. It sucks that the modern TW games don't have this level of mod support. Was contemplating trying to make my own attempt as an Attila mod until I learned of it's lack of mod support by comparison to older games.

Update: I decided to try downloading the patch and for some reason I can't get it to work. I'm probably doing something incorrectly.

My apologies for the spamming of replies haha, this is the tutorial i followed for the original mod and 1.2 update/patch. Do I follow the same steps it tells me for the 1.2 patch for your patch? I'm sure I'm making this harder than necessary, I guess I'm somewhat of a visual learner when it comes to these things.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Archduke of High Rock View Post
    My apologies for the spamming of replies haha, this is the tutorial i followed for the original mod and 1.2 update/patch. Do I follow the same steps it tells me for the 1.2 patch for your patch? I'm sure I'm making this harder than necessary, I guess I'm somewhat of a visual learner when it comes to these things.
    Hi Archduke of High Rock!

I don't know the answers to your questions; I'm sure anyway Jadli will be much more precise in his response which will surely come shortly.

But first: Welcome to TWC!

Second, don't worry (yet) about spamming. When you have posted 25 times and a full week has passed from your registration here, you will be able to edit your posts instead of posting new ones. In any case, a (local) moderator will probably come and merge them for our eye convenience.

Last, in case you didn't already know, there is this thread called "Welcome to TWC", where you can stop by and say hello if you like.

Gaming Emeritus

Install only 1.0, and then download and extract this this (merged patches). Overwrite everything.

About Oblivion Crisis. In the vanilla they spawned all over the map, but instead of taking the settlements they should have they just all went to Kvatch. Together they were unstoppable. However, I simply ordered them to take certain settlements in Tamriel via script, what divided into at least 10 parts fighting on their own, what actually makes it much easier and certainly not end of the game as before.

Quote Originally Posted by tarenor View Post
    Hey guys sorry to do this but it's easier then going through all of the pages, but I've checked moddb as well, but it's been quite a while has there been any sign of when 1.4 will drop? Besides CoW and TaTW:, this is one of my fave mods! also i may check out your mod Jadii if media fire doesn't give me a virus xD.
    Well, there has truly been no news from devs but I believe the are still working on it. Bur dont worry, unofficial patch 1.3 is comming

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Install only 1.0, and then download and extract this this (merged patches). Overwrite everything.

About Oblivion Crisis. In the vanilla they spawned all over the map, but instead of taking the settlements they should have they just all went to Kvatch. Together they were unstoppable. However, I simply ordered them to take certain settlements in Tamriel via script, what divided into at least 10 parts fighting on their own, what actually makes it much easier and certainly not end of the game as before.

Well, there has truly been no news from devs but I believe the are still working on it. Bur dont worry, unofficial patch 1.3 is comming
    Thanks for the response! do I have to download an english patch along with any of the listed patches above?

Gaming Emeritus

Its included in the merged patch

Thank you Jadli, I will have to give that a try probably once I get a decent PC rig set up. I'm hoping to finally do that. Also; can someone tell me where I can find a unit guide? I'd like to know how to recruit the Akaviri and other such elite units. I took Rimmen as the Empire, but could not recruit them, and trying to bribe them to join another time was not working either.

Why the thanes of skyrim are glowing ??

Gaming Emeritus

Thank you Jadli, I will have to give that a try probably once I get a decent PC rig set up. I'm hoping to finally do that. Also; can someone tell me where I can find a unit guide? I'd like to know how to recruit the Akaviri and other such elite units. I took Rimmen as the Empire, but could not recruit them, and trying to bribe them to join another time was not working either.
    There is none, but I guess I could make some with the new patch. Unless you use my patch, you basically cant hire any special units. In my patch Akaviri can be hired in Rimmen, Blades in Cloud Ruler Temple, knight orders can be hired in various places (regions that the order actually had a base in, or some bonus settlements known for having a great chapel devoted to the same god as the order = you can hire them in many settlements around Iliac Bay, aswell as in few settlements in Cyrodiil and Skyrim. And also few settlements in other regions). Other special units such as thanes or Hands of Almalexia (tho this one shall be probably made recruitable only in a province or two in next patch) are part of of regular faction unit trees, samely as every other special unit in game I have forgotten to mention. Ill make some small changes in where you can hire hire knight orders, to make it more difficult to get them, to not give those factions such big advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by breton_knight 31 View Post
    Why the thanes of skyrim are glowing ??
    Only captains actually. Will make sure that gets fixed