Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: [UP]TES UP 2.0.5. RE-RELEASED on the 17th March 2024

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: [Sub mod] Unofficial TES Patch 1.3 - DOWNLOAD LINK

I don't understand why everybody has to replace a Kingdoms campaign mod folder. You can install the mod without having to replace anything

Here's what I do for all of my mods (yes, this is for Steam):

1) Install your mod to the mods folder under its own name, e.g. The_Elder_Scrolls

2) Go to your Medieval II root directory, e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common" and copy the "medieval2.exe". Rename the copy "kingdoms.exe".

3) Launch the mod and enjoy!

Mate what I'm saying is bring the data and everything else inside of the teutonic folder, launch the teutonic campaign from steam and this mod should play instead

Hello, I'm not sure if this has already been answered but I am getting a crash when processing the AI turn:
    - Crash happens after clicking end turn on turn 71 in the Black Drake campaign
    - When the crash happens, the game gets stuck on one of the Morrowind houses (I've loaded the game and ended the turn a number of times and it isn't always the same one), starts using loads of memory and stops responding
    - So far I have tried deleting the triggers in 'export_descr_ancillaries.txt' and 'export_descr_character_traits.txt', but the exact same thing happens with no difference

Anyone here had/having the same problem?

If I were you I'd reload the turn before it crashes type 'toggle_fow' into the MedievalShell, enable watching ai turns, see what it is that happens on said turn and moving the character(s) away from said area (Could be caused from a certain settlement being besieged or from a battle happening on a certain bit of land). Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Just A Normal Person View Post
    If I were you I'd reload the turn before it crashes type 'toggle_fow' into the MedievalShell, enable watching ai turns, see what it is that happens on said turn and moving the character(s) away from said area (Could be caused from a certain settlement being besieged or from a battle happening on a certain bit of land). Hope this helps.
    Cheers, I think that's narrowed it down a bit. The AI captures one of the settlements on Vvardenfell during its turn, the crash seems to happen around then.

Quote Originally Posted by Maffles View Post
    Cheers, I think that's narrowed it down a bit. The AI captures one of the settlements on Vvardenfell during its turn, the crash seems to happen around then.
    Okay, I've figured out what is happening. The settlement the AI captures is the last remaining settlement belonging to the Tribes of Ashlanders, meaning that the crash is probably happening when that faction is destroyed.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Use console command "surrender_regions ashlanders"

Quote Originally Posted by Just A Normal Person View Post
    Seems your new mod-team-member had a problem with his game on one of your scenarios Your Holiness. It would seem that 'randomly' one turn on the 'stormcloak rebellion' scenario that the entire Empire faction decided to become rebels (because they're obviously mental), this isn't really your fault nor is it even caused by your submod. This problem has been the same from what I've seen, the original TES mod. The exact thing he specified happened to me on two separate occasions, each one when I assassinated the Faction Leader of a foreign power, the first one I assassinated the Faction Leader of Great House Redoran, and Redoran in the height of it's power, simply ceased to exist and in it's place was a large chunk of rebel settlements. The second time I did this was when against The Ashlanders (Nothing really changed except the colors and diplomatic options ^^). Unfortunately I have no idea how to fix this destroying the entire faction (It only seems to work in certain circumstances unbeknownst to me), the way I get around this is by being extremely paranoid about saves, making sure for every battle, or any small change there is a save... I usually have 3 different saves for each faction just in case :3. You'd want to reload a previous save (Preferably 1 turn before said-spontaneous-rebel-appearance) and manipulate the MedievalShell into moving said-Faction-Leader away from his current location, if you really don't like cheating just move him back next turn.
    Yea, seems AI is too lazy to adopt new FMs sometimes. Plan to add more family members to all factions, as well as hidden family trees for important noble families, (about 95% of them will be made up I guess) to avoid these things from happening. Decreasing amount of turn per year might help too...
    Last edited by Jadli; July 02, 2017 at 08:23 AM.

Thanks, it worked

Hi Jadli thanks for your effort and for still working on this mod. I am here to ask for some help, my problem is that aparently i can not open the console, i pushed all the buttons in my keyboard but it still doesnt work. This problem does not happen in other mods nor the vanilla game. I have discovered some problem related to this; when i go to "keyboard settings/misc" the console command key does not show up, i tried to use the default key settings but it does nothing. I have the spanish version of the game, and im starting to think that probably having the spanish version is the main problem, because the key setting are showed in spanish, but the rest of the mod is in english.

Can you give me a hand with this, please? Thank you.

Oh, and i apologize for my english and if i wrote something wrong please sorry me, i am not native.

Gaming Emeritus

Neither am I

However, Im not sure whats causing this, try to post in the workshop http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...r-Mod-Workshop

Progress coming along well on new units!

we need a elder scrolls mod for Warhammer. u know, updating the whole elder scrolls mod

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post

I have actually been looking into the ideas with papal states for some time. It has many issues, and I have not yet decided whether to go with it or not. Jihads will be certainly included too (but ofc renamed to something), maybe for the dominion, so they can actually move from their isles time from time. Papacy system might somehow work, if all priests are removed, however, problems are the different religions. Making the system only for few factions might not be worth it... Might be better to use it for tribunal. As I said, not sure yet. We will see...
    The crusade/jihad mechanics can only be used by two religions and it gives big bonuses to those factions (dubble movement and no upkeep for armies on crusade/jihad). And as some others pointed out earlier the AI can't use the papacy system well. I suggest that we don't implement it because of all the issues.

On another note, DeadraWarrior (one of the original developers) has made a post regarding an upcoming update to the original mod.
    "Fusozay Var Var": Enjoy Life

Gaming Emeritus

Ah, praise The Nine! Lost all hopes some time ago...

I am thinking about many things, which unfortunately doesnt make them happen. Implementing this properly is going to be very difficult, and considering there will be an official update, it is probably not worth it, as we will have more than enough job to make our content compatible with theirs . Jihads for one faction faction/religion might be useful to help AI expand, but not gonna spend time on that in near future for sure. Have got some more time now, so hotfix (actually patch, as it will add some small things...) should be up soon.

I don't know if this sub-mod adds it or if it was in the original, but can someone tell me what that unlabeled checkbox(the cross shaped checkboxes) under the "no battle time limit" and to the right of "show cpu moves" does. I am talking about where it shows the menu when starting a new game.

Here is an image that shows the page I am talking about(but the checkbox I am talking about is not there and I don't know how to upload my own)

There is a checkbox with no label or description to the right of "Show CPU Moves" and under "No Battle Time Limit".
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; July 06, 2017 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged.

Gaming Emeritus

It expands the map, so you can visit the Akaviri Islands
    Last edited by Jadli; July 06, 2017 at 05:25 PM.

Wait... what...? You can go to Akavir??

Gaming Emeritus

Just joking. I actually have no idea what is it doing (probably nothing)

I've tested it. The unlabeled checkbox creates a true Fog of War, like the one seen in the Beginning of the End Times mod.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

I notice that the Aldmeri Dominion and the Kingdom of Valenwood has the same elite unit and their strong vs weak units is almost identical. There are few things I need to mention.

• The option window in the TESTW Launcher does not close properly when clicking the Cancel button
    • The text color used in the description for a faction is a little hard to read because the white color is more pale grey-white than a clear white text color
    • Why do I have three factions above all the others faction when seeing Dantotalwar's posted picture?
    • When I click on the last faction to the right I got a CTD, why do I get a CTD? The CTD, for the House Hlaalu, I got is gone now, I dunno why.

I follow the instructions The Holy Pilgrim's posted here about installing the TES TW mod for the Steam version.

If that matters, I simply created a shortcut for the TESTW Launcher then launch it and everything seems to work, except for those things I mention above.

Of course I haven't started a new campaign yet since this is the first time I launched the TES TW mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantotalwar View Post
    There is a checkbox with no label or description to the right of "Show CPU Moves" and under "No Battle Time Limit".
    I see the same thing, unlabeled checkbox under the "No Battle Time Limit".
    Last edited by Leonardo; July 09, 2017 at 07:36 AM.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.