Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: [UP]TES UP 2.0.5. RE-RELEASED on the 17th March 2024

Default Re: [Submod] Unofficial Patch for TES:TW - Version 1.42 RELEASED (FINAL VERSION) - NEW HOTFIX RELEASED

Wow all of it looks amazing, can't wait for it to come out!

Default Re: [Submod] Unofficial Patch for TES:TW - Version 1.42 RELEASED (FINAL VERSION) - NEW HOTFIX RELEASED

I played this mod a few years back mainly to the excellent difficulty. I mean TES 2.0 is nice and shiny, but if you take few strategic settlements and retreat from Vvanderfell/Solstheim it becomes very easy. So I am looking forward to this great mod for the added difficulty of the scenarios. Keep up the good work!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Regarding the pics from post #556: I notice some very steep areas that are accessible - do test battles there, they might be unplayable.

General: There are faction banners 'sunken' into the buildings - it's the placement of the 'symbol' element within the building model that determines this placement, shouldn't be to difficult to fix.

Your center UI's text (army, castle, agent..) is not aligned properly - play with the <hud_tab_text_vert_offset uint="18"/> value in the display section of descr_campign_db. Add line if not present.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Regarding the pics from post #556: I notice some very steep areas that are accessible - do test battles there, they might be unplayable.

General: There are faction banners 'sunken' into the buildings - it's the placement of the 'symbol' element within the building model that determines this placement, shouldn't be to difficult to fix.

Your center UI's text (army, castle, agent..) is not aligned properly - play with the <hud_tab_text_vert_offset uint="18"/> value in the display section of descr_campign_db. Add line if not present.
    Yay, well I have just learned mapping so I definitely need to polish a few more things... will need to test the battles for sure, I though it was kind of too easy

Yes, its on my to-do-list

Hm, will add that into my files for sure!

Thanks a lot

BTW, we are now also on discord, along with TES:TW. You can join via an invite in this thread https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...mods-included)
    Last edited by Jadli; August 13, 2020 at 12:19 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

Reworked campaigns maps

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Black Drake

Three Banners War

Third Era

Some new settlements

Blog Entries

Seeing those vast areas of the same ground type I would suggest to try using large sized files (512*512 or even 1024 *1024) for those particular ground types to break up the monotony\repetition, you'll be amazed how well satellite pics actually work! I remember using some from the Sahara for my Rage of dark Gods repack.

Take a look.
    A bit of Saudi Arabia.
    Green stuff.
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 04, 2020 at 05:52 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

Oh, thanks for help a lot. Making it more natural will make it look much nicer!

Though, if I were to increase the res... the current ground types is 863x601... what is the highest number I can resize it to, 1021x711? Neverthless, I cant do it anyways, right? As it will change colours of many pixels, so it wouldnt work... I would have to go over the map and fix each of the bad ones, right?

I can do it even without resizing I suppose, though it would be less detailed slightly. Neverthless, for this version I hm finished with polishing map (hopefully), so I will get to this once I finish other stuff for the release

Blog Entries

Enlarging existing textures will make them blurry, rather make new ones. And it's usually done in the 128, 256, 1024, 2048 square sizes. The mordor texture in TATW is a big one for instance to allow the proper placements of the lava streams instead of having a repetitive texture.

Gaming Emeritus

Are we talking about map_ground_types or about map textures for the specific ground types? And I thought hardcoded limit is 1021x1021? Tamriel map isnt a square but a rectangle...

Blog Entries

We are talking about textures for the specific ground types - see data\terrain\aerial_map\ground_types directory and data\descr_aerial_map_ground_types.txt

Max size for the world\maps\base\map_ground_types file is 1021*1021, correct. But alas it's not what I was talking about as you guessed.

Gaming Emeritus

Ah, if I get on it, I could do it globally for all campaigns so that would be great . Seems the majority of the TES oare 500-something or 256.

One more time back to thing we were not supposed to talk about thoughtIf a map is a rectangle and not a squre, whats the maximum then... Can for example x size be extended over 1021 if y size is shorter? So for example that it would be 1321x721? Or do rectangular maps have the disadvantage that both sides still have to be under 1021, hence it cant use "all availible pixels"

Blog Entries

The shape is irrelevant - the max dimensions of map files remain 1021 in either direction (based on the max 510*510 of descr_terrain). It's not a matter of number of surface pixels, eg total surface.

Gaming Emeritus

Imperial Isle in the Second Era

Dragon raids

Kingdom of Evermore Units

Evermore Guard

Evermore Archers

Evermore Mounted Javelineers

Evermore Knights

Evermore Pikemen

(And "Vigilants" are renamed to Knights of Sain Pelin, who shall serve as the main elite unit to Evermore (similar to Knights of the Rose and Dragon for Wayres/Daggerfall)

Kingdom of Sharnhelm Units

Sharnhelm Knights

Sharnhelm Guard

Sharnhelm Archers

Sharnhelm Crossbowmen

Sharnhelm Highlanders

Ayleid Guardians

Gaming Emeritus

Reskins for The Empire
    Credits (to all those reskins) goes to NauticalNate1. Credits to the original units obviously go to the TESTW team

Reskis for Colovia (Kingdom of Cyrodiil)

(BTW, its pretty likely there might be a Christmas release )

Dont forget to aslo follow us on moddb https://www.moddb.com/mods/unofficia...olls-total-war

and join our discord https://discord.gg/gg9dzjZP4K

Christonikos's Avatar Centenarius

Kindom of Cyrodiil heavy units looks so cool with the new colors. They look both Oblivion like and ESO/Skyrim like at the same time.
    BTW, in the Three Banners War scenario, who is the Empire's faction leader? Clivia Tharn? Seeing the map, I wouldn't mind if Imperial City did not belong to the Empire and instead we had a Rimmen based Euraxia Tharn faction.

Gaming Emeritus

Glad you like them.

Clivia Tharn indeed. Well, that is not a bad idea. The Empire faction in this scenario is mostly based around Rimmen with Euraxia and other Tharns indeed anyway. Trying to hold Imperial City for a few turns might be fun though ... . Im not sure if I can make Empire a playable faction in this scenario anyway, due to a bunch of scripts.

Hey, I see that you are making progress with your mod! Good luck with it, looking good! I'm in a better position now to offer some help if you still want help anyways.
    DCI: Last Alliance: Unit maker. Proud member of The Imperial House of Hader

Gaming Emeritus

Hey, thanks. I think that for the (hopefully) Xmass release we got all the main elements that need to be included covered, so I will get back to you afterwards, if you still have time by then

Gaming Emeritus

Haafingar and Eastmarch reskins
    (credits to NauticalNate1 as usually)

Gaming Emeritus

Bosmeri Warpaint