Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: [UP]TES UP 2.0.5. RE-RELEASED on the 17th March 2024

Default Re: [Submod] Unofficial Patch for TES:TW - Version 1.42 RELEASED (FINAL VERSION) - NEW HOTFIX RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Yea, of course its all supposed to work, but the mutiple part installtion seems to be an issue for lot of people, will try to make some simpler install soon.

Reinstall should help. How exactly can you not access them?
    So, when I enter the game, I click my way to hotseat campaign. When, after clicking multiplayer and then the hotseat button, it simply skips to choosing factions for the base mod campaign. Furthermore, I know that the unofficial patch is installed as I can access, and have played part of a campaign, of a single player campaign with your version of the Oblivion crisis. With multiplayer, it simply bypasses being able to choose what campaign I, and my friends, play.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [Submod] Unofficial Patch for TES:TW - Version 1.42 RELEASED (FINAL VERSION) - NEW HOTFIX RELEASED

Ah, I can't read. Thought you were talking about custom scenarios in single player mode.

Its currently not possible to use custom campaigns in hotseat without slightly changing the files (switching the campaigns), as there no longer is such option in menu, though I plan to readd it.

Read my TES hotseat guide, its explained there (section II)

Excellent! Thank you for your help.

Amazing mod. All of my early RPG war fantasies from Morrowind are coming true. Great work to all involved. Allow me to pester you with some nitty gritty questions? Please note that your current product is phenomenal, these are just fun additions I've considered.

1. Will Nerevar's return be attended by an event that lets you go back to Daedra Worship e.g. Azura? The Nerevarine's return was shortly followed by Sotha Sil's assassination by the now-evil Almalexia, who the Nerevarine also ends up killing. Vivec also becomes a mortal once the Heart of Lorkhan is destroyed. Perhaps some events where the religion of the Temple disappears after the destruction of Red Mountain? I'm just trying to consider that once the Nerevarine arrives/House Dagoth killed from a story stance the whole of Vvardenfell has a big reason to leave the "Tribunal" worship, as there is no longer a deific Tribunal of beings in charge, and their lies about Nerevar's murder are exposed and somewhat accepted, again fueling a Dunmer reason to go back to Azura worship not "false Tribunal gods" worship.

I'm guessing religion is maxxed out, otherwise there would be an Azura worship apart form the general Daedric worship? (Right now, as scripts go, the Ashlanders have every reason to let Mehrunes Dagon live as long as possible, as his presence adds Daedra worship to every region on the globe every round he's alive! From an RP perspective, those Ashlanders would've opposed Mehrunes every much as every other mortal.)

At the very least, any opportunity to go to a Daedric/Azura worship with the Nerevarine in charge would be awesome and very lore relevant.

2. Will some diplomacy be locked in? In my Redoran campaign, once Ghostgate fell to Dagoth the Temple declared peace on House Dagoth, then allied them about 10 turns later. Perhaps House Dagoth can be in a permanent war with all factions? Or at the very least, the Temple? Also, the Undead could use a permanent war script against all factions too.

3. Any further plans for the Ashlanders to have access to some Daedric units? I'm coding these in myself and may release a submod for others, but would be cool to see the team moving in that direction if so. Their roster is small, but they ought to have some support from Azura (Granted none of those "dremora" units would ever be found in Azura's realm, but they are a nice symbol of daedric support if chosen).

4. Any plans to make more general AOR units available to all factions? I feel like all factions should have access to the Skaal, all factions have access to the Blackwood Fighters, etc. just that they are regionally dependent for all factions as usual.

5. Make the Oblivion Crisis harder? Right now its a shock and a slap in the face when it happens, but it gets cleaned up pretty quick by the AI on VH campaign difficulty. Perhaps a few more death stacks around the globe? Or, once all the initial "scripted screwed" cities are successfully taken over, 2-3 more stacks per city spawn, representing the active Oblivion gate still flooding people in? What I've seen so far is the Daedra do a decent job defending their initially taken locations, but dont expand very well (except in maybe a place or two on the map) and get caught in a defensive war holding their cities instead of pillaging/exterminating the world. More stacks would make their offensive threat more permeable. I'm interested on other people's perceptions on this.

6. Give the orcs a shaman/wizard unit? Priests of Malacath? It's the only strength missing from their roster, and I think there are lore justifications here for a malacath priest unit, if someone is up for making it

7. What is the main help needed for this advance team? I know this is probably a team or two away from the initial modders, but if certain stuff is in need of help I can potentially throw some help in, especially if I'm already modding my own game to my own liking.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Gaming Emeritus

Glad you iked it!

1. I have indeed been planning to include a religion conversion, especially for the dunmers. However, it requires lot of scripting/coding to make it viable, so will not be easy, but will happen. These Neravarine events will likely be included, and in any case, the conversion (mandatory) would be in place for all 4th era scenarios. The religions are indeed maxed out, so I cant add another one, and all factions have the same in all scenarios (unless the conversion si scripted), which is I have been wanting to add the conversion, to make the mod more flexible for all those different scenarios. I could put orcs under Daedric worshippers too, so I would get another spot that I would be able to use for The Eight (which would be availible by conversion in some scenarios...). Could be also used for The Redguards for example.

2. Yea, will look into that

3. Well, rafmc already gave them some unit additions, but this would certainly help to make them more interesting, as a special unit.

4. Yea, some could be, such as these two indeed.

5. Well, some people complained its too hard. In numbers, its way more hardcore than it used to be, but since I fixed the original script, where they all would just go into one place and steam roll from here, it might feel its not.... Now they are divided into several groups, which makes it easier to get rid of them I suppose, thought depends what faction are you playing (as the invading factions are not the same everywhere. Some more polishing will likely be done. You can also try Oblivion Crisis scenario I guess, its probably way harder there.

6. Yep. As a general solution we have been planning to add Mages Guild (as an actual guild), that would allow all factions to get a mage unit (thought, wouldnt be easy to get, samely as Fighters Guild). We also used to have a khajiit mage unit in previous versions, but we didnt have time to readd it for the most recent version

7. We are indeed seperate from the main mod team, who are still active - Nazgul and DaedraWarrior (they are active on moddb). A help would be useful, especially if you have experience with unit textures, etc. Will send you a PM.

Anyway, I now finally have more time, so will do some modding too. Some new more polished will likely come out by the end of summer
    Last edited by Jadli; June 27, 2018 at 09:54 AM.

The TES:TW team just released their 1.5 version. Any plans on having an unofficial patch in this version?

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by NTkot View Post
    The TES:TW team just released their 1.5 version. Any plans on having an unofficial patch in this version?
    Well, seems most of the new features could be easily implemented (new units, models, etc). 1.41/1.42 can be also installed on 1.5, although it replaces pretty much everything new. But that means I can likely change our current files to not replace the new 1.5 files relatively easily. To that I will of course include some new UP stuff, but not quite sure what is ready yet. In a few weeks I should have a clearer idea so will let you all know

Will this work with 1.6 or do you have plans to update?

Christonikos's Avatar Centenarius

Hi, I am playing as the Empire, and I have met my victory conditions except for killing the Hordes of Oblivion. I have killed all their armies though, and I can't find any more of them in the map, using toggle_fow cheat. So can they be destroyed as a faction? If not, is there a cheat to do so? Or they still have armies on the mao I cannot find?

So Does this work with 1.6? and if not would people recommend this submod or the newer 1.6 main mod?

Same question, does this submod work in version 1.6?

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by tyrgalon View Post
    So Does this work with 1.6? and if not would people recommend this submod or the newer 1.6 main mod?
    It doesnt. I believe it could be worth to play both.

In other news, as 2.0 was released, and mainly that I got a new active member on the team, we will hopefully be able to bring you a new version in future.

If there is someone willing to help, let me please know.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Christonikos View Post
    Hi, I am playing as the Empire, and I have met my victory conditions except for killing the Hordes of Oblivion. I have killed all their armies though, and I can't find any more of them in the map, using toggle_fow cheat. So can they be destroyed as a faction? If not, is there a cheat to do so? Or they still have armies on the mao I cannot find?
    If the hordes are set to 'no familytree' in descr_sm_factions (don't have it installed right now) then you cannot defeat them. Annihilate, totally wiping out, yes, but not defeating (as in getting that satisfying message). It's like the pope in the grand campaign.

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    If the hordes are set to 'no familytree' in descr_sm_factions (don't have it installed right now) then you cannot defeat them. Annihilate, totally wiping out, yes, but not defeating (as in getting that satisfying message). It's like the pope in the grand campaign.
    Yes, I believe thats the case. We should have removed the daedra from victory conditions

Blog Entries

Giving them a teutonic tree will do the job as well, although I am not sure how that works with hording when it comes to defeating. I reckon the daedra get spawned by script and are not restricted to regular hording?
    In which case the total absence between spawns should\could count as defeated, but I can't confirm.

Hello all, I have been away nearly a year due to a dead hard drive and life priorities. Those problems are rectified. I would like to continue contributing here and there, if possible.

Jadli, do you still have the megaupload link I sent for the "beta" update we worked on together last year? If not I will find it and load it up here for people to trial, it had the working Shornhelm faction.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    Hello all, I have been away nearly a year due to a dead hard drive and life priorities. Those problems are rectified. I would like to continue contributing here and there, if possible.

Jadli, do you still have the megaupload link I sent for the "beta" update we worked on together last year? If not I will find it and load it up here for people to trial, it had the working Shornhelm faction.
    Welcome back, would be great if you had some time to work on this again (message me if you do). We now have Ailo too, so we could do a lot together... Though, Im now going to have to analyze the new version of the main mod and see what is the best course.

Yes, I believe you mean this download http://www.mediafire.com/file/grrljr...o/data.7z/file

Ill have to refresh my memory a lot to remember what is all included, but from you where saying in the messages it should have second skyrim faction as well. Plus some small changes on the map and scripts and probably lot of other stuff

If anyone wants to try, extracting this into your TES folder should do it (though, you have to have the latest version of our patch. Not the 2.0.
    Last edited by Jadli; December 03, 2019 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Its currently not possible to use custom campaigns in hotseat without slightly changing the files (switching the campaigns), as there no longer is such option in menu, though I plan to readd it.
    how would one go about switching the campaigns ? just replace all files from imperial_campaign with the ones from the custom campaign ?

Blog Entries

If you don't mind a bit of UI mess in the menu options then you can try the data\menu\mtw2.lnt file from my Bare Geomod setup - it supports hotseat for custom campaigns.

Better make a backup of your file before trying it....

Gaming Emeritus

That, or you can do what I described in my TES hotseating guide, Admin section https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-HOTSEAT-GUIDE

If you want it for 2.0.1, probably ignore the stuff about campaign_script
    Last edited by Jadli; December 05, 2019 at 04:25 AM.