Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls Discussion Thread

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Total War

Thanks Jadli! I'll have to take a look at those ASAP!

@InfernoZola ... those "heavy swordsman" are actually more like a Greek Phalanx from rome total war ... you have to unclick their phalanx button to make them run .... I always end up doing that because they are still pretty decent at killing Cav even without formation.

They should probably be renamed to 'Spear Wall', 'Phalanx', or 'Argonian Pikemen' ... and their actual spearmen don't have any cav bonus for some reason right now

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Also, If you want to use content of any of these mods, make sure you have permission of their creators

InfernoZola's Avatar Foederatus

Thanks.

I narrowed the UI glitch to having something to do with AI assisting you in battles. Does that help?

By the way Jadli ... I downloaded GIMP to edit the files, but it looks like its just a visual editor for the UI, maps, and other things like that.

Where is the real meat and potatoes, the stat changes, abilities etc?

Yes I'll ask permission before releasing anything, but I need something to release first (or at least to play for my own personal enjoyment)

Also it looks like Carnage's patch was in 2008, but the latest ModDB patch is in 2015 ... does this mean applying the old patch will be more or less working backwards? I'll still look into it tho, luckily I can hold one version of the mod in each campaign style

It looks like its done in export_desc_units.txt ... but its not quite as straightforward as XML ... is there a guide somewhere?

Yea, I've confirmed its the txt file, which for me is weird, I'm used to having XML and Python ... also, for everyone that has modded this game, can I have permission to use your assets/work/etc? I'll give you credit and I won't use it for making money

I'd just like to thank everyone who has contributed for this mod thus far, its been quite the little obsession for me lately, I've quite enjoyed it! I've already rebalanced the Argonians (on paper) and am now working on Cyrodilic Empire. They were a useful foil to work off of each other. Hopefully there will be some to enjoy the work I have done as much as I have enjoyed the work of those before me!

Hey, since the 'Kingdom of Morrowind' doesn't work I decided to make the complete morrowind unit roster available for the tribunal faction (adding ownership and buildings), now every time I field one of these added units in a battle the textures for this unit are missing. Anyone an idea what I did wrong?

Mesh fixes.zipHi, I have fixed some errors on a few unit models. I have noticed that no submod has done this so I will post them here.

Added swords to "Townguard crossbowmen"

Added a shield to "Anequina lancers"

Fixed the floating swords for "Ohmes rath archers"

Fixed a comment on the "Ordinator crossbowmen", causing them to use their crossbows i melee.

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by K'Sharra the Conqueror View Post
    Mesh fixes.zipHi, I have fixed some errors on a few unit models. I have noticed that no submod has done this so I will post them here.

Added swords to "Townguard crossbowmen"

Added a shield to "Anequina lancers"

Fixed the floating swords for "Ohmes rath archers"

Fixed a comment on the "Ordinator crossbowmen", causing them to use their crossbows i melee.

Quote Originally Posted by akraptor View Post
    Hey, since the 'Kingdom of Morrowind' doesn't work I decided to make the complete morrowind unit roster available for the tribunal faction (adding ownership and buildings), now every time I field one of these added units in a battle the textures for this unit are missing. Anyone an idea what I did wrong?

Because hlaalu, redoran, telvanni and dres doesnt belong to tribunal faction.

Its all solved by Kingdom of Morrowind faction that has all morrowind units in its roster. Very easy solution is to add Kingdom of Morrowind faction into the game, than what are you suggesting. However, Im not sure if there is units tree for the faction in vanilla. I added all morrowind units to Kingdom of Morrowind recruitment list in my patch, so if you add the faction you should do it with my patch i guess. Not sure if Carnage has done it too

Nevermind, found it

Hello everyone. I'm pretty new to actually playing this mod, this is also the only total war mod I've ever played. I absolutely love the idea of TES Total War and can't thank the modders enough for their hard work. There is one concern I personally have about it. I will give fair warning that this could just be that I'm bad at the game, but I feel like the deadra and the hordes of Oblivion are a bit too over powered to the point where I can't really see myself investing time into long campaign playthroughs. I'm wondering if it would be possible to disable the Oblivion Crisis, perhaps a patch that adds a less lore driven "free style" campaign. I feel like I'm being a pain saying this, I really hate to give any criticism to the mod. I just feel like my campaigns now revolve entirely around the Oblivion Crisis and that I can't really focus on anything else. If this was addressed at another point in the forums; I apologize.

Gaming Emeritus

Check put page 20

frodo010595's Avatar Foederatus

Woow, this mod looks awesome, Elder Scrolls is a solid choice for a Total War mod/game, nice work.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by InfernoZola View Post
    I shall. The faction I'm playing is the Argonians.

One thing I noticed was the Heavy Swordsmen being counted as Light Infantry, they also can't run. Just pointing some odd stuff out.
    Automatic Daylight Savings update on your computer makes TATW CTD half of the year, it looks as if this mod suffers from the same problem. Just unclick your Automatic update and learn to live with your computer watch being an hour behind in summer.

Now, how is this coming along? I found it by searching for an Elder Scrolls/Tamriel mod and it looked promising, but reading these last few pages it seems others have taken over? Reminds me of TATW where KK made a fine product then disappeared, so others have taken over by excellent submods such as MOS.

Gaming Emeritus

The Developers are workin on 1.4. However, they prefer moddb, so they dont show up here much

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    The Developers are workin on 1.4. However, they prefer moddb, so they dont show up here much

Soitisalive.Thankyou.Imighteventryit.

How difficult is it? I prefer TATW + MOS 1,7 is it that level or closer to Vanilla?

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Marvelous!