Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls Discussion Thread

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls Discussion Thread

I would like to point out that the Black Marsh faction cannot recruit spies or assassins, even after building a Dark Brotherhood Hideout. In fact, the only agent I've ever been able to make playing them has been the diplomat. Considering the lore it would only make sense that the Argonians should have good spying/assassinating capabilities rather than Shadowscales strictly being a unit in battles. Could someone possibly provide a fix that allows them to train agents from the DB Hideouts?

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Are you using the unofficial patch (check the other threads on this forum) or only vanilla? In the patch all these things should be working properly (assassins and spies availible from guilds). Vanilla has man problems like this, so I recommend you just use the update?

Hi. I have a question. Around turn 25-30 Tamriel Empire and Lizardsmen Empire just disappear. They transform in to rebels in same turn, even they have lot of cities and generals. Is this bug, or there is some secrete mechanic that stays hidden from me? I play the Skyrim rebellion scenario with Skyrim faction - unofficial patch 1.3. Thanks.

Gaming Emeritus

Can you send me the save (before it happened)? So i can check it out.

I don't have it anymore :-( Afterwards I though it might happened because all the family members died and the rest of generals weren't part of the family. Am I right?

Jadli, later on when you should ask Gig to make me local moderator of the page too, so I can have a better handling of the threads...

Moreover, I'll soon open a thread with the lists of new units to have (prior to the 1.4)... mhm, up to now there are several gaps to cover for a couple of factions (like the orcs, the Houses, the Forebears, etc.)

For who reads and plays ESO, guys HD screens of the units in-game are perfect to create the textures for the new units (front-retro pics taken from close distance are the most welcomed). I disliked ESO, hence I do not play it! xD
    Both MII and TES are games, so the passage of these textures from one source to another matches perfectly... (I did the same in Gothic, which is a game as well). So, whenever you can, some pics uploaded on the thread will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Narrows View Post
    I don't have it anymore :-( Afterwards I though it might happened because all the family members died and the rest of generals weren't part of the family. Am I right?
    This is probably the reason. It might be worthwhile to have a lowly family with "illness" in the capital (like Vivec in 3 Banners scenarios) to at least prevent this from happening until their Capital is captured. (and represent the core of the family that isn't galavanting about)

Gaming Emeritus

Adding more FMs to factions and decreasing turns per year will most likely solve it (my job)
    Last edited by Jadli; July 26, 2017 at 03:35 PM.

How could I go about disabling the Oblivion Crisis? I enjoy it mostly, but sometimes I just want to pain the map without worrying about near-invincible doomstacks spawning throughout my empire.

Gaming Emeritus

You can disable it before starting a campaign. However, I assum you have already started a campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    You can disable it before starting a campaign. However, I assum you have already started a campaign?
    I've not currently got a campaign ongoing. I'm aware that editing scripts and whatnot when you have a campaign started is a bad idea.

How do I go about disabling it?

Gaming Emeritus

Well, you have to go to data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script. Delete there everything related to the crisis (oblivion faction is named hre in codes). With some luck it will not crash .

Or you can simply download my unofficial patch and play one of the custom campaigns, as there is no oblivion crisis in them (but not The Three Banners War, Planemeld is probably even worse than the Crisis )

Thanks for the help.

I've also been having a problem with fire arrows and justiciar missiles crashing the game. It only happens in some battles, but it's quite annoying that I'm unable to properly use my generals a lot of the time (playing as the Aldmeri). If you- or anyone else- could help with that too, I'd be immensely grateful.

Gaming Emeritus

Well, I hear about this issue for the first time. Its probably happenin only in the vanilla...

InfernoZola's Avatar Foederatus

Hello, I am asking this question for a friend of mine who is getting Total War solely to play this mod, however, as I run the disk version I don't know how to install mods for the Steam version of the game. I have heard there are differences so could someone explain them to me?

Gaming Emeritus

Difference is just in where do you install it, princip should be the same. It goes to Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War/mods

Alright, thanks.

And another note, when the Oblivion Crisis happened, the Tamriel Empire just completely collapsed, and I'm talking the same turn I got the notification. As well as this, my merchants (which were making 7k+ gold a turn) were made completely worthless, only making about 900 p/turn. Oh, and Corruption/Other started costing me an asston, going up from 1k to 7k in expenditures. No idea what happened but I'm haemorrhaging money at a rather fast rate because of it.

Well, mechanics linked to the economics, trade, corruption, Human/AI balance, etc. Etc. are being revisited tough for the new release..

In any case, seems connected to c_s values...

Might have had something to do with my capital. Changed it from Gideon to Hissmir and it cut the corruption by about 5k. Merchant Trade went up to 2k as well. Gideon had quite a bit of squalor so that might have been it.

Edit: Oh that explains it, everywhere's bloody overpopulated.
    Last edited by InfernoZola; August 16, 2017 at 09:41 AM.

good, then... replacing the capital from time to time is another way to regenerate those values with different outcomues. In any case, the larger you are, the more you are affected by corruption, disorder, squalor and negative values in general, but positive entries are larger too...

mechanics are being (and will be) revisited, don't worry