Thread: Game Crashes/Welsh Archers Problem

Clint Eastwood's Avatar Civis

Default Game Crashes/Welsh Archers Problem

I installed this about a day ago, and I started an England campaign. Everything worked very well, the game was going smoothly, up until about turn 16 or 17. When I ended the turn, and it reached the Kingdom of Scotland faction, the game crashed. I tried it again, and the same thing happened, over, and over, and over. So I tried re-loading an earlier save, and it did work. I think I got to around turn 20, but then it started crashing again. I'm playing the custom campaign, if that makes a difference (though I don't really see why it would). I'd really appreciate some help trying to solve this issue.

Unfortunately, that's not all. Something I've found is that when I go into battle with the Welsh, the Saethwyr units always rout instantly. Literally, the second battle starts, they all rout; and for some reason, they don't have the right skin, they just look like the rebel longbowmen unit. I understand this is a very early version and there are bound to be bugs, but I would really like to have this fixed soon. Just after playing 20 turns or so, I'd say this is better than Rule Britannia, so I'd quite like to continue with it.

Default Re: Game Crashes/Welsh Archers Problem

I'm not sure if this has something to do with it, but I found that the game crashes on the turn that Edward gets invited to crusade. I accepted the offer, maybe this has to do with it?

Also, I just installed the new ui file and campaign.script, and started a Clan Scott campaign. Just like England, it worked well for a while, but it crashed on turn 20 (1268 winter), when it reached Wales.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

The game has been reworked, several crash issues have addressed.

I know this is a late reply, but thanks for this, Gigantus. I remember thinking this was a great mod but was disappointed I couldn't get it to work. Looking forward to trying it again.

Well, I tried it earlier this morning, and found that I had the exact same problems as before. About turn 14 the game started to crash regularly, and by turn 20 I gave up on it. The Saethwyr are textured like rebel longbowmen and rout as soon as battle starts. I installed the correct version, followed the installer as it said, had the correct directory, and used the launcher to start it up. Maybe it's a problem with my install of Medieval 2, but I can't imagine it is, since I never have problems like this with any other mods.

Blog Entries

Can you provide a crash log, set to trace and compressed?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Can you provide a crash log, set to trace and compressed?
    Sorry, I kind of need this in layman's terms. Is there a tutorial or anything that can show me how to do this properly? I'm assuming the file you need is the system.log in the main Med. 2 directory, but I'm not sure what you mean by trace and compress.

Actually, nevermind, I might have just figured out setting it to trace on my own. Not quite sure how to upload a compressed file on here, though.

Here. I think I've got it done right. Just let me know if there's anything else you need or if I need to do this a different way.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

'trace' is the log setting in the mod's CFG file, usually it's set to the simpler 'error'.
    If the zip file isn't too large you attach it via 'advanced editing' or simply upload it somewhere and link to it - mediafire is my poison of choice here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    'trace' is the log setting in the mod's CFG file, usually it's set to the simpler 'error'.
    If the zip file isn't too large you attach it via 'advanced editing' or simply upload it somewhere and link to it - mediafire is my poison of choice here.
    Yeah, like I said, I think I got it right just by using tutorials I found on other threads, some of which were your own. Did I do it correctly in that most recent reply?

Gigantus, don't mean to be pushy, but could you confirm that you did in fact get the crash log? Just trying to make sure everything's in order and I don't need to upload it again.

I have a similar problem. Downloaded the mod a few hours ago, launched a campaign and played for one hour or two, then exited the game with no crash at all. After a while I came back to my campaign, loaded my save and it craches at the beginning og end turn. I tried to reload the campaign several times, still crashing.

system.log.zip

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Apologies to everyone for all the crashes with this mod. I designed an overly complex unit recruitment system and mercenary system, and didn't spend enough time testing it. With the next version, I won't use the old files and inherit past coding mistakes, but I'll redesign using the Gold Edition. I also own the Steam version, so I'll make sure it is compatible.

Laetus

I'm still getting the same problems. Crashes when it comes to wales' turn. have installed the updated 2.0 remodded game, and several patches, no change. HALP!

Madainn mhath!

I'm loving this mod so far. I'm doing my first playthrough as Clan McLoed, but the game crashes on the Winter of 1280 when Norway's turn arrives.

Tioraidh!