Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Τhat's my mate...
    You know how we do!

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

FIRST POST UPDATED.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Ok guys I have a new possible FIX for stuttering issues and general performance.
    Some times the Rome's 2 settings file becomes invalid and bugged, DirectX files as well.

So try this easy FIX:

Go to: C/users/USERNAME/appdata/roaming/thecreativeassembly/rome2/scripts

If you cant find that, click on the windows button and in the search bar type in RUN, click on that and then enter %appdata%.

When you finally get to the scripts file, delete it (these are the games settings)

After the scripts files are deleted go into your steam game library, right click on the game and go to properties, local files, then verify game files.

Once that is completed find the game files, which would be wherever you have steam located, and follow this: Steam/Steamapps/Common/TotalwarRomeII/redist/directx

In the directx folder, find the DXSETUP application and install directx through that.

Τry a battle with the settings you had before or the ones we recommend usually in the thread and let me know. You should have no stuttering or less than before and better FPS.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 09, 2017 at 05:05 AM.

Thanks for keeping this up bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    Thanks for keeping this up bro!
    My pleasure buddy.

Sonny WiFiHr's Avatar Campidoctor

Aztec latest 2016 called Romell Graphic . Fog, light fog, Rain will kill FPS tested (from 25% up to 50% 60Hz benchmark)
    No issue with 2014 version so far.
    GEM FXAA (blurry one) will increase FPS but default graphic card override will improve a lot for better edge smoothing (reshade 3 is same fps gain/ losing)
    For HDR problem (GEM) reduce HDR in settings -10% should be fine but I use reshade 3
    For brown vision (GEM) disable tehnicolor.fx or use reshade 3 new version tehnicolor but it needs tuning.
    Gaussian blurr - heavy taxing.
    Lumasharpen is tested now.
    Last edited by Sonny WiFiHr; April 11, 2017 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny WiFiHr View Post
    Aztec latest 2016 called Romell Graphic . Fog, light fog, Rain will kill FPS tested (from 25% up to 50% 60Hz benchmark)
    No issue with 2014 version so far.
    GEM FXAA (blurry one) will increase FPS but default graphic card override will improve a lot for better edge smoothing (reshade 3 is same fps gain/ losing)
    For HDR problem (GEM) reduce HDR in settings -10% should be fine but I use reshade 3
    For brown vision (GEM) disable tehnicolor.fx or use reshade 3 new version tehnicolor but it needs tuning.
    Gaussian blurr - heavy taxing.
    Lumasharpen is tested now.
    Thanks for your testing and info buddy.

Cheers

Performance wise I will avoid most of the gem settings.
    Easy ones like saturation, curve, can pass.
    Reshade 3 is "better" for lessening HDR ( set main HDR effect to 1200 (power) and 2nd pass to less than default 0.870 (third row)

Edit

I will try aztec 2015
    with aztec 2014 there is no HDR/performance loss. It is so stable that i must recommend it again. There is some "glowing" on men but it is not noticable. Sunny day env.
    Last edited by Sonny WiFiHr; April 12, 2017 at 01:01 PM.

Performance wise I will avoid most of the gem settings.
    Easy ones like saturation, curve, can pass.
    Reshade 3 is "better" for lessening HDR ( set main HDR effect to 1200 (power) and 2nd pass to less than default 0.870 (third row)
    If you like, you could upload your Rome's 2 Reshade settings for people who wanna test them.

Cheers.

I use combos of this
    Celtic mod campaign map
    Aztec 2014 september update

Im running 42 plug-ins on reshade 3 for nothing just disabled them all and i have FPS stable on 4k . Anything with blending will cost FPS then you MUST enable ambient lighting fx for smoothing (FPS lost).

Only thing i can think of now is lowering vibrance or colourfulness down

I use combos of this
    Celtic mod campaign map
    Aztec 2014 september update

Im running 42 plug-ins on reshade 3 for nothing just disabled them all and i have FPS stable on 4k . Anything with blending will cost FPS then you MUST enable ambient lighting fx for smoothing (FPS lost).

Only thing i can think of now is lowering vibrance or colourfulness down
    Nice.
    What is the Celtic mod campaign map ???

P.S
    Oh you mean that one I'm using it as well.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 12, 2017 at 01:58 PM.

Yes.
    Aztec 2015 looks promising . So far only light fog no FPS lost. It is more desaturated. Nice platform for injector.
    Strange after playing with aztec 2016 (Rome2 env) and celt mod i had to go to settings (apply and re-apply anything to reset). I had FPS drops on campaign map.
    I suggest doing the same for people who somehow get sudden stuttering on campaign map.

Nice that this got stickied. I assume this will help a lot of people.

Well done and congrats Greek strategos

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplitus View Post
    Nice that this got stickied. I assume this will help a lot of people.

Well done and congrats Greek strategos
    Τhanks buddy. I'll try to keep it updated

Regarding Aztec 2016
    Fog from Attila is FPS burner. It is (I hope) volumetric fog. It works sometimes for nice picture BUT this should not be part of Rome 2.
    It wreack havoc . Stuttering from fog + siege = unplayable . Stuttering with Aztec 2014 / 2015 is rare and occasional .
    Need more time with 2015 but if people ask about stuttering - first question must be are you using RomeII_Graphic (aztec 2016).

Regarding Aztec 2016
    Fog from Attila is FPS burner. It is (I hope) volumetric fog. It works sometimes for nice picture BUT this should not be part of Rome 2.
    It wreack havoc . Stuttering from fog + siege = unplayable . Stuttering with Aztec 2014 / 2015 is rare and occasional .
    Need more time with 2015 but if people ask about stuttering - first question must be are you using RomeII_Graphic (aztec 2016).
    So better stick with 2014 version for now and maybe check the 2015 one later.
    Good to know mate
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 19, 2019 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Great!!! let's have a look

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    Great!!! let's have a look
    The 8th tip is nothing new just a basic reminder.
    The 7th though may have a very big impact to some systems.

Hi guys, following with interest the thread and was mentioned how previous versions of Aztec was impacting the performance less ,so I was hoping that maybe someone can upload the 2014,2015 version ... I was unable to find it by Google searching . Thank you.