Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    I saw the same thing about last update and questioned Tenerife's sanity, but he does know what he's talking about . If you look at the [Updated] Enhanced Particles page it says: "following the latest patch for Rome II, steam articles in movie format (such as this mod) will see their format, essential to spectate the effects, terminated. Therefore, the mod can only be played through a separate download. The download link can be found on Total War Center."

Currently I have both mods installed -- "Enhanced" and "Extended" both from alternate downloads hosted here on TWC instead of through steam. They don't show in the launcher at all so you have to remember you have them in /data in case you need to remove them -- still, they're working. Or at least one of them is. Going to remove each tonight and see which one is doing the job, or if the effect is indeed better with both.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

I saw the same thing about last update and questioned Tenerife's sanity, but he does know what he's talking about . If you look at the [Updated] Enhanced Particles page it says: "following the latest patch for Rome II, steam articles in movie format (such as this mod) will see their format, essential to spectate the effects, terminated. Therefore, the mod can only be played through a separate download. The download link can be found on Total War Center."

Currently I have both mods installed -- "Enhanced" and "Extended" both from alternate downloads hosted here on TWC instead of through steam. They don't show in the launcher at all so you have to remember you have them in /data in case you need to remove them -- still, they're working. Or at least one of them is. Going to remove each tonight and see which one is doing the job, or if the effect is indeed better with both.
    I saw the same thing and got crazy. Indeed it's a little tricky to make it work. But if Tenerife_Boy says it's working it probably will.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by bthizle1 View Post
    I have tried everything we've discussed and then some. The unit stutter is breaking the game for me at this point. I'll still have 25-30 FPS and get it. Also as mentioned I don't get it with Attila nor Warhammer, despite others saying that they have it.

Odd, as I have GEM but still quite frequently get battle maps where the shadows are very dark (units as well).
    We could try a few more tricks. For now lock your FPS as I have mentioned already and possibly reduce Unit size to Large.
    You should also use Aztec for the HDR issues. Trust me it works.

@Το all
    I have possibly found some new tricks and solutions for stuttering and low FPS so stay tuned.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 05, 2017 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    I saw the same thing and got crazy. Indeed it's a little tricky to make it work. But if Tenerife_Boy says it's working it probably will.

We could try a few more tricks. For now lock your FPS as I have mentioned already and possibly reduce Unit size to Large.
    You should also use Aztec for the HDR issues. Trust me it works.

@Το all
    I have possibly found some new tricks and solutions for stuttering and low FPS so stay tuned.
    I'm playing on medium unit settings (it's that bad).....

I will look into Aztec, link?

EDIT:

Is Aztec as taxing on the system as GEM?

Quote Originally Posted by bthizle1 View Post
    I'm playing on medium unit settings (it's that bad).....

I will look into Aztec, link?

EDIT:

Is Aztec as taxing on the system as GEM?
    I can understand your frustration mate.

Νοpe it's not at all.

Aztec Graphics 2.1

New lighting and environments mod

You could use either.

thanks a lot for your help! sadly the stuttering in my case is still the same after i tried everything you suggested. 2vs2 battles on large or ultra are not realy enjoyable... i got around 18 fps when the blobs are in combat and in siege battles even if they march trough bottlenecks and the stuttering begins. as mods i only use DEI 1.2.

my speccs are:

-intel core i7 4790k @4.00 GHz
    -16gb ddr3 ram
    -geforce gtx 980 with 4096 mb GDDR5

all other games like warhammer for example run absolutely great on high settings.

would really appreciate further ideas how to get rid of the game breaking stuttering.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Hmm I have same CPU and RAM but worse graphic card (970) and I yet did not had a stuttering in DeI on ultra unit size. And I use maxed out graphics along with more performance heavy GEM settings.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

so strange...have you done anything special in your graphic card settings? global settings of AA or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantoga View Post
    thanks a lot for your help! sadly the stuttering in my case is still the same after i tried everything you suggested. 2vs2 battles on large or ultra are not realy enjoyable... i got around 18 fps when the blobs are in combat and in siege battles even if they march trough bottlenecks and the stuttering begins. as mods i only use DEI 1.2.

my speccs are:

-intel core i7 4790k @4.00 GHz
    -16gb ddr3 ram
    -geforce gtx 980 with 4096 mb GDDR5

all other games like warhammer for example run absolutely great on high settings.

would really appreciate further ideas how to get rid of the game breaking stuttering.
    Hey mate.
    2vs2 are VERY DEMANDING for any setup and I mean really crazily demanding.
    Try 1vs1 let me know about your FPS and we'll take it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Hmm I have same CPU and RAM but worse graphic card (970) and I yet did not had a stuttering in DeI on ultra unit size. And I use maxed out graphics along with more performance heavy GEM settings.
    He is talking about 2vs2 battles though. So the animations for CPU to handle are crazy. Above 10K units the engine goes crazy.

did some tests 1vs1 on ultra unit size. had 16 to max 20 fps in siege battles when the 2 armies where fighting in bottlenecks (soft stuttering began). on the fieldbattle it was quite ok with between 25 and 35 fps without any stuttering.

so there is almost no chance to fight battles when more than 2 armies are involved? reinforcing a besieged settlement of an ally for example would be some of the most fun battles in my opinion. but not if the system cant handle it.

did some tests 1vs1 on ultra unit size. had 16 to max 20 fps in siege battles when the 2 armies where fighting in bottlenecks (soft stuttering began). on the fieldbattle it was quite ok with between 25 and 35 fps without any stuttering.

so there is almost no chance to fight battles when more than 2 armies are involved? reinforcing a besieged settlement of an ally for example would be some of the most fun battles in my opinion. but not if the system cant handle it.
    Sieges are not advisable for measuring FPS cause they will always cause stuttering.
    Try 1vs1 all Ultra no A.A (force it through control panel 4X) water low, sky low,no distortion effect no SSAO,vegetation alpha always off and report back.

did your suggested settings. i had between 30 and 37 fps infight. no stuttering atleast. better than it was before

anyways, its a shame sieges dont work properly because of the game. all other tw games were fine to do 2vs2 on sieges. -.-

thank you for your help and the work for the community sir!

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

What do you (anyone who knows) recommend for forcing AA via the nvidia panel? Never done this before but I've been hearing since day 1 that it's better than the crappy in-game AA -- which i now have set to "off."

This is what I have set now, but have little clue what I should be doing. Better to enable MFAA? If so do I change other settings like turning off FXAA?

Related note, what about GEM. I know there's an FXAA x16 setting or something like that, already enabled in there. Conflicting?

did your suggested settings. i had between 30 and 37 fps infight. no stuttering atleast. better than it was before

anyways, its a shame sieges dont work properly because of the game. all other tw games were fine to do 2vs2 on sieges. -.-

thank you for your help and the work for the community sir!
    My pleasure.
    You should check the first post from time to time cause I'll be adding more tips and tricks.

What do you (anyone who knows) recommend for forcing AA via the nvidia panel? Never done this before but I've been hearing since day 1 that it's better than the crappy in-game AA -- which i now have set to "off."

This is what I have set now, but have little clue what I should be doing. Better to enable MFAA? If so do I change other settings like turning off FXAA?

Related note, what about GEM. I know there's an FXAA x16 setting or something like that, already enabled in there. Conflicting?
    FXAA is a very light somehow blurry AA version. I would recommend leave it as it is in GEM settings and disable it in your control panel.
    Now about AA just use 4X Antialiasing only, not Supersample which is very heavy.
    MFAA is very light also new method of AA introduced with (Maxwell) NVIDIA cards and people use it mostly when they play at 2K-4K resolutions. For 1080p the standard 4xAA will be more than ok for you.
    Or if you're struggling for a few more FPS disable all other AA methods and just use MFAA.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 06, 2017 at 02:56 PM.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Thanks man, I'll adjust accordingly. Not struggling for fps, but of course in some huge battles it gets a little nasty. Looking for best balance of beauty + performance

The FXAA did somehow look a little blurry, especially on masses of sarissas. Good to know.

I just reach 60FPS while fighting....o.O this Razer Cortex is so sweet.

Thanks man, I'll adjust accordingly. Not struggling for fps, but of course in some huge battles it gets a little nasty. Looking for best balance of beauty + performance

The FXAA did somehow look a little blurry, especially on masses of sarissas. Good to know.
    Let me know if you need anything else.

I just reach 60FPS while fighting....o.O this Razer Cortex is so sweet.
    I'm glad buddy. How much you usually had before Cortex ???

about 15-20 less.

about 15-20 less.
    That's great...Have you reduced any other setting ???

Reduce? I play on ULTRA settings+GEM+AZTEC+many more xD I never reduce anything

Reduce? I play on ULTRA settings+GEM+AZTEC+many more xD I never reduce anything
    Τhat's my mate...