Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1023

Thread: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Can someone once again share the priority reg file ASIER shared in post #992? The link is dead. Thanks!

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

hey guys, I am new to the forum so don't mind me asking if the solution is around here...
    In the campaign map I have a terrible lag and it is very annoying. Is there a solution to that? I have a very good pc and can play with no lag the battles at ultimate settings but the map is very laggy.
    By the way, the best mod out there by far.

Found some graphic mods around, I can see that there is a difference in the map but the lag is still there...this is strange, I do have a 1080 ti graphic card with some 32 gb of ram so I believe that hardware is not the issue.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 16, 2022 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Clean-up

edit: whoops, from thread
    Last edited by Grabbin_Megroin; May 08, 2021 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabbin_Megroin View Post
    edit: whoops, from thread
    Sorry, didn't get that..or was it not an answer to my question?

Heh sorry, I meant to say wrong thread, not from thread. It wasn't in response to you. Also however Rome 2 is horrible optimized and I bet that only the best PCs that money can buy will run this game smoothly.

Does anyone have AMD's 5000 series cpus? How good are they when it comes to a big battles in DEI?

Quote Originally Posted by Vardano View Post
    Does anyone have AMD's 5000 series cpus? How good are they when it comes to a big battles in DEI?
    This is an old game. You hardly need that kind of hardware, unless you want to mod the game to create ridiculously large armies. If so, you can just go by any CPU hierarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by CIaagent11 View Post
    This is an old game. You hardly need that kind of hardware, unless you want to mod the game to create ridiculously large armies. If so, you can just go by any CPU hierarchy.
    Somehow amd cpu's are not good with total war games. I have a laptop with ryzen 7 3750h, which is by any means good, but it performs worse than my desktop which is 6 years older...
    I guess it has to do with ryzens being good on multi core performance, and total war games until kingdoms based on single core performance.

In Rome 2, I have a fast save load and a fast faction transition in the campaign. And in dei everything is very slow. Please tell me how to fix it.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Mods will always be slower but to get best load times, use manual install of DeI instead of Steam.

Steam stores mods in different folder to it makes long times 2-3 times longer than if you had manually installed the mod.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

What's the current word on legion variety mods; is there one that works with the current DeI and has unit stats that match the balancing of 1.2.8? (I'm running the startpos and a bunch of betas.)
    In my research, I found a few that were outdated anda few custom uploads with uncertain status.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by CIaagent11 View Post
    What's the current word on legion variety mods; is there one that works with the current DeI and has unit stats that match the balancing of 1.2.8? (I'm running the startpos and a bunch of betas.)
    In my research, I found a few that were outdated anda few custom uploads with uncertain status.
    I guess most of them will need an update.

@All
    I'm back to the Forums and I'm planning to update most of the Tech-Performance-Preset threads.
    Updated the first post's links.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 16, 2022 at 12:21 PM.

hello i hear a rumor that when u turn of 1 core in cpu affinity,like uncheck cpu 0,u will got better when stuttering happen ? is that true ? my game smooth as 50fps but if there too many enemy troops stuck in choke point when i use fortify stance for defend,my game lag like a 5-10fps,and i see that smoke is most fps killer,any way to turn off smoke but not affect graphic ?

Hello,

I don't have any issues with the vanilla game, or any other game, TW or other on high/Ultra graphics, but for some reason DEI is causing my campaign to not just crash to desktop, but full on restarting my computer. It'll just black screen as if it's overheating and reboot.

1070, 32GB ram, and an EVGA 750B PSU.

Has anyone ever encountered something like this?

Patrician

it happened to me too may years ago with an old pc.
    I don't think there is much you can do, the graphic card force the cpu to shut down, probably

For the auto-priority reg file, what am I supposed to do with this file? It's just a text file with a reg directory.
    [/U]

Patrician

you just run it, will inject an harmless OS registry code

Not DEI specific, but paying with DEI

Maybe someone can help me with this: I just bought a larger Monitor with WQHD, so now playing on 2560x1440 which is also my native resolution.
    Now since the resolution is higher than on my old HD Monitor, I need to scale up the UI on 160%. This causes slightly blurry texts like in the units description or the UI in general.

When going back to 100% is fine, but way to small for a nice experience.

Any suggestions or solutions? Thanks in advance!
    ​VICTORIOSO SEMPER

Patrician

hertz refresh maybe?