Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2540414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1023

Thread: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Game does not read above 4GB ram so it wont doo much. CPU is the most important for TW games. Probably w card with better clock would help too.
    Appreciated the help KAM, thanks a lot., also what do you mean "Game does not read above 4GB ram"? does it include RAM from GPUs or VRAM?

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

I have a new PC with

Grafikkarte
    RX 5500 XT 8 GB

Prozessor

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X,

16GB, DDR4-3600,

MSI B550-A Pro (7C56-002R)

And the Game (Rome 2 and Attila tell me i have 3 GB graphic ???? )

What did i have to do to fix this ?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

it's explained at 1st post point 2
    -4000 is the max you can put there

Hello there, I am currently preparing for a campaign and am looking to install some additional graphics mods. I am looking for graphics mods that have a minimal impact on performance. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Patrician

if you want to lower graphical impact then use this, it is removing some "useless" features (clouds, reducing trade models and something else)
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/4c8aaw..._new.pack/file

pxfofo's Avatar Foederatus

Today i try dei mode first time from steam workshop and i have big fps drops and laggy movement of units on battle map. I try tips from the first page but nothing change :/ I have low FPS even on minimal graphics settings.
    After that i try run only the base dei mod with no submods and voialaaa everithings run smooth on ultra settings . Its interesting because i use only submods like softcore, No PO penalty for garrison, higher unkeep and units cost, fewer armies etc. All submods are campaign related and still they lower FPS on battle map :/
    Maybe the new laucher its crap.
    P.S. Sorry for my english

Patrician

weird... the fact that the launcher is a crap is well known... the fact that you had performance drops with campaign changes only... this I really dunno why

hi, what are the most balanced, checked by the ratio of picture-load. How to play better shaders, anti-aliasing, what to disable for example ssao, sun rays, there is a guide?

Hi Yum,Screenshots not working
    Last edited by GyJIeBeP; November 26, 2020 at 11:24 PM.

hi, the priority registry file is not available

Patrician

I've lost it when the hd crashed, does someone has it somewhere?

Foederatus

thanks, i'll store it too

Patrician

thx ASIER

a.ieraci's Avatar Foederatus

Hi I've a problem to start Rome 2

there any mod subscripted but when i lunch the game I see a list of mods visible here https://imgur.com/gallery/jrWX4Hh

I've checked game cache,verify file integrity, reistall rome 2 and steam too , deleted all folder, set louncher to"open_beta" but any solution work

[update] solved deleting all folder under {disk}/{user}/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly (enable hidden files visibility)
    Last edited by a.ieraci; February 07, 2021 at 04:16 PM.

Hey All
    Im once again back playing DEI (Thank you so much for a wonderfull mod, i never fell in love with Rome 2 until i started playing DEI, despite loving Rome 1).

I have a minor issue, i have pretty lengthy load times (for starting the game, loading a save and loading into and out of battles), and more significantly very long end turn times, from basicly turn one (maybe turn 2 or 3) and forward. After reading the initial post and the first few pages, and googling some ive applied recomended graphic settings, (like very high shadows to unload the CPU). I already had the Vram fix to get ROme2 to recognize up to 4gig Vram, and ive applied a certain modification to the exe.

However my decently long load times and very long end turns remain so I figured id ask here and see if the forum is still alive enough for a response in the coming days or weeks.

My system:
    Amd Ryzen 7 3800X
    16 gig of Ram
    Geforce rtx 2070super (8gig)
    1 Samsung SSD (860QVO) 1terrabyte, (which is also the C drive atm).

However i also play on my old computer as I have to drive betw 2 homes recurringly.
    That one runs
    Intel i7 -4790k
    GTX 1080
    16 gig RAM
    An older samsung SSD.

Now the load times into and out of battles are maybe 10% faster on the newer computer, and it has higher FPS, but the end turns see no differences.

Mods I use:
    DEI 1-3 (through steam).
    Dei sub mods:
    Less minimum Ranks
    Softcore
    all diplo options
    Uniforms (a fix mod for some sort of uniform bug, a dei submod as well)

Only none-DEI mod:
    "No campaign clouds *updated*" - which ive tried disabling, and starting a new campaign without effect. Ive also tried disabling all the DEI submods without any noticeable effects. Any suggestions?

Or have i just gotten spoiled rotten and used to not having time to go make tea when i press end turn? xD

Patrician

mmhhh... don't really think you can do much
    try to keep your faction characters/family as low as possible

I, Claudius's Avatar Foederatus

Greetings all. Looking for some help after not getting any from CA or Nvidia...Purchased a new PC a couple of years ago (mainly to play this game in all its glory) but now I can longer play Rom2 at all. My research says that the issue is that the game now has issues with SLI support and I run 2 1080Ti's. The game is unplayable as there is a constant stuttering and pixilation of land textures. I've tried to disable the SLI but the problem remains?!?

I hope somewhere here can help me, I have a saved game that I've put a time into and I'd love to finish it!

Thank you in advance!

Is changing a units states such as its mass. is it save game compatible?

Patrician

@Claudius: really have no idea, I have a gtx 1650 with last nvidia driver and never had any issue
    update drivers maybe?

@armen: you mean you want to play with a submod pack that's changing unit masses?
    yes that part is save game compatible