Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast

Thread: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Centenarius

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

In the old days of PC gaming stuttering was usually sound related believe it or not. It can still affect modern gaming. Make sure you have up to date sound drivers and that you don't have too many sound devices active such as HDMI, optical, USB, analog, etc. Pick one output that works best with your set-up and disable the rest.

Me for example, I never install the HDMI drivers when installing Nvidia's driver package. I always unclick them as I never use HDMI sound. I drive external, powered desk top speakers using an AudioEngine DAC. I use USB sound out to drive my external DAC because my current motherboard doesn't have optical out. If it had optical out I would use that instead and have in the past. Optical out is always the best with an external speaker setup. I don't game with a headset. Every sound set up is different.

elementall's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Quote Originally Posted by elementall View Post
    Hello! I thought it was the only one and it was a problem of mine since I changed my hard drive. But I have the same stuttering problem, when before the game was very fluid. It's a shame I can't find a solution and I've tried many variations of graphics but with no luck.
    I'll try the list cleaner. and with hiding flags (I had not tried that).
    Dresden do you know anything about this?
    Thank you all.
    Info Update:
    No flags+list cleaner+this mod (http://www.mediafire.com/file/4c8aaw..._new.pack/file)

Still having lag/stutteting problems (like Attila). Now, my 2 favourite total war games are complicated to play.

Regards!

elementall's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    In the old days of PC gaming stuttering was usually sound related believe it or not. It can still affect modern gaming. Make sure you have up to date sound drivers and that you don't have too many sound devices active such as HDMI, optical, USB, analog, etc. Pick one output that works best with your set-up and disable the rest.

Me for example, I never install the HDMI drivers when installing Nvidia's driver package. I always unclick them as I never use HDMI sound. I drive external, powered desk top speakers using an AudioEngine DAC. I use USB sound out to drive my external DAC because my current motherboard doesn't have optical out. If it had optical out I would use that instead and have in the past. Optical out is always the best with an external speaker setup. I don't game with a headset. Every sound set up is different.
    New update:
    I'm not 100% sure, but, I uninstalled the sound driver, and let windows update it automatically, and the problem seems to have disappeared, my fps returned to normal, even with GEMFX it doesn't seem to give me problems.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

ah, thx for posting it. Will surely come use useful to some

Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by elementall View Post
    New update:
    I'm not 100% sure, but, I uninstalled the sound driver, and let windows update it automatically, and the problem seems to have disappeared, my fps returned to normal, even with GEMFX it doesn't seem to give me problems.
    Glad to hear. I had a feeling it would help you. Stuttering has a long history with sound set-ups in my experience. Keep a clean sound configuration and you'll be good as far as stuttering goes.

Dear Greek Strategos,

I've been playing with Rome II since 2016. Now I want to buy a new computer. You are a DeI modification technical expert. I'll buy the following configuration in 1 month:

i9-9900KF
    16GB DDR4 3000Mhz RAM
    500GB SSD
    GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB

My question: I would like to play battles of 20,000 people in ultra or extreme settings. Will it work with this configuration? I would like to play DeI modification with full randomization. I always use the tips in your first post.

Patrician

GS is currently MIA.
    I've heard from him a week ago and he said he'll probably come back, sooner or later.

Is the first page of this thread still the best most up to date info on squeezing best performance?

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Yep, those tips in the first post are still very much valid.

I dont know if someone noticed before, but turning off unit flag in battle significantly improves performance on my computer. Did anyone notice that?

Quote Originally Posted by marmil86 View Post
    I dont know if someone noticed before, but turning off unit flag in battle significantly improves performance on my computer. Did anyone notice that?
    I think so.

I have a i5 9600KF, 16 GB of Ram at 3200 Mhz and GTX 970. Could Greek Strategos post his in game settings?

Patrician

Greek Strategos is still MIA.

I have a Ryzen 7 2700X, 8cores, 16GB, GTX 1650 and everything runs fine with squeezed orbis and very high settings (check post #954)

What I recommend:

1) Auto High Priority REG for ROME 2. (check #1 post) - it surely won't harm anything

2)How to make the game recognize your full memory. (check #1 post) - it's useful

3) use ISLC
    https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/...v1000-released
    and set it his way, or something similar (talking about 666 and 13500 values)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

the program is 100% safe, the only thing it will do is a cycling removal of useless windows things

4) keep your pc clean, nowadays there are tons of poop coming from everywhere, cleaning the pc will make things easier overall
    I would recommend (free versions are fine) - I use them form years and once a week, never had a single issue (every program has specific and different performances):
    - CCleaner
    - Wise Disk Cleaner
    - Eusing Free Registry
    - adwcleaner

5) eventually lower army size, use Large/Normal
    eventually turn off those units flags

6) eventually use this graphical mod compilation, it will lower a lot of basic things and game is still 100% playable
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/4c8aaw..._new.pack/file
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; July 04, 2020 at 06:43 AM.

The game runs fine for me but I think he got settings optimized for this mod. I get like 25 fps for 12k soldiers.
    Ok High preset and do you use MSAA and anisotropic filtering? I asked for an screenshot of settings due to engine limitation, my pc is new and fresh but thanks because your GTX 1650 is close to my GTX 970.
    Yeah I took the mod you upload.

Patrician

Sorry, I got confused about high/very high, didn't remember there were ultra and even extreme...
    anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Sorry, I got confused about high/very high, didn't remember there were ultra and even extreme...
    anyway
    Thanks! I'll try it. I don't have problems about DEI just wanted optimal settings. Amazing because we have similar computers.

Thank You!

Beautiful Mod! Not just visually.

As my first post here I will share on my system and how it runs DEI.

Intel 10700KF 3.8GHz
    GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
    16 GB RAM
    Installed on HDD

Some settings:

Ultra: Texture Quality, Particle Effects. Terrain, Building Details, Unit Details.

High: Sky, Trees, Grass

Low: Shadows, Water

It Benchmarks the Forrest at over 230 FPS average. With some slight stuttering.
    So I locked the FPS at the monitor's Refresh Rate of 60Hz/60FPS and the graphics are smooth as butter.

My biggest battle has been a 20 v 20.
    I will up the unit sizes later, as I become more knowledgeable of the game play.

Back to War, After I make some coffee!

Semisalis

the auto high priority reg link in the first post is not working anymore. Could someone reupload it please?

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Goffredo85 View Post
    the auto high priority reg link in the first post is not working anymore. Could someone reupload it please?
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiB7N3fIMyIrlmdX...J_gl6?e=aaUTdq

Anybody has any ideas what could be done to make end of turn go faster? The factions turns' go through quickly (takes about a minute) but then after the last faction it last 15-20 minutes until the next year and event messages etc. show up.

I'm playing Sparta, at year circa 150 (4 turns per year), closing on imperium level 4 (owning 20+ regions). I have about 20 armies. I assume the game is going through scripts and the problem might be the huge number of family members (over 200), if the script checks all of them.

I just processed the very first starting year save again, and it progressed through in a minute. All factions were obviously alive back then, when now there are about 15 factions left.

My computer specs are Win 8.1, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, SSD 1000 Gb, so that should be decent I'd think. Battles run smoothly.

This campaign is no longer fun because of the waiting times, so I'm thinking about abandoning it and starting a new one. But I'd like to avoid the same fate with a new campaign, so should I try to keep the family member numbers down. I never had these kind of problems in previous versions.
    Last edited by gary9691; August 08, 2020 at 01:46 PM.

Semisalis

Thank you very much!

By the way when i play large battles, with more than two armies involved, i am plagued by some serious stuttering. Not a drop in fps but stuttering in unit animations. Tried everything i've read on this thread but nothing helped. I've read somewhere else that it is tied to a weak CPU.
    my configuration is as follows:
    CPU:Amd ryzen 7 1800x (mildly overclocked to 3.850)
    Ram: 2x8 GB ddr4 2000mhz
    Mainboard: asus prime b350M-K
    GPU: palit geforce gtx 1080 8gb ddr5x
    Ssd: samsung evo 860 256 gb