Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Default Re: Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

24GB....it's like....why?

I believe this is what we really need. These tips look promising yet most of them are for very high-end regarding my rig. So I will just wait for the full list from Strategos. Good luck on that event of yours! Cheers ^^

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by geala View Post
    A very nice thread, thank you for it!

Although momentarily I would be more interested in your Fallout 4 optimizations because my R2:TW runs (as usual) without problems, at least for my humble needs. I have only an i7-6700, 3,4 Ghz, with GTX 960 8 GB and 24 GB RAM, and play 1920x1080 with GEM, huge units, but only 20 units per stack.
    I used to play Fallout4 with almost 60-mods, ENBs for the extra graphics and many manual fixes. But I took a break from FO4 for sometime now. If you are interested I could send you a pm and let you know about my Fallout's setup.

I would be interested in GEM settings. I use it out of the box, didn't even know that there is a configurator included. And it is still the version I installed for DeI 1.1. First I will look into this AA thingy, wether I could change it to FXAA (?).
    In your Data installation folder where you have installed Rome 2 there is a blue icon program which is GEM's Configurator. Run it and you could choose FXAA from the first panel.

A very nice thread, thank you for it! When advising, you should take into account the helpless goofiness of some people (like me) concerning PC related stuff. Quite often when I read question-answer-threads the profs give fantastic advice but cut some basics. For example "Just download, extract it and put the files into folder x. What's your problem?". Not mentioned is the fact that you need to put only under-folders 1,2,3 of the download into x and not the superfluously contained first folder y or the single files, not a problem at all if you knew it but a problem for starters (taken from DAZ3d content download questions as example). Also a favourite is "change this in setting y, window x" without explaining where you first get to the settings window.
    Don't worry I have done many guides and such during the years.
    I will make sure to have a comprehensive guide covering all the areas with detailed info for your convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by SSven View Post
    I believe this is what we really need. These tips look promising yet most of them are for very high-end regarding my rig. So I will just wait for the full list from Strategos. Good luck on that event of yours! Cheers ^^
    Thank you mate.

@To all.

My purpose is not to offer some empty info or a strict guide and forcing you to follow it. I strongly believe that I should give you a boost to search things on your own as well and by learning some tricks and gaining experience be able to enjoy your game and help other people who may need your advice for a matter you have already solved.
    I will try to have the first parts ready by the weekend. I'll have limited time for the next 2 days but I think I'll have something for you very soon.

Cheers.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 29, 2017 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post

My purpose is not to offer some empty info or a strict guide and forcing you to follow it. I strongly believe that I should give you a boost to search things on your own as well and by learning some tricks and gaining experience be able to enjoy your game and help other people who may need your advice for a matter you have already solved.
    I will try to have the first parts ready by the weekend. I'll have limited time for the next 2 days but I think I'll have something for you very soon.

Cheers.
    Some general tips would help low-end and high-end alike i believe ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    Because reasons you know... I have a friend who just bought 32GB

Quote Originally Posted by SSven View Post
    Some general tips would help low-end and high-end alike i believe ^^
    Sure that's the plan, but till then, you could read through my posts in this thread and find some useful tips.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 30, 2017 at 12:52 AM.

Senator

I don't exactly know what you mean. Do you think 24 GB is bad because you need three 8 GB-blocks to achieve and having a straight number of moduls is better? Maybe, but I came from 8 GB, upped to 16 GB which was not enough, and then to 24 GB. Which did the job, so I did not feel it necessary to go to 32 GB then.

Or do you think 24 GB is unnessessary high RAM? You may not use 3D-render programs then?

BTW I'm not quite sure wether my RAM was changed to 32 GB when I bought a new motherboard some months ago. I have to look this evening.

I stick with this:
    Or do you think 24 GB is unnessessary high RAM? You may not use 3D-render programs then?
    Cause there's no game nowadays that requires such amount of GBs, but now I know why you need so much RAM
    Cheers!

I don't exactly know what you mean. Do you think 24 GB is bad because you need three 8 GB-blocks to achieve and having a straight number of moduls is better? Maybe, but I came from 8 GB, upped to 16 GB which was not enough, and then to 24 GB. Which did the job, so I did not feel it necessary to go to 32 GB then.

BTW I'm not quite sure wether my RAM was changed to 32 GB when I bought a new motherboard some months ago. I have to look this evening.
    3D-render programs need lots of RAM for sure but most people use 32GB in fact yes.
    24GB it's not a common number. It's advisable to have a straight number indeed. It's also better to have 2 or 4 blocks with the same serial number part. They communicate better that way and in theory you'll have less memory issues.

Cheers.

Sonny WiFiHr's Avatar Campidoctor

Or 64G but 16G is enough.

Senator

That depends. 16 GB in my case were not enough. The 3D program did not work at all for the pictures I intended to render. With 24 GB I never had a problem. Of course, if you put a lot more objects into the render window, 24 GB or 32 GB would suffer too.

@ To All

First post is updated with the Reg. file I told you...It's just a Priority Reg. (100% safe to use) which automates the High setting choice for your Rome 2 exe. from task manager, so in theory you will free more resources for your game and possibly have better FPS and gaming experience. For some systems (mostly mid-range builts) it will be helpful, so just give it a try.

You just unrar it and Run it ΟNLY ONE TIME cause that's why it's created for. Too make your life easier.

Rome 2 Priority Reg.

P.S
    More updates during the weekend. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 02, 2017 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    @ To All

First post is updated with the Reg. file I told you...It's just a Priority Reg. (100% safe to use) which automates the High setting choice for your Rome 2 exe. from task manager, so in theory you will free more resources for your game and possibly have better FPS and gaming experience. For some systems (mostly mid-range builts) it will be helpful, so just give it a try.

You just unrar it and Run it.

Rome 2 Priority Reg.

P.S
    More updates during the weekend. Stay tuned.
    Greek Strategos, thanks for this new resource! I'd like to try it, but I have some questions first: do I always have to launch this file before starting Rome2 or is it just launch-and-forget? And if it stays active, what happens if I play other games (e.g. Attila)? Would they be influenced by the priority this reg. file gives to Rome2? I've been using SmartClose since you recommended it and it seems to work very well Should I keep on using it together with the Reg. file or it's not necessary?

I just run it! I think it's just for doing it once. Not everytime you want to run Rome 2 ?
    Thanks buddy !

Edited: Please tell us again how to increase to 4000MB (max allowed by the game engine) video memory. I can't get it in the script preferences.txt...was it 3000 4000 or I even remember the line to edit but please post it again
    Last edited by Tenerife_Boy; April 01, 2017 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Centurion View Post
    Greek Strategos, thanks for this new resource! I'd like to try it, but I have some questions first: do I always have to launch this file before starting Rome2 or is it just launch-and-forget? And if it stays active, what happens if I play other games (e.g. Attila)? Would they be influenced by the priority this reg. file gives to Rome2? I've been using SmartClose since you recommended it and it seems to work very well Should I keep on using it together with the Reg. file or it's not necessary?
    My pleasure...Nope you need to only run it once.
    That's why I created of you.to make things easier. You could use them both. Actually they are best combined. No other game will be influenced by it.

I just run it! I think it's just for doing it once. Not everytime you want to run Rome 2 ?
    Thanks buddy !

Edited: Please tell us again how to increase to 4000MB (max allowed by the game engine) video memory. I can't get it in the script preferences.txt...was it 3000 4000 or I even remember the line to edit but please post it again
    One time only...
    Sure here you are:

1)Go to (C:\Users\User name(your profile)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2\scripts\preferences.scripts . Open it with Notepad.
    2)Now scroll down to like the 10th line of the text & look for "gfx_video_memory 0;
    3)Now change it to gfx_video_memory -2000;

Launch the game and you memory should be displayed correctly in game. Also you will notice better performance and FPS.

or you could use this:

If you have 4gb of video memory, you need to write -4000 or 4294967295

The maximum number Total War's Engine could read is 4 giga.
    Theoretically if you have the unlimited memory checked, you'll have no problem even with only the 4 giga recognized. But the engine is not perfect so better do it manually as well.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 19, 2019 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Done !

Done !
    Nice...I like my beer ice cold...

Maybe a brief guide to GEM settings, and what will be more taxing on performance?

Edit:
    Just installed the standalone version of GEM and for some reason Rome II with DeI won't start anymore. (The only reason I want to use it is in hope that it gets rid of those terrible shadows/dark units)
    Last edited by bthizle1; April 02, 2017 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bthizle1 View Post
    Maybe a brief guide to GEM settings, and what will be more taxing on performance?

Edit:
    Just installed the standalone version of GEM and for some reason Rome II with DeI won't start anymore. (The only reason I want to use it is in hope that it gets rid of those terrible shadows/dark units)
    If you're using the standalone version of GEM make sure to UNCHECK By-Pass UI, 64bit Application and Compatibility Version as well.

I'm planning to compile a guide for GEM but probably in a different thread.

Cheers

Sonny WiFiHr's Avatar Campidoctor

Aztec update semptember pack (2014) do not have HDR bug. So people should try it before installing GEM. Works with gem.
    This is the only reason that I do not use GEM . I disabled Rome 2 AA and forced 4x AA from graphic card. Better boost than GEM. Your card is capable to do "edge smoothing" on its own and it is updated every month.
    This works even if you use GEM. GEM is heavy it uses 12% and more resources . Every mod with description "you will lose 6 FPS" is heavy duty mod.

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

I stickied this thread, thanks for working on it Please keep updating the first post with more ideas and details as they come up for general tips/etc.

Some basic tips could also be useful eventually - I only remember a few off the top of my head:
    1 - For some reason, turning some settings up actually improves performance (like shadows or textures to high). This might not be applicable to everyone, though.
    2 - Make sure unlimited video memory is activated.
    3 - ....I cant think of any more right now

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----