Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2274243444546474849505152
Results 1,021 to 1,023 of 1023

Thread: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

My refresh rate is adjusted on 165 Hz according to my Settings, do you think this may affects text?
    ​VICTORIOSO SEMPER

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Hello guys after a long time I decided to return to DEI. I have an installation being carried from an old computer, vanilla RTW2 plays fine. But when I start DEI it crashes to desktop the moment I start a grand campaign. I tried 'hiding' all mods in data folder so STEAM redownloads them (I am subscribed to DEI mod via WORKSHOP) but it does not. Here is a screen of my data folder:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-07-13 200425.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	369202

What am I doing wrong? is there another way to force WORKSHOP to redownload the mod? Thank you in advance.

UPDATE: I unsubscribed and re-subscribed to all three DEI mods in steam. Then I did a verification of the files (via steam), having already deleted the "Rome 2" folder from Appdata\Roaming.

At the verification stage the Steam client found about 20 files missing, downloaded approx. 16GB and then completed the file verification successfully.
    The Rome 2 folder in appdata was re-created (as should) and then the game started fine. Also started a campaign, played a battle, no problems so far.

(Crossing fingers all is good).
    Last edited by john909; July 13, 2023 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by john909 View Post

(Crossing fingers all is good).
    I think the best way to refresh a TW Steam game.

1 Save files you think might want or make a backup of everything. Things like graphic settings done in game, and via an editor, control keys, ...

2 Screen shots of your active mods and sequencing.

3 Unsubscribe and uninstall.

4 Install.

5 Subscribe only to the mods you will be using. (Steam will download.)

6 Activate and sequence via the TW mod manager. NOTE: You must launch the game (click on play) to have these preferences recorded.

7 Some mods even though from the workshop may simply be place holders. Meaning they cannot be installed without a file download and placing it in your data directory.

8 Some mods make changes to your data directory and may leave artifacts and residue (a good reason to go through this whole process when switching from one major total conversion to another).

---

I think this is as clean as you can get with Steam and TW. Hopefully, you have no more than 20-30 mods to make your game complete. Did worry about "not current" if the comments by people say it works. Also, look to see how many subs a mod has. 50,000 and you are probably going to be fine if you follow the directions. 500, I personally would stay away from it.

---

When it comes to what to subscribe to, usage, documentation, and submods ... I feel that the DEI Team has done a superb job in keeping the whole process clean and simple.

---

I hope that helps.
    Last edited by MeiguoJinjang; November 14, 2023 at 02:29 AM.