Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscure_Polygon View Post
    CA mentions in the update notes about apparently notifying Nvidia of the issues with SLI and that they're waiting for driver updates. Does anyone figure this is legitimate hope to get SLI actually working? Or do they just tend to sort of throw that around seeing as SLI has never worked correctly for years.
    I'm leaning towards the latter.

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

anybody have working gem version for windows 10 april update?
    suggest me some blood effects mod.i used GBJ but latest patch makes it not working.

GEM worked fine for me with Windows 10 up to the ancestral update--that completely borked it.

I use GBJ and I don't think I'm having any issues with that, but I'm using Harsh Reality or whatever the more "realistic" version is?

Nevermind it's The Revolution.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; August 28, 2018 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Sorry for double post, can't edit.
    thx mate will look into it

Quote Originally Posted by sanjayraj85 View Post
    anybody have working gem version for windows 10 april update?
    suggest me some blood effects mod.i used GBJ but latest patch makes it not working.
    GEM worked fine for me with Windows 10 up to the ancestral update--that completely borked it.

I use GBJ and I don't think I'm having any issues with that, but I'm using Harsh Reality or whatever the more "realistic" version is?

Lat time I checked GEM was working fine for me. Standalone version though (non steam one).
    Just disable any kind of GEM's Anti Aliasing method A.A-FXAA and use the ingame one. Or better disable the ingame one and use GEM's. Υou could also try the bypass UI options.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; August 28, 2018 at 01:20 PM.

New patch says it introduced a "Hide Foliage" hotkey set by default to "CTRL+F" but it's no working for me...and there is no such key in my game options hotkeys list.
    How do I change/set a new one?!

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Lat time I checked GEM was working fine for me. Standalone version though (non steam one).
    Just disable any kind of GEM's Anti Aliasing method A.A-FXAA and use the ingame one. Or better disable the ingame one and use GEM's. Υou could also try the bypass UI options.
    I actually did try standalone once, but with the 1.0.8 version at the suggestion of a Steam comment :\ It didn't work unfortunately. I could give the current version a shot, but every time installing GEM has been kind of a death sentence, as trying to remove it when it doesn't work just breaks my entire application and I've had to reinstall everything multiple times.

For some reason I've never been able to set it to bypass UI either--thought that was a general Windows 10 issue?

thx for the reply mate.can you please post the link to the non steam version of steam here.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by sanjayraj85 View Post
    thx for the reply mate.can you please post the link to the non steam version of steam here.
    Check this one here.

good afternoon ... Sorry for my low quality English, is that I am Spanish speaking ... I had the same problem and did not find solutions until I tried changing the language of Rome 2 to English (before I used it in Spanish). It seems that DEI in its latest version comes into conflict with the Rome 2 if it is not installed in English ... After trying this solution I could load the Mod DEI latest version without any problem. I hope to be helpful...

Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 02, 2018 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Quote Originally Posted by seleukos99 View Post
    Check this one here.
    Does it work? Which settings must be activated? Thanks

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Does DEI work with other graphical mods?

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoFDePilato View Post
    good afternoon ... Sorry for my low quality English, is that I am Spanish speaking ... I had the same problem and did not find solutions until I tried changing the language of Rome 2 to English (before I used it in Spanish). It seems that DEI in its latest version comes into conflict with the Rome 2 if it is not installed in English ... After trying this solution I could load the Mod DEI latest version without any problem. I hope to be helpful...
    Thanks for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by IamOdysseus View Post
    The installation comes with the standard-base settings already adjusted. It's working fine AFAIK, if not report back and I could guide you through it.

Quote Originally Posted by San Felipe View Post
    Does DEI work with other graphical mods?
    Theoretically it should work with everything as it's not a modified graphic mod, but a preset-custom enchantment project.
    GEM will not add any graphic textures, it just adds graphic effects. You should not use any other Anti Aliasing methods with GEM though.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 02, 2018 at 01:04 PM.

Although there've been recently reports of people experiencing problems with GEM after the latest patch, it's been working just fine for me.

The settings you choose depend largely on your preferences, plus hardware limitations must be considered. You may either try to tweak them to your own liking, or use one of the presets.
    Last edited by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~; September 03, 2018 at 02:13 AM.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Thanks for your input.

The installation comes with the standard-base settings already adjusted. It's working fine AFAIK, if not report back and I could guide you through it.

Theoretically it should work with everything as it's not a modified graphic mod, but a preset-custom enchantment project.
    GEM will not add any graphic textures, it just adds graphic effects. You should not use any other Anti Aliasing methods with GEM though.
    It works with Attila graphics.
    GEM is outdated - I had a look.
    I would like to improve the bland look of battles though

Quote Originally Posted by San Felipe View Post
    It works with Attila graphics.
    GEM is outdated - I had a look.
    I would like to improve the bland look of battles though
    Ηow it's outdated? I don't understand. The standalone version needs no updates.
    You could also use SweetFX for graphic enchantments. I'll start working my own project of Rome 2 SweetFx as soon as I'm back from vacations and you'll have 3 different presets to choose.

What information do you need to help me?

PD: GEM with the latest update works in my desktop. It worked in my laptop until the last update.
    What do you think about this mod? Performance maker for massive battles
    Last edited by IamOdysseus; September 04, 2018 at 05:22 AM.

If it indeed helps with the larger battles it will be a game changer for me. On my rig a battle with 30 units and a battle with 50 units are like two totally different games.

What information do you need to help me?

PD: GEM with the latest update works in my desktop. It worked in my laptop until the last update.
    Copy paste the GEM files from your desktop's Rome 2 folder to your laptop's one. All of them. Don't reinstall GEM to your laptop, just paste the installation files and run GEM configuration exe. Print screen it ad post me the image of the settings that are used.

Quote Originally Posted by seleukos99 View Post
    If it indeed helps with the larger battles it will be a game changer for me. On my rig a battle with 30 units and a battle with 50 units are like two totally different games.
    Well you shouldn't expect miracles. I'll check the mod in question though and let you know.

Well you shouldn't expect miracles. I'll check the mod in question though and let you know.
    No, that would obviously be a way too optimistic to really see much changed improvement in these large-scale battles.

I downloaded the aforementioned mod yesterday, but only managed to test it in one battle that didn't actually involve that many units (around 35-37). In this kind of battle the performance is usually still relatively decent, though maybe I noticed some slight improvement, maybe. Or maybe it was just the libido effect...

I need to play a bit more to actually say anything more about it.
    Last edited by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~; September 05, 2018 at 05:33 AM.