Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Hello and welcome to the Forums. I remember your message from facebook. Could you please share your hardware specifications plus any other mods you're using ?
    Hi! Thanks, and sorry if I miss something, because I'm new to the forum.

Continuing, my Hardware is: intel core i5 4440, Geforce 750 ti video card, 8 Ram ...
    I use some DEI submods, and some others ...
    But when the problem started I deleted all of the gallery and installed only the DEI and the DEI Alternative Looks and even then the texture bug continued ...
    Is it possible for other mods settings to be saved to some ROME II folder even deleting from the gallery?

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Quote Originally Posted by chinux23 View Post
    Hello, Thanks for the great mod. I've enjoyed it every minute since I got my hands on Rome 2 lately.

However, I do want to play this game with 60 FPS especially in Battles. My Rig is here:
    CPU: 4770K, OC to 4.4GHz
    GPU: GTX 980
    Mem: 16 GB
    Driver: Latest Nvidia Driver

Unit Size: Huge

The problem I experienced is this, FPS stays around 60 FPS in deployment , however, once the battle begins, specially when units clashses with each other, FPS drops to around 30.
    I love to have large battles, but when there are 4 full stack of Units involved in battle, FPS drops.

I tried all the configuration you mentioned in this post, i did gain siginificant improvement, but the only problem is the FPS drops during clashes.
    Is there any way to get to a consistent 60 FPS in battle during clashes?

Would upgrading CPU or GPU make a difference in this case?
    Hi, thanks for the kind words

Well, it's easy to achieve 60fps, but maintaining the during the battles is not possible due to engine limitations. If you already have significant improvement then you should be happy. Your system is quite capable, so it's not a matter of Hardware but software. The most drastic measure you could try (since you already have tried my other solutions) is to decrease unit size. In my experience, upgrading your GPU or CPU won't help you much with Rome 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Doniamaru View Post
    Hi! Thanks, and sorry if I miss something, because I'm new to the forum.

Continuing, my Hardware is: intel core i5 4440, Geforce 750 ti video card, 8 Ram ...
    I use some DEI submods, and some others ...
    But when the problem started I deleted all of the gallery and installed only the DEI and the DEI Alternative Looks and even then the texture bug continued ...
    Is it possible for other mods settings to be saved to some ROME II folder even deleting from the gallery?
    No worries, I'm here to help you either way

Is the Unlimited Memory setting from your ingame panel ticked ?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; December 21, 2018 at 08:51 AM.

No worries, I'm here to help you either way

Is the Unlimited Memory setting from your ingame panel ticked ?
    Hi,
    I checked here and Unlimited Memory was not activated, should I activate it?

Hi,
    I checked here and Unlimited Memory was not activated, should I activate it?
    To be honest, your memory is quite low and that could be problematic, but give it a go and let me know.

To be honest, your memory is quite low and that could be problematic, but give it a go and let me know.
    It seems that it worked when I activated it, thank you very much for the help and also thanks for the patience!
    Is it okay if there are some other problems in the future I report here again?

Foederatus

It seems that it worked when I activated it, thank you very much for the help and also thanks for the patience!
    I basically had the identical system to yours and somewhen went into troubles with huge battles. In my case a graphics card with more memory helped a lot (4GB instead of 2GB VRAM, exchanged the 750ti for a 1050ti). However, even now the graphicscard seems to be a bottleneck

Of course. Anytime

Quote Originally Posted by hbghimself View Post
    I basically had the identical system to yours and somewhen went into troubles with huge battles. In my case a graphics card with more memory helped a lot (4GB instead of 2GB VRAM, exchanged the 750ti for a 1050ti). However, even now the graphicscard seems to be a bottleneck
    That happens because Rome 2 is a CPU heavy title and it depends more on CPU than GPU. Sadly we can't do much, if anything about it as it's an engine flaw.

Foederatus

@GS: so when I update my system the next time, I would have a higher benefit from a more modern CPU than a stronger graphics card? I guess single clock performance is also more beneficial than higher number of cores, right?

Quote Originally Posted by hbghimself View Post
    @GS: so when I update my system the next time, I would have a higher benefit from a more modern CPU than a stronger graphics card? I guess single clock performance is also more beneficial than higher number of cores, right?
    For Rome 2 arguably and also generally speaking, when we have gaming in mind, single core performance (INTEL) plays the most important role as most games can't utilize more than 4 cores efficiently.

Laetus

Good day,

Long time stalker who recently purchased Rome 2 and just started using DEI. Firstly, this is an excellent mod so congrats to the team. The ongoing support you provide on further demonstrates the value of the mod to the (growing!) community.

I had two questions I was hoping I could get some support with:

1. Change from Steam to Standalone downloads
    When I initially downloaded DEI with Rome 2, it was through Steam. From what I can gather from everyone, running DEI from the stand-alone files downloaded here is superior to running off Steam. Being relatively technologically illiterate, my question is how do I transition from running DEI from the Steam mod files to the stand alone files without corrupting the game, the mod or my save files whilst removing all unnecessary files (i.e. that downloaded through Steam)?

I am assuming I need delete the steam mod files and extract the stand alone files to a separate place? If you could please assist with a step by step on this that would most appreciated.

2. Looking through this thread I noticed people were sharing their basic computer specs which you were then able to advise how to optimise the games performance. I would very much like this valuable advice - can you please advise what computer information you require?

Thanks a lot for the support!

Any way to undo or remove the Auto High Priority REG for ROME 2? After I installed it, Rome 2 won't launch, the continue campaign button is missing (even after redoing the data folder and re-verifying; even after a clean uninstall and reinstall). My computer has gone bonkers, other apps started getting script errors or launch errors...

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Beninoz View Post
    Good day,

Long time stalker who recently purchased Rome 2 and just started using DEI. Firstly, this is an excellent mod so congrats to the team. The ongoing support you provide on further demonstrates the value of the mod to the (growing!) community.

When I initially downloaded DEI with Rome 2, it was through Steam. From what I can gather from everyone, running DEI from the stand-alone files downloaded here is superior to running off Steam. Being relatively technologically illiterate, my question is how do I transition from running DEI from the Steam mod files to the stand alone files without corrupting the game, the mod or my save files whilst removing all unnecessary files (i.e. that downloaded through Steam)?

I am assuming I need delete the steam mod files and extract the stand alone files to a separate place? If you could please assist with a step by step on this that would most appreciated.

2. Looking through this thread I noticed people were sharing their basic computer specs which you were then able to advise how to optimise the games performance. I would very much like this valuable advice - can you please advise what computer information you require?

Hey Beninoz and welcome to the forum!

Regarding your questions;

ad 1; the process is relatively straightforward;

1) First, open your steam mod manager and unsubscribe to DeI - the game will be automatically deleted from your data folder.

2) Then go to this thread and from the first post download both standalone parts of DeI. Once dowloaded extract the content to your data folder which normally should be
    ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\data

3) Then open your steam mod manager, make sure you check 'enable out-of-date mods' and check both parts of DeI that appear in the mod manager

4) Start the game and play

ad 2; what is basically needed is your basic rig spec such as processor, video card, RAM memory, etc.

Hope this is clear! Let us know if you have any more questions.

Quote Originally Posted by evanater2013 View Post
    Any way to undo or remove the Auto High Priority REG for ROME 2? After I installed it, Rome 2 won't launch, the continue campaign button is missing (even after redoing the data folder and re-verifying; even after a clean uninstall and reinstall). My computer has gone bonkers, other apps started getting script errors or launch errors...
    I'm actually not sure if the high priority reg can be the cause of this problems. I'm using it myself and I've never experienced any issues with it.

Τhere is no way the Reg file could cause such issues. It's just a priority order for ONLY ROME 2 LAUNCHER and it couldn't affect anything else.
    If you still wanna remove it just open the file with a text editor and change the "CpuPriorityClass"=dword:00000003 to "CpuPriorityClass"=dword:00000002 save it and run it as admin.

Quote Originally Posted by Beninoz View Post
    Good day,

Welcome aboard buddy! If you'll follow the instructions @seleukos kindly provided, you'll be fine.
    And yes I'll need your hardware full specs as mentioned above.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; December 26, 2018 at 07:07 AM.

Τhere is no way the Reg file could cause such issues. It's just a priority order for ONLY ROME 2 LAUNCHER and it couldn't affect anything else.
    If you still wanna remove it just open the file with a text editor and change the "CpuPriorityClass"=dword:00000003 to "CpuPriorityClass"=dword:00000002 save it and run it as admin.
    I figured out my mistake, I accidentally set my appdata folder to hidden.... sorry to bother ya'll. All is well.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; December 27, 2018 at 06:08 AM.

I figured out my mistake, I accidentally set my appdata folder to hidden.... sorry to bother ya'll. All is well.
    No worries buddy. Good to know your issue is now solved.

You're a dutiful and friendly moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by deeptrance83 View Post
    You're a dutiful and friendly moderator.
    Thank you for the kind words! It's really the biggest reward for me when people have a pleasant experience around our Forums

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

GS,

As far as the basic graphics setting options go (V-Sync, Anti-Aliasing, etc.), what are your thoughts? I'm seeing a lot of feedback stating that some of these are 'broke' or otherwise give little to no real benefit, while hurting FPS. Could you give us an overview of these options? I'd appreciate it, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    GS,

As far as the basic graphics setting options go (V-Sync, Anti-Aliasing, etc.), what are your thoughts? I'm seeing a lot of feedback stating that some of these are 'broke' or otherwise give little to no real benefit, while hurting FPS. Could you give us an overview of these options? I'd appreciate it, sir!
    Ηey buddy,
    Well, it's always better to use your GPU's Vsync or FreeSync since it's hardware related and usually works much better. Same thing with FPS limiters etc Now for the updated A.A CA gave us with their newest update, people say it's working as intended. I haven't played with it since I use 1440p resolution so it's not really needed. But I'll give it a go and let you know. Generally you can see if it's working for the FPS loss, for games like Rome 2 though FXAA is a much better choice if you play on 1080p since it lighter and FPS friendlier.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Thanks, bud. Let me know what you find