Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 183334353637383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast

Thread: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Anyone have experience with rx580 4gb? How well does it perform with DEI?
    I want unit textures ultra(or is extreme higher, cant remeber..), trilinear textures are ok for me, unit detailes maxed out, unit size huge, and other settings can be medium..
    Can someone tell should i have stable fps, more then 60 in large battles?

Edit: i forgot to mention, i would use 1080p.

Many thanks in advance to all willing to help.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Not a hardare issue then.If it's the first time you're having a CTD and only when the specific faction gets liberated, then it's probably an error with liberation script. But AFAIK all liberation issues were resolved
    @Seleukos any ideas about it ?
    No, not really. It just sounds familiar as there was, as far as I remember, a problem resulting in CTD once the city of Genua got liberated, but I thought that this had been solved.

@tndgu, you can try to post about it in the bugs thread, Dresden will certainly know more.

Wasn't that problem actually related to some incorrect assignments in one of the building chains?

@tndgu, are you using any other mods apart from DeI?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    No, not really. It just sounds familiar as there was, as far as I remember, a problem resulting in CTD once the city of Genua got liberated, but I thought that this had been solved.

@tndgu, you can try to post about it in the bugs thread, Dresden will certainly know more.

Wasn't that problem actually related to some incorrect assignments in one of the building chains?

@tndgu, are you using any other mods apart from DeI?

Will do!

A few, Dei, turn per year, english faction/unit names and female generals, which are all offical submods of Dei.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    Anyone have experience with rx580 4gb? How well does it perform with DEI?
    I want unit textures ultra(or is extreme higher, cant remeber..), trilinear textures are ok for me, unit detailes maxed out, unit size huge, and other settings can be medium..
    Can someone tell should i have stable fps, more then 60 in large battles?

Edit: i forgot to mention, i would use 1080p.

Many thanks in advance to all willing to help.

Hi, we already talked about Total War's engine many times, but one more won't hurt, I guess
    So Rome 2 isn't GPU but CPU related. For solid fps (you're not gonna have constant 60 no matter what) just go for the fastest CPU you can afford, with core to core ''raw'' power (INTEL). Warscape is a heavily CPU related engine with very bad multi-threading optimizations. So you'll rely on core power and not core number. An RX 580 will serve you very well, it's not the fastest card around ofc. No need for anything above it when playing on 1080p though. A fast SSD will help you with loading times and turns. Even with the most advanced hardware around, TW will have issues with texture coalition and particles the moment you'll start the battle (drops, stutters etc) not much we can do about it, but there are tweaks and tips you can follow (check the opening post). That's all you'll need to know

PS
    Unit detail is very costly, as huge unit size, will severely hurt your fps.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Hi, we already talked about Total War's engine many times, but one more won't hurt, I guess
    So Rome 2 isn't GPU but CPU related. For solid fps (you're not gonna have constant 60 no matter what) just go for the fastest CPU you can afford, with core to core ''raw'' power (INTEL). Warscape is a heavily CPU related engine with very bad multi-threading optimizations. So you'll rely on core power and not core number. An RX 580 will serve you very well, it's not the fastest card around ofc. No need for anything above it when playing on 1080p though. A fast SSD will help you with loading times and turns. Even with the most advanced hardware around, TW will have issues with texture coalition and particles the moment you'll start the battle (drops, stutters etc) not much we can do about it, but there are tweaks and tips you can follow (check the opening post). That's all you'll need to know

PS
    Unit detail is very costly, as huge unit size, will severely hurt your fps.
    Oh damn... I guess I failed completly at my build then, as I got ryzen 2600...

EDIT: Is this, about cpu ussage also case for newer total wars?

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Yep, since all the new titles are built on the warscape engine it's pretty much the same story for all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    Yep, since all the new titles are built on the warscape engine it's pretty much the same story for all of them.
    Dose it make difference at all that warhammer 2 is 64 bit? It has nothing to do with more cores being used?

Dose it makes a difference at all that Warhammer 2 is 64 bit? It has nothing to do with more cores being used?
    Warscape is all around problematic with core usage, but they modified it a bit and added 64bit support. That's why Warhammer is a bit more efficient and performance friendly than Rome 2-Attila etc
    Thrones of Brittania though based on Attila's Warsape version (still 32bit) is little better than Rome 2 since they have tweaked it a bit. Not much tbh.

I was wondering what the movies.pack file is for and what, if anything the game would lose by having it disabled. I updated directx and it automatically disabled it and relegated it to the bottom of my mod list when before it was near the top.
    I'm asking because I've been getting the white screen freeze when entering battles or exiting the game but now that seems to have been resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Kkourou View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm writing in here because I bought Rome 2 a few days ago, with the goal of playing Divide et Impera (seems great!!). But, huge deception, Rome 2 just won't launch. Splash screen, and then return to desktop, and then nothing. I tried every solution I could find on the net : use the last beta launcher ; delete the Rome 2/Launcher in the Appdata file ; run it (steam and Rome 2) as administrator ; even copy/paste the launcher folder of Warhammer I into the one of Rome 2 ; worked in the preferences.script (which I had to create ! I never launched the game, so it doesn't exist) ; etc. etc. etc. I also did the full support thing Sega offers on his website, even the "full lobotomy". I can't find a solution I didn't try for now, and I'm in search of a miraculous help. Would you have it, lads ? I would be highly thankful !!!

Thank you, have a nice week-end,
    As I was tired of trying this game work, I bought Shogun 2 ... And I have exactly the same issue (even if I don't have the TW launcher : it directly goes into the game.. which means into nothing, nothing appears, I stay on the desktop). It may be a Windows 10 problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus Maximus View Post
    I was wondering what the movies.pack file is for and what, if anything the game would lose by having it disabled. I updated directx and it automatically disabled it and relegated it to the bottom of my mod list when before it was near the top.
    I'm asking because I've been getting the white screen freeze when entering battles or exiting the game but now that seems to have been resolved.
    I would suggest you not to touch it, since we're not sure about it's use atm. Now about the freezes, what are your specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Kkourou View Post
    As I was tired of trying this game work, I bought Shogun 2 ... And I have exactly the same issue (even if I don't have the TW launcher : it directly goes into the game.. which means into nothing, nothing appears, I stay on the desktop). It may be a Windows 10 problem ?
    Ιt's not impossible. To be honest the solutions I told you on pm and the usual methods of troubleshooting, have worked so far for all the users who had issues with the new launcher. Have you tried running the game with Dx9 instead of Dx11?

Hi Strategos, Thanks for the reply. I have a Predator G9-793 with 32g RAM. I've tried reverting to Dx9 but the freeze still happens. I've drastically lowered the graphics settings from ultra to high but no luck. The only thing that works temporarily is verifying my game cache which allows me to go into a battle every now and then. Otherwise I have to auto resolve. I have also changed the gfx value to -4000 in preferences so that my GTX 1070 is fully utilised but still no luck. Any advice would be appreciated. I assume by not touching the movies.pack file you mean I should re-enable it?

Might be Mithridates' snakeoils affecting my system, but I played bit with HPET on/off. I think the slight army selection stutter on campaign map is bit snappier when it's off. With timerbench I did get like like 1% avg GPU / max GPU usage raise that resulted in ~0.5FPS raise ( well within margins of error ).

https://www.overclockers.at/articles...d-what-it-isnt
    https://www.anandtech.com/show/12678...yzen-results/5

and so on, lots of stuff on the webs for it.

Hi everyone. Looking for a bit of advice. My game has recently started freezing randomly, and a complete pc free, alt+tab and alt+f4 does not do a thing. I have to reset my pc to get it working again. I am unsure if it is a mod conflict or if it's potentially something wrong with my pc, I have deleted and reinstalled drivers and I have verified my game. The only new mods I have installed are Realism (although I don't think that is the issue), and dei extravanganza.

Has anyone else had this type of issue and does it sound like a mod conflict problem?

Could anyone tell me if I would profit at all if I get rx 580 8gb over rx 580 4gb?

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus Maximus View Post
    Hi Strategos, Thanks for the reply. I have a Predator G9-793 with 32g RAM. I've tried reverting to Dx9 but the freeze still happens. I've drastically lowered the graphics settings from ultra to high but no luck. The only thing that works temporarily is verifying my game cache which allows me to go into a battle every now and then. Otherwise I have to auto resolve. I have also changed the gfx value to -4000 in preferences so that my GTX 1070 is fully utilised but still no luck. Any advice would be appreciated. I assume by not touching the movies.pack file you mean I should re-enable it?
    To be honest I don't know what these movie packs are. As for your specs, I'm under the impression G9-793 has a 1060 not a 1070. Anyway, your CPU is probably holding your back since either 7700 or 6700 have a base clock close to 2.80Ghz and that's actually a problm if you're not using Turbo boost because TW games profit from GHz a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by H-Khan View Post
    Might be Mithridates' snakeoils affecting my system, but I played bit with HPET on/off. I think the slight army selection stutter on campaign map is bit snappier when it's off. With timerbench I did get like like 1% avg GPU / max GPU usage raise that resulted in ~0.5FPS raise ( well within margins of error ).

https://www.overclockers.at/articles...d-what-it-isnt
    https://www.anandtech.com/show/12678...yzen-results/5

and so on, lots of stuff on the webs for it.
    Hyperthreading is more like a hindrance than a plus for Total War games, since they're affected (mostly) from the 2 first cores and high OC rather than core-thread number.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedelbridge View Post
    Hi everyone. Looking for a bit of advice. My game has recently started freezing randomly, and a complete pc free, alt+tab and alt+f4 does not do a thing. I have to reset my pc to get it working again. I am unsure if it is a mod conflict or if it's potentially something wrong with my pc, I have deleted and reinstalled drivers and I have verified my game. The only new mods I have installed are Realism (although I don't think that is the issue), and dei extravanganza.

Has anyone else had this type of issue and does it sound like a mod conflict problem?
    Maybe remnants of previous mods in your Data folder or faulty installation. I would suggest a clen reinstall and the App Data fix from the Opening post here (step 6).

Could anyone tell me if I would profit at all if I get rx 580 8gb over rx 580 4gb?
    If you're only talking about Rome 2 and DEI then no.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 09, 2019 at 04:12 AM.

Hi. So I have this bug where sometimes my game simply freeze, the memory usage completely drops (from over 1Go to less than 200Mo) and I have to force the game to shut down. At the beginning of the campaign it was fine, then the further I went the more I had this bug, to the point that right now I can barely play at all. Most of the time the freeze happens in the beginning of a battle (including loading time) or the loading time after it ended. Any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Volodio View Post
    Hi. So I have this bug where sometimes my game simply freeze, the memory usage completely drops (from over 1Go to less than 200Mo) and I have to force the game to shut down. At the beginning of the campaign it was fine, then the further I went the more I had this bug, to the point that right now I can barely play at all. Most of the time the freeze happens in the beginning of a battle (including loading time) or the loading time after it ended. Any idea?
    Hello, I'll definitely need more info (hardware, mods-submods you're using, Forum's or STEAm's DEI version).

Default Re: Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Thinking of upgrading my computer soon. All my hardware except my GPU (GTX 770) is 9 years old now. My question is basically this: Is it actually possible to have a virtually maxed out Rome II with little or no FPS drops when there are large scale battles going on (20v30 or 20v40 for example). I know the game was poorly optimized on launch at least but I'm not sure if this has been fixed or GPUs and CPUs are strong enough now to overcome the optimization with their raw power.

Also which has a greater factor in preventing the FPS drops in aforementioned large battles: GPU or CPU? Any quick tips on which GPUs and CPUs I should go for would also be appreciated.

Thanks

Default Re: Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

I think with the Rome 2 engine there's a threshold on battle size that once you cross, will always result in fps loss, regardless of hardware. I have an i7 8700k as well as a 1080 and still get a noticeable, though perfectly tolerable decrease in performance once you get 3 or 4 full stacks involved. If you want to have a silky smooth 60fps at all times in all situations, I don't think the newer total war games are really capable of this when maxed out and using large unit scales like DEI.

CPU is more important than GPU with this game though, to answer your question.
    Last edited by Icarus Smicarus; June 22, 2019 at 04:08 AM.