Thread: Pahlav reform broken

Default Pahlav reform broken

Hi all,
    I think the Pahlav reform is broken; it is supposed to build at least level four farms in 4 cities, included both Media, but in these two regions it is not possible to upgrade the government govpav after the very first level, and the second level is required for level four farms! Also, another question: are you going to add to Pahlav roster the Cataphract archer cavalry in one of the next release?

Default Re: Pahlav reform broken

Eh? You only need a parth_acl for farms_four and a city-sized settlement. Asaak, Hekatompylos and Europos aren't cities to begin with, are they cities now in your game?

What version are you playing?
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; March 21, 2017 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Eh? You only need a parth_acl for farms_four and a city-sized settlement. Asaak, Hekatompylos and Europos aren't cities to begin with, are they cities now in your game?

What version are you playing?
    I'm using version 2.2f, but I checked the changes in the following versions (2.2g and 2.2h) and there are no mention to some correction di pahlav reform, so I assumed that they are still this bug (if it is really a bug...). The export_descr_building say that, for building parth_acl, you need one of the following resources: daha or sarmatian or saka or skythian; BUT both media region cities (Hekatompylos and Europos) do not have any of the these resources, so it is not possibile to build parth_acl (Asaak has daha, if I remember correctly, and infact there is possibile to build parth_acl...)
    Last edited by AncalagonBlack; June 05, 2017 at 03:06 PM.

That was fixed since, though not noted on the changelog; this is the requirements in 2.2h:

Code:
    parth_acl requires factions { f_parthia, } and not building_present govallied and not event_counter ecParthia_Imperial 1 and hidden_resource daha or hidden_resource sarmatian or hidden_resource saka or hidden_resource skythian or hidden_resource eastern or hidden_resource baktria

the reforms do work for 2.2f, I have got the reforms after building the farms (if you build migration and then either clan or royal lands you can build the farms.) Also I have seen that in the descriptions helenic cataphracts are described as having heavier armour than parthian ones, both have 10 for armour. Either the stats or the description should change.

Quote Originally Posted by sigurdr View Post
    the reforms do work for 2.2f, I have got the reforms after building the farms (if you build migration and then either clan or royal lands you can build the farms.) Also I have seen that in the descriptions helenic cataphracts are described as having heavier armour than parthian ones, both have 10 for armour. Either the stats or the description should change.

Quintus has said before that the stats on the "unit cards" are not accurate. Only use them for a vague idea, and then trust the unit description, in game experiences, and common sense more than any of the numbers found there. Hopefully it will be fixed at some point in future releases?