View Poll Results: Shall the candidate be awarded with Citizenship?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 89.47%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

2 10.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Citizen] Dragon. (Patron: SoulGamesInc)

Default [Citizen] Dragon. (Patron: SoulGamesInc)

Patron's ParagraphI'll keep my paragraph short out of necessity as you've enough to read below. In short Dragon spent a large amount of time as a pillar of the community, a role of great responsibility, taking on a ridiculous number of positions. I was a pillar myself prior to collapsing from the sheer weight of work. This 'pillar system' is something we as GS have since addressed as (although each pillars support was greatly appreciated) it was unsustainable. I have since made him Head/Lead of Hotseatings largest section, as the best candidate for the job. His section of the community (here) has thrived since his appointment; going from the smallest to the largest of our sections.

He's active, dedicated, willing to communicate with his fellow staffers and will doubtlessly make a fine citizen.

- SoulGamesInc. Gaming Staff Overseer, Known Tyrant, Titles, Titles...
    Dragon's ParagraphGreetings! A little bit of starting history: Back before I joined TWC I was a player and a staff member of the Hungarian Total War community. I was searching for different hotseating scenarios, found it within TWCs own hotseating community. At first I registered but remained in the shadows for a time. I became an active member of the site on 2015 January and since then I am part of the player base and later an active part of Gaming Staff. I stuck around as TWC offered me a fresh, new experience, which made me to take a like here and later on I was eager to help out as much as I could. I tend to be calm, level-headed and have a great amount of patience and usually I always try to make the best decision for both sides.

I joined the community as an active member in 2016 January, taking up a few spots as a player in the era when SoulGamesInc was slowly withdrawing from admin work and then later on FrostySOTF and Blue1924 showed up, both of them took great interest as well helping out the community in a time of need. At this point I offered up myself aswell to take over admin positions from Soul and others. Myself along with Frosty and Blue started hosting games for players, but this eventually ended poorly for us. We made a grave mistake by taking upon ourselves way too many requests. It was around this time, when parafix showed up and became an active member of our community and as time went on it became clear that both Frosty and Blue couldn't handle the pressure they took upon themselves. This was the era when the structure of the community was really unstable. With Frosty and Blue fading out it was this time, where I took over most of the work they left behind. As Parafix did with taking over so many player spots I took over many of the admin spots and I reached the point where I had well over 20 hotseats within my hand as admin.

I took on myself to carry almost the whole westeros section as long as I could. Parafix then started taking more serious approach to improve our community and eventually grew into what is he today. He first suggested the clean up operation, which was the first milestone to refresh the westeros section and bringing a new life into Gaming Staff as becoming an active staff improving on hotseating. With him and me being invited to GS, we started working on stabilizing the community and putting on a few restrictions so what happened never happens again. An Admin cap was issued, so no longer could one person hold too many admin positions, only to eventually collapse under the weight. More control was created on creating hotseats by other non-GS members of the community and Gaming Staff started to encourage other non-GS members of the community to take a more active role, such as taking over admin positions for themselves and making that the community wouldn't depend solely on Gaming Staff for admins.

Things were looking great and the hotseating community become healthy once again. Westeros under Parafix and Soul guidance was restored and brought up to a new level with new quality content. In the main section me, Jadli, Macrath and later on, when Macrath disappeared with Saleska2, who replaced him, turned our section from a graveyard into a healthy and active section. We worked on to create new contents for our players. I don't have that much modding experience but I always tried to help in balancing with my game experience. With Jadli the The Elder Scrolls mod was improved for hotseating and Saleska started on improving the Stainless Steel mod format. I was also asked by Dux to help him as co-admin in the grand finals of the Tag Team Tournament, which had a some rough problems, as we only later learned the mod, which was used for it, wasn't the best and the veteran players quickly learned how to exploit certain things. New rules had to be made and while the road was rough it slowly went on its way towards the end, but before that could happen Dux resigned from his position and left our hotseating community. It was a honor to work under him and I will always looking forward for the time, should he return. With his leaving I had to take over the Tag Tournament.

Soul was made the new Overseer of GS and he appointed me to be the Section Leader/Head of the Main section. Under my influence and with the help of my staff members of Jadli and Saleska2 the new rules were being kept and most of the hotseats were now kept under daily check. I tend to communicate with them on daily basis through steam, but I also communicate with the members of the westeros section be it steam or skype conversations. We also listen to our playerbase and while we are improving contents with new patches and scenarios we always put out a test version for the players themselves to test things out. We also made a sort of collaboration with our new Steam group with other groups and as a first step we created a sort of community list, listing all the active groups. We hope in the future using this we can bring these groups players under our wings as well to form a united form.

I also took place in two collaboration within TWC and a different community. The first of was hosted by Macrath a friendly competition game between TWCs best players in main section voted by the community and a steam group of players, which was deemed as a good competitors at that time. I was voted for this competition with the most votes from our side and we started coordinating as soon as we could. Another collaboration was later brought by me into TWC, by bringing players from the community I originally started my hotseating and staff member career the Hungarian Total War community. The Hotseat was hosted here on TWC.

As for future plans I am currently working on one modding project and I have two more to be started later on. I was content with my basic modding experience, but after a while looking at my staff members, creating these new scenarios and ideas I took upon myself to create my own projects. With the recent success of Total War: Warhammer I felt like it could be a good idea to create a hotseating scenario using one of the mods created for Medieval 2 to bring in the warhammer experience and maybe get a few more people playing hotseats. I started modifying on my own Gigantus version of Call of Warhammer mod, the Rage of the Dark Gods 1.6 mod for hotseating. As far as I know no one ever done this type of modification with warhammer mods to tweak them into multiplayer hotseating.

My activity and drive never stopped and I intend to continue my work within the hotseating community to create more contents and bring quality hotseating experience for our player base. The reasons I wish to be made Citizen is due to my past contributions to the hotseating community and Gaming Staff. My dedication and activity can only grow having honored by receiving Citizenship and in the future I may bring myself into more discussions not only concerning the hotseating community and GS, but other sections of the greater TW community.

Thank you for reading and thank you for your consideration,
    - Dragon.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Citizen] Dragon. (Patron: SoulGamesInc)

yes, from the heart; we have too little people from the gaming who is/was recognized, and Dragoon has really deserved the citizenship for all that he did in the hotseating community.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Considering the amount of work and the dedication required plus the traffic the Hotseat creates to the site, that's an easy yes for me
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

I know next to nothing about the Hotseat community, but it's nonetheless clear to me that it takes a lot of effort and dedication to take on the admin role in them. Let alone when you do that for several hotseats at the same time. I am somewhat intrigued by this text though: "and usually I always try to make the best decision for both sides"

Being (very) active as a gaming staff member accounts for something as well of course.

Support it is.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

Hotseating seems very time-consuming and although I don't really how it works, I can see how vibrant that part of TWC is. This means that being an admin there must be demanding, and being a good admin there certainly deserves Citizenship. As a bonus, I like the attitude and particularly the part where it is described that the applicant remained in the hotseating business despite its hard times back then, and helped to revive it.

Support!

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    I am somewhat intrigued by this text though: "and usually I always try to make the best decision for both sides"
    Admins are ultimately taking the role of intermediary as Hotseats can be quite competitive and have many rules to be enforced, it falls to the admin to handle any rulings or disagreements that may arise. This role of 'peacekeeper', in my view, is the difference between an Admin and a Good Admin. It's a small but important distinction. The role of Admin is also only haft of a GS's job. What's truly important is having the drive to come up with good ideas and make them happen. It's the drive and commitment to community that's caused me to put forward Dragon. I put forward Parafix for the same reasons, and I'd have put Joerock22 forward too if Flinn hadn't got to him first.

Just a little insight into the Admin/GS role for everyone. I'd have gone into more detail in my Patron's Paragraph but TWC has a 10k word limit that's the bane of my existence lol.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    Admins are ultimately taking the role of intermediary as Hotseats can be quite competitive and have many rules to be enforced, it falls to the admin to handle any rulings or disagreements that may arise. This role of 'peacekeeper', in my view, is the difference between an Admin and a Good Admin. It's a small but important distinction. The role of Admin is also only haft of a GS's job. What's truly important is having the drive to come up with good ideas and make them happen. It's the drive and commitment to community that's caused me to put forward Dragon. I put forward Parafix for the same reasons, and I'd have put Joerock22 forward too if Flinn hadn't got to him first.

Just a little insight into the Admin/GS role for everyone. I'd have gone into more detail in my Patron's Paragraph but TWC has a 10k word limit that's the bane of my existence lol.
    Thanks for that info, it's always good to have some more insight indeed.

What intrigued me most though was the "usually". I immediately started to wonder in which "unusually" cases one would not: "always try to make the best decision for both sides".

I failed to come up with such a case. But this is just a detail. The gist of it is of course quite clear.
    Last edited by Veteraan; March 21, 2017 at 08:26 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

Has my support through and through, Dragon is the bridge that fills that gap of communication between the hotseat sections (Gap may not be the right word, infinite dark void might be more appropriate). His advice and council is always necessary in any changes we make as GS. Iv'e had as many disagreements as agreements with him, but always with the understanding that he's invested into helping the HS community. Much like Joe, Dragons citizenship is long over due and definatly well earned.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

support
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Aye.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Eyup.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

A strong history of commitment to hotseat gaming (including working to revive it during hard times, as Socrates1984 said), with a strong record of service, a willingness to take on responsibility as Section Leader/Head of the Main section - and the use of modding to create new hotseat scenarios. An impressive candidate, I support this application.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Poll up.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

"Duty" done
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

Voted!

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Voted.

I'll abstain and trust that he'll pass on the votes of others, as is my custom of not voting for my own guy.

Voted.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I have more knowledge about the modding aspect of the game, not really all the other stuff. But i know, that modding is not the only thing that creates good games and/or other things. So yes for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast