Thread: Better Traditional Experience?

Cheomesh's Avatar Tiro

Default Better Traditional Experience?

Hello,

While I mostly am playing un-modded Attila / Charlemagne these days, I find myself wanting to return to Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai at some point to try a "Traditional" campaign. In the past, I've already swept the field as a Modern faction in a vanilla FotS game, so I'm looking for something different. To this end I've put in Darth Mod for some of its rather interesting changes, but I'm still looking to improve the "Traditional" experience, for what it is.

I'm looking for some guidance on improving some of the traditional units with things like Ranked Fire for Matchlock Kachi, spear wall for levies, or the like. Things that in general enrich the experience, since there aren't very many units.

For improving at least the Matchlocks, I did notice that Real Light Infantry seems to have *some* effect: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...light-infantry

Near as I can tell, that mod lets them shoot more readily when in the loose formation since individual gunners will not wait for the whole unit to be ready to fire. I'm not 100% certain that isn't already in DarthMod, though!

Any guidance would be great.

Thanks,

M.

Default Re: Better Traditional Experience?

AFAIK, no unit has Light Infantry Behaviour in default Shogun 2, so Real Light Infantry is a really good mod.

Perhaps see if you can find a version of timewarp?

Although personally, I would play without Darthmod and just pick and choose individual mods. There's a Steam mod that reduces the accuracy of modern units, which would make fighting line infantry more feasible.