Thread: Isabella von Carstein Legendary Playthrough (/w commentary)

Default Isabella von Carstein Legendary Playthrough (/w commentary)

Enjoy!

20.03.17 : -added episode 3 , changed from x8 to x2 for "in between" action, so it is easier to follow.
    21.03.17 : -added episodes 4 and 5
    22.03.17 : -added episodes 6,7 and 8, all running at x1 now without any further commentary

(Chaos defeated, game pretty much over, but dwarves and wood elves at war with me for no reason and they're not strong enough to kill me and I'm not strong enough to kill them AND keeping them + norsk at bay lol, stalemate!) I will try to finish the game, but it's already at turn 350 and nowhere to be over lol. I think I'll just try to force the campaign victory somehow. Stay tuned haha)
    Last edited by Sin316; March 23, 2017 at 02:13 AM.
    Visit me on my Youtube channel : Sin's Gaming Reviews!

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Isabella von Carstein Legendary Playthrough (/w commentary)

This looks like a dramatic and - with Legendary difficulty - a challenging campaign! I like the way that you explain your plans for the first three turns at the start, so that viewers understand what you aim to do. I look forward to seeing how this will series develop. (At times, the action on the screen seems to be happening very quickly. I wonder if it would be worth considering cutting out some material, so that important events (such as the Battle of Kemperbad) could be shown at a slower speed, which would make the action on the screen easier to follow.)

Yeah I decided to have the "in between" stuff run at 8x speed. If someone wants to see a particular scene, they can simply slow down the video on youtube Otherwise we're talking about a 10-20 hours long AAR.

I am currently at turn 330 or something, cleaning up the map (tedious work) and finishing the campaign eventually. The AI pretty much left the game and it's just me doing anything really.

-Done-

Episode 10 went missing in the void of YouTube and my computer (technical difficulties, corrupt file) anyway, It is GONE and good riddance.

Took me a way longer than it should have, but oh well!

Here some advice:

Do NOT fight the Skaldig and Varg. If they are hostile, give them some gold and a peace treaty. If you're strong, they'll accept (I paid 3000k each after a grueling and bleeding war for nothing). At peace, they'll travel south and fight your enemies in your stead instead. It's like win-win, double WIN.

WINNING!

Also honor demanded, that I broke the back of the Dwarves and to some extend the back of the Elves (they eventually begged and received peace, but by then I had already all but destroyed their armies, making them easy pickings for the southern provinces and the Empire, who had Emigrated to the Coast

Anyway, good and fun campaign and all in all not that difficult.

What's next!?