Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speculation thread for Warhammer Total War 2

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Speculation thread for Warhammer Total War 2

Question is how second and third part will be handled. I hope, they put everything in one game. Expanding map etc. If you buy only letīs say second part, you can probably fight old faction however they wonīt be playable for you. Letīs say Skaven and their under-empire...Spanning under Lustria/Old World...Basically big DLC as old fashioned datadisc...

Tomb Kings are sitting in corner of map unless you put there even araby and southlands. I would expand map a little to give them some breathing space (joke ) and that mean having Araby ...itīs not desert but things like bay of corsair (shiiiiiiips and piratesssss) ACTUALLY...you know what? Southlands (the whole continent is called southlands, but the south part of it is ....real southlands...) is pretty similar to Lustria! There is jungle with lizardmen cities...and whatīs more, there is plenty trading posts from other nations as norsca, empire, tilea even remote human tribes,greenskins,skavens...... Well Southlands are even more mysterious than Lustria....but quite similar to Lustria. With Tomb Kings ahead, we might be expanding way to the south and not west
    Last edited by Daruwind; March 25, 2017 at 05:17 AM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Awesome ideas....I don`t know if they will include Southlands and not the New World, they will kind of let the Elves out.
    I think that the New World will be the location of the new hame but you did bring up a nice idea with the Southlands.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockBlast View Post
    they will kind of let the Elves out.
    Well, High Elves maintain Elven Fortress/ Fortress of Dawn at the very south tip of continent...And donīt forget that Dark Elves operate their famous Black Archs...basically floating cities - floating horde settlement Thus the main conflict from beginning could be Lizardmen vs Skaven? And later they could easily flash out Both elven factions in similar terms as Bretonia...

This is just my thinking that takes Tomb Kings into equation...Frankly I would love if they add both Lustria and Southlands at the same time. Lustria has more Elves but neither of continents is for Elves important as Ulthuan or Naggaroth...
    Last edited by Daruwind; March 25, 2017 at 11:23 AM.

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Well, High Elves maintain Elven Fortress/ Fortress of Dawn at the very south tip of continent...And donīt forget that Dark Elves operate their famous Black Archs...basically floating cities - floating horde settlement Thus the main conflict from beginning could be Lizardmen vs Skaven? And later they could easily flash out Both elven factions in similar terms as Bretonia...

This is just my thinking that takes Tomb Kings into equation...Frankly I would love if they add both Lustria and Southlands at the same time. Lustria has more Elves but neither of continents is for Elves important as Ulthuan or Naggaroth...
    Hummm...I didn`t know that.
    Well said.

Why would they include a map that deosnt feature the races' homelands? I dont see the high elves being playable just as an expedition force to lustria. It doesnt make sense to have such a huge faction horde-style. Its like having the ERE only in the last roman. It exists but its not what it should be.
    Last edited by drillmaster; March 25, 2017 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drillmaster View Post
    Why would they include a map that deosnt feature the races' homelands?
    Current chaos faction? Factions which were not fully flashed out from the start? ..... Reason is if the High/Dark elves and their conflict is there from the start, then we will start in naggaroth and Ulthuan and not in Lustria....This way, we can get a taste of these faction and CA will get hype train for possible big DLC featuring Ulthuan + Naggaroth...possibly small campaign about invasion to Ulthuan? Possibly?

Floating settlements, why not? Actually it would be "new" thing especially nicely fiting to Dark elves. :-)

I'd be surprised if the Southlands were ever featured in the game to any larger extent. There are few places in the Warhammer World more neglected when it comes to lore. Very little beyond that map, and even then it's nothing (or rather no one) not found elsewhere. It seems GW never really decided what original to put in there.

I do wonder how the Black Arks will be implemented. Some sort of a seaborne horde, pehaps?

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Haven't seen this posted here... but it's defo Lustria

https://comingsoon.totalwar.com/

BMV's Avatar Civis

Looking at the speculations here... did people forget about the leak that happened at around the release of TW:Warhammer?
    http://totalwars.ru/index.php/total-...ack-plans.html
    So the main races will be High Elves, Dark Elves and Lizardmen with Tomb Kings being a likely pre-order dlc. Even the map is shown there.

Okey, so letīs look at the map and warhammer 1. It has two major DLC featuring Beasts and Wood Elves, which lead me to believe that Tomb Kings and Skaven are big DLCs for Warhammer2 and Ogre Kingdoms and Chaos Dwarves being for Warhammer3. Chaos Dwarves and Ogre Kingdoms correspond with right most part of the map...so that will be left for W3. Tomb Kings are located in right bottom corner... probably left in fog of war as Wood Elves and their Athe Loren....question is Araby as it is coastal region and if there are ships as big news from W2 ,then probably we will get coastal pirate cities, whatever.....Now preview page is showing jungle temple, so probably Lizardmen from Lustria, which is okay. However if you add High/Dark Elves from beggining, you put in warhammer2 Ulthuan+Naggaroth+Lustria+part of Southlands.....leaving only these Darklands and Mountains of Mourn for W3....and letīs be honest, these are not interesting parts even if rest of world is suffering above Skavens and under all for Chaos armies... Okey, itīs just my feeling but as CA I would keep some new land for W3.... ....And what about Chaos/Northern Wastelands as staging place for Chaos armies? ...(or maybe its quite simple, there are no additional changes due to nice w1 income, and they will really add all these lands and prepare for part three...but thatīs quite boring development for fantasy world full of magic )

This leak is probably 90% right but if CA makes any changes ,i can imagine getting big DLC focusing on High/Dark Elves and their conflict as itīs easy money. If you expand map a little for Chaos Wastes and start w2 with whole Lustria and Southlands, thus having High/Dark Elves from the start and flashing them out later as Dwarves or Greenskins...I simply wonīt be suprised if Ulthuan + Naggaroth is in Fog of War from the very beggining...
    Last edited by Daruwind; March 27, 2017 at 07:54 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12