Thread: Retirement Age

Default Retirement Age

I'm halfway through SPQR right now and I have a little over 40 provinces and around twice that many generals. By the endgame, it's probably going to be 4x that number. Micromanaging will become a huge chore.

As such, I'd like to develop a mandatory retirement age for my characters, that way I don't have to micromanage and think about it. I've stacked a lot of nice ancillaries that I'd like to transfer before characters die. Does anyone have a statistical breakdown of the chances of a character dying certain ages?

Default Re: Retirement Age

I don't like the lack of an edit function. Anyway, something else I forgot to ask, how much protection from assassination would I gain by placing a spy in the same city or stack as a valued general? I know spies protect against other spies but do they decrease assassination percent? Even if they don't, do they spot assassins? Spotting them would at least give me a chance to kill their assassins with my own.

Yet another question I thought of. How does loyalty work? I know how it works in theory. The thing is, I've played through BI as Western Roman multiple times on VH and never had a single general revolt. Adding to the confusion is my current SPQR game, I see loyalty traits appearing but the rings are 0 on everyone.

I think I've figured out how loyalty works. When a city rebels, loyalty might be what determines if the general gets kicked out or stays and rebels. This doesn't help because there's no reference for how much each loyalty ring shifts the probability. Also, it's easy to tell if a city is in danger of rebelling. If it is, you can simply pull the general out before it happens.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Usually when I had too many characters, old chaps who were not letting the younger ones breed and taking up valuable space...I gathered them in one place, loaded them up on a single ship, and sent the poor lonely ship sailing around the world until it encountered pirates or enemy fleet.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक