Thread: Recruiting Teutonic Knights?

Foederatus

Default Recruiting Teutonic Knights?

Hey guys, my apologies if this has been asked already. I looked around and couldn't find an answer here, and I checked out the thread for melooo's original crusading order submod that was integrated into Titanium.

I'm in the middle of an HRE campaign, and other than the court envoy crashing the game on recruitment, it's really great. I love all of your modifications and the factions are a bit stronger than in the base game for sure, but one thing I really like is the crusading orders being available for all factions and in historical regions.

I can't seem, however, to be able to recruit Teutonic Knights. Yes, the event has happened (quite some time ago, I'm 99 turns in) and I have quite a few chapter houses, but they only provide free upkeep. Is there another event that allows recruitment or have Teutonic Knights been removed from the game?

I apologize if this has been asked (the search feature is either terrible or I'm terrible at using it) or if there is a thread with the crusading order info.
    The answer is 42.
    Those who move mountains begin by removing small stones-Chinese Proverb

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: Recruiting Teutonic Knights?

I think the TO are a faction in themselves, unlike other crusading orders, so that would explain why you can't recruit them.

Foederatus

Do they appear in the campaign later? Even if they don't, it seems odd that the chapter houses don't provide some kind of unit for them. They had more lands than the other orders, but if we can build Hospitallers or Templars, it seems strange that we cannot create Teutons, since the only real difference is how much land they actually had.

But I digress. Is there an even that creates the Order at some point? I don't see them as a faction in the Campaign thus far (I am playing the late campaign).
    The answer is 42.
    Those who move mountains begin by removing small stones-Chinese Proverb

Old thread I know but I believe the Teutonic Order faction emerges around 1200 A.D., if the Holy Roman Empire has at least 4 regions.