Thread: Realm of Chaos expansion

Default Realm of Chaos expansion

It has been confirmed that realm of Chaos will be the center of one of the two Expansions to TW: Warhammer. Thoughts on this? As a person who doesn't know much about the Warhammer races and units, I'm afraid that the 4 main factions of the expansion (Nurgle, Tzeentch, Khorne, Slaanesh) will be very similar with only different lords, campaign mechanics and slight roster differences like Greenskin/Bloody Handz/Crooked moon.

SenseiJT92's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Realm of Chaos expansion

If they do make a game about Chaos, they MUST update the present mediocre 'chaos' DLC
    Previously taylorj2, Allu X, Grandmaster Ryu, Dauntless Commandant & Sensei Kiisu

Creator of the "Perfectly Polished" sub-mod for Stainless Steel (M2:TW), contributing to LOTR:TW (R:TW) and many other modifications over time, now long-forgotten

Original join date, Feb 2007.

I really hope they make them settlement based and after a certain event triggers, make them into hordes. I cant say im really interested in chaos in general because of how bad it is right now. They will need to do a great job in order to change the third game focus.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

please note that it is in the data mine does NOT mean confirmed
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Whats so bad about the chaos? besides that they got no demons

Boring gameplay.

That's the consequence of rushing a product. It's the fanbase's fault for making such a dire case of it and CA's for not taking the proper steps to implement chaos if they were forced to.

Now both sides suffer with a bad faction that the fanbase hates and hurts CA's reputation.

A big focus and overhaul is needed by game 3.

Quote Originally Posted by drillmaster View Post
    Boring gameplay.
    Isn't that always the case with Horde factions?

But I think that the Horde mechanic is the right way to have Chaos as Faction in the Game.

Would be awesome if Daemons could teleport through portals to different provinces depending on whats happening in that province. IE. Tzeentch armies can teleport wherever the winds of magic are strong. Khorne armies can teleport wherever there has just been a battle. Slaanesh armies can teleport wherever there is corruption. Nurgle armies teleport wherever pestilence is bad.

I guess that (esp. the Tzeentch idea) would limit the gameplay in making it necessary to always have walls at all of your settlements.

You already have to do that anyway.

No