Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Strategikos

Default Re: [Submod] Stratēgikόs

I started fresh as well and I realized I ed up by pasting all of the optional contents into the ebii folder. It works alright now.

Is this mod going to make the battles longer? at least in some strategic situation

An expeditionary corps will not flee in most cases, so yes, as long as the enemy is himself sufficiently strong, battles will be longer in some situations. It also depends on the settings of the surrender script (even if you can disable it).

Extend the length is not the initial goal though. The scripts will also modify the balance of forces by moving the difficulty: some things, like invasions will be easier, but the defence against an enemy expeditionary corps will be harder in return. A defeat in enemy lands will also be more punitive since your army will be destroyed in some (and most) cases.

Nevertheless you can disable all the scripts at any moment without having to start a new campaign if you don't like their consequences on the gameplay.

New version

Added: Tribe names

They are displayed in two cases:

- The settlement is owned by the rebels, and is then regarded as a minor faction.
    - The settlement is the homeland of the tribe, is owned by the eponymous faction, and is not local (otherwise at the beginning of the campaign, the concerned faction look unimportant near the rebel tribes).

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Interesting mod, too bad I would have to quit my ongoing campaign to try it.

I'd use the more accurate Basternai instead of the older Bastarnoz. Also, Lugdunon should be the Senones, not the Allobroges, as is shown in the Celtic ethnicities in game. Much like the Boii, there are the Cisalpine Senones who spawn in Ariminum and then there are the transalpine version of the Senones who spawn at Lugdunon.

Also, the Basternai don't arrive at Klepidava until ~220BC or so AFAIK historically speaking. The province is actually named Tyrgetia, and the Getic ethnicity associated with the province is the Tyra-Getai, as the Hellenes called them. So you could also use the tribal name of Tyra-Getai instead of Basternai.
    Last edited by Genghis Skahn; September 27, 2018 at 07:25 AM.

Thank you, i will modify this in the next version. As of now, i have only used the names of the rebels, but i will compare with the traits if they are more up to date.

For Klepidava, i can also add a time condition to the script. Thus there could be the Tyra-Getai before 220bc, and the Basternai after. I imagine that there are other situations of the same type, but my knowlege will quickly show its limitations with this things...

interesting idea, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Skahn View Post
    I'd use the more accurate Basternai instead of the older Bastarnoz...
    similarly to the above, you may want to rename Haikh in Ani-Kamah into Hayk.

Noted, thank you.

Laetus

Od there possibility to instal only coastal routes gór eb 2.35?

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Manivs View Post
    Od there possibility to instal only coastal routes gór eb 2.35?
    I second this

Unless this patch changed the map, you can just copy paste the map (ground_types.tga) file into 2.35. And give celtic ships ocean_faring trait in EDU maybe. Didnt test it myself yet though

Will this be updated to 2.35?

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis Baratheon View Post
    Unless this patch changed the map, you can just copy paste the map (ground_types.tga) file into 2.35. And give celtic ships ocean_faring trait in EDU maybe. Didnt test it myself yet though
    2.35 changed the map.

It also gave the larger Celtic fleets oceanic travel in the descr_ships.txt.

There will be an update somewhere this month if all goes well. I have done some new scripts, enhanced some others and fixed some minor problems. I just need to adapt all for the 2.35 and test the whole thing in real conditions (and also finish some details).

For the coastal navigation, yes it won't work with the 2.35. I will do a new version this week.

Coastal navigation for eb 2.35: Download

Laetus

Great news!

Plenty of very interesting features. I can't believe you achieved to make this mod! This has to be a dream ! The game must be much more interesting and entertaining (and 2.35 is already very much so!). Many thanks for your efforts. Hope I'll be able to test them in 2.35.

Updated for eb 2.35: Download

• Added: Deployment of garrisons (optional): The player will randomly not be able to deploy his troops, this to simulate a surprise attack. The percentage chance is then influenced by the level of GoodSiegeDefender (No trait : 20% / Gate Keeper : 15 % / None Shall Pass! : 10% / Legendary City Defender : 5%).
    • Added: Plague (optional): Randomly affects the armies engaged in a siege in spring and summer. More frequent in summer (10% chance) than in spring (5%).Effects: Besieger: -3 Morale of all troops on the battlefield, -3 Command when assaulting walls, -3 Command when attacking, -3 Command when defending, -20 % Movement Defender: -3 Morale of all troops on the battlefield, -3 Command when defending walls, -3 Command when attacking, -20 % Movement (a message notifying the trait will pop up at the selection of an affected settlement or besieger (only at the first selection in the last case))
    • Added: Option to disable the cinematic mode of the settlement viewer.
    • Added: Option to disable all the scripts affecting the gameplay at one go (in replacement of the all_scripts_off folder).
    • Tweaked: Poliorketika: a message notifying the breach will pop up at the first selection of the besieger concerned (4 variants: battering ram, mine, digging tortoise, demolition raven). As defender a message of the advisor at the start of the battle will have a similar role.
    • Tweaked: Expeditionary Corps: The script is now able to determine if the battle occurs on a frontline, near a ship allowing an escape, or if the conflict is an ambush with the two sides fighting in enemy land. Note: the script currently doesn't test the faction of the AI ships, but it should be extremely rarely a problem (and probably never).
    • Tweaked: Surrender: Instead of 85, 80 and 75%, the settings available are now 85, 75 and 65%. 75% is the new default setting (the gauge of losses being definitvely not reliable, the value is just indicative)
    • Tweaked: The keys of the tactical view for the ordinary battles now change the altitude like in siege rather than the perspective.
    • Tweaked: "Rebel" is replaced by "Independent"
    • Fixed: The state of war script could not be totally disabled in certain circumstances.
    • Fixed: the morale of the expeditionary corps and garrisons could be randomly unlocked (in engine --'...). The morale can still randomly appear broken, but the units will no more flee, and can be selected and used as ordinary, in spite of the white flag (i could be able to fix this last inconvenience later, but otherwise the scripts are currently working as intented).

NOTE: if you have already installed the celtic voiceover hotfix, or if you want to install it later, you (will) need to delete "events.dat" and "events.idx", in ebii/data/sounds (they will be regenerated) once all is installed (nevermind the order).
    Last edited by Erken; December 20, 2018 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    Updated for eb 2.35: Download

Awesome ! Thank you so much ! Thx for this Christmas present ! I appreciate it.

A side note about the celtic voiceover hotfix : was not aware there was one. I'm going to check this. TY.