Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Strategikos

Default Re: [Submod] Stratēgikόs

I also use enhanced movement and i have seen no problems, i can't imagine there would be either, at worse the massive movement you get anyway even with penalties is going to make any maluses less impactful. Lets assume due to casualties after a battle it knocks off 20%. Default movement in EB is 125 so your movement would be 100, with both submods together at 500 it would just become 400, which is still quite significant.

I think my favourite feature so far is definitely the tactical camera though its far too close in the Medieval 2 engine i mean just compare them both - https://imgur.com/a/uMMeO6q. Its an adjustable view up or down that allows you to see pretty much everything and it still looks pretty good especially with the unit detail setting so they don't turn to sprites at distance.

Have noticed when sieging too i get a "script" ancillary that says nothing, is it working okay and i suppose is meant as a trigger for the various events?
    Last edited by Martin N; April 25, 2021 at 06:09 PM.

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

oops
    Last edited by Martin N; April 25, 2021 at 06:10 PM. Reason: double post

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

Thanx guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss
    run a quick test with Bactria. everything works fine, it seems. the only potential issue is that i'm not sure raiding works. i usually receive a notification when siegeing rebel cities for couple of turns. this did not happen. i have not had a chance to test if field raids will work.
    I haven't touched this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss
    is it possible to arrange regions that get displayed as colored areas (by pressing F9) to be in the colour of the owning faction?
    Sadly, this is just gadget using the console_command "toggle_terrain region" (which should work with all mods), so it only use the default color of the map_regions.tga file. Otherwise i would have added shortcuts everywhere for everything

Quote Originally Posted by jdofo
    On the other hand, I wonder about compatibility with Enhanced Campaign Movement submod (interesting report of AI being less interrupted in their plans, allowing a CAI substantial enhancement), as Strategikos affects the armies' % of movement. Would these dynamic and temporal movement changes affect the base value that it's included, either by EBII vanilla or the above submod, and thus being both compatible submods?
    There are no common files, and percentages are just percentages, so there should be no problem i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin N
    Have noticed when sieging too i get a "script" ancillary that says nothing, is it working okay and i suppose is meant as a trigger for the various events?
    Yes, just ignore it. Originally i wanted to use a transparent texture to hide it, but i have discovered at the last minute that it was not possible with this particular type of pictures --'. I am not sure if i can modify the current script to avoid this, i'll see.

Otherwise i will add later the possibility to enable combat casualties, epidemics and breaking point only for (or rather against xD) the player, so that everybody can play depending on his tastes.

Something i have forgotten to mention is that the surrender could be sometimes weirdly delayed (and not because of tactical advantage or some reinforcements). Battle mechanisms are everything but reliable in this game, but i will examine this more closely when i will have the time.
    Last edited by Erken; April 26, 2021 at 02:21 AM.

MY FL has an ancillary with the title and description reading "Script". I disabled some of the scripts, does this have anything to do with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    As Youneuoy said, the tool is safe.

Just be sure to correctly enter your credit card number when required.
    Oh, okay. I'm not sure that'll be enough, so I'm scanning my social security card and emailing it to you just to be safe.

On another note, how is this submod incompatible with reshade? I know I'm probably just bound to see the other shoe drop soon enough, but so far it's working fine:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Broreale View Post
    On another note, how is this submod incompatible with reshade? I know I'm probably just bound to see the other shoe drop soon enough, but so far it's working fine:
    It kept crashing on startup for me until I uninstalled Reshade.

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mór Ó Néill View Post
    It kept crashing on startup for me until I uninstalled Reshade.
    I see. I'm using the very old version (so I could be lazy and keep using HaHawk's presets) and so far, so good!

Also, I can't use the tactical camera. It works fine in the settlement viewer (or it's turned on by default?) but ctrl+z doesn't work in battle and it doesn't seem to have a keybind. I reset my keybinds too, so that can't be the problem.
    Last edited by Broreale; April 26, 2021 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mór Ó Néill View Post
    MY FL has an ancillary with the title and description reading "Script". I disabled some of the scripts, does this have anything to do with that?
    If you have disabled Poliorketika, i have probably forgotten to add an event counter preventing the attribution of the ancillary when the script is disabled. I will check this evening. If this is the case, you can enable the script at the end of a turn and disable it at the begining of the following turn, it will remove all the unused ancillaries.

Otherwise if Poliorketika is enabled, the ancillary will be automatically deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Broreale
    Oh, okay. I'm not sure that'll be enough, so I'm scanning my social security card and emailing it to you just to be safe.
    Thank you, i very much appreciate the gesture. You'll have a postcard from the Bahamas.

Quote Originally Posted by Broreale
    Also, I can't use the tactical camera. It works fine in the settlement viewer (or it's turned on by default?) but ctrl+z doesn't work in battle and it doesn't seem to have a keybind. I reset my keybinds too, so that can't be the problem.
    Well, the settlement viewer is just a battle, so the tactical view should work for you with every battles.

Well, the settlement viewer is just a battle, so the tactical view should work for you with every battles.
    I don't even know if this is the tactical camera. When I turn on the settlement viewer and hit "start battle" the camera is unlocked. It seems like a debug camera. In battles, I can't use ctrl+z. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Broreale View Post
    I don't even know if this is the tactical camera. When I turn on the settlement viewer and hit "start battle" the camera is unlocked. It seems like a debug camera. In battles, I can't use ctrl+z. That's it.
    The problem is maybe reshade. It works perfectly for me, and i have never seen people having problems with this feature of the tool. Unless you have pressed ctrl+v instead of crtl+f. In this case, redo it to disable it, it's a feature for online battle iirc.

Otherwise i have fixed the little problem of visible ancillaries. Now, you will never more seen them, nevermind if the script is enabled or not (i realized that i originally made them volontarily visible just to be sure than the script worked...).

I have also added the possibility to disable combat casualties, breaking point and epidemics for the AI. I just need to take the time to test this to be sure that i have broken nothing while doing this.

Check out keybindings in the options menu to see if the extra functions like tactical camera and number 1-9 to navigate the info menu show up, if they do then something else is getting in the way. I saw an old comment before talking about similar issues and that deleting keys.dat fixed it for them so you could try that.

Something i have forgotten to mention is that the surrender could be sometimes weirdly delayed (and not because of tactical advantage or some reinforcements). Battle mechanisms are everything but reliable in this game, but i will examine this more closely when i will have the time.
    Have you made changes to units routing op by the way to make up for armies surrendering, or is it something to do with the context of the fight? I am fighting a pitched battle in Sicily, which is enemy territory in autumn as the attacker so the entire army would be destroyed if i lost right? And i have noticed that enemy units no longer rout i have seen skirmishers hit by cavalry charges while being engaged from the front and they drop down to single digits and continue fighting until they die, same thing with line infantry.
    Last edited by Martin N; April 26, 2021 at 02:33 PM.

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

Quote Originally Posted by Martin N View Post
    Have you made changes to units routing op by the way to make up for armies surrendering, or is it something to do with the context of the fight? I am fighting a pitched battle in Sicily, which is enemy territory in autumn as the attacker so the entire army would be destroyed if i lost right? And i have noticed that enemy units no longer rout i have seen skirmishers hit by cavalry charges while being engaged from the front and they drop down to single digits and continue fighting until they die, same thing with line infantry.
    This is exactly what the expeditionary forces script is supposed to do: the army has no base where to retreat, so units won't flee (their morale is blocked), and in case of defeat, there will be no survivor (so it's your role to protect them and bring them back behind your lines for example). I am probably the only one using this script i think xD.

If you disable it, it's probably better to use only surrender for siege battle though.

I said it was a boring submod xD

This is exactly what the expeditionary forces script is supposed to do: the army has no base where to retreat, so units won't flee (their morale is blocked), and in case of defeat, there will be no survivor (so it's your role to protect them and bring them back behind your lines for example). I am probably the only one using this script i think xD.

If you disable it, it's probably better to use only surrender for siege battle though.

I said it was a boring submod xD
    I wouldn't call it boring i am perfectly happy with my own army being destroyed in an expeditionary situation because it emulates a risky maneuver on the attacking generals part i just don't like the enemy having their morale blocked as well, as the defender they can technically run away right?

So i assume that's a limitation you ran in to with the script? If you lock the morale it can't selectively be applied to just one side it has to apply to every unit on the field?

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

Campidoctor

Gods bless the boring, for bringing us such entertainment

Just found the problem: the tactical view only works in RTS camera mode. I was using Total War camera and the tactical view does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin N View Post
    I wouldn't call it boring i am perfectly happy with my own army being destroyed in an expeditionary situation because it emulates a risky maneuver on the attacking generals part i just don't like the enemy having their morale blocked as well, as the defender they can technically run away right?

So i assume that's a limitation you ran in to with the script? If you lock the morale it can't selectively be applied to just one side it has to apply to every unit on the field?
    The only case where the morale of the two armies is blocked at the same time is when both are expeditionary forces (and if they don't have a base in the region, or are not ambushing, etc...), so almost never.

So yes, most of time only one side is affected.

redin5ide.82's Avatar Foederatus

Not boring at all. I find it an original way to re think the game mate. Keep up with this!

anyone else got issue with diplomat been teleported to Cyprus with no way back?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    anyone else got issue with diplomat been teleported to Cyprus with no way back?
    Thx, it's an oversight of my part. I have three ports leading to Cyprus and no way back indeed. I am fixing this.

Otherwise i think i have found the reason of the delays with surrenders: the messages of pre-surrender and pre-breaking point have weighted the monitor too much, so i will remove them (added at the last minute, removed at the first...). On the same way, i can't make more optional scripts in the end with this monitor, otherwise surrenders are simply totally broken. I will keep this for later, with the lua scripts of the EOP.

Update: Download

• Fixed: the ancillary used by the Poliorketika script is no more visible (even when the script is enabled)
    • Fixed: a ferrry has been added leading to Syria from the port of Kypros
    • Removed: messages of pre-surrender and pre-breaking point (to consolidate the surrender script)
    Last edited by Erken; April 28, 2021 at 02:43 PM.