Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Strategikos

Default Re: [Submod] Strategikos

Quote Originally Posted by Omurtag View Post
    Ok thanks one more question changing battlefield size or any of the other options at the bottom is going to result in problems right ? I am especially interested in battlefield size option
    Yes, modify most of the settings would not be a good idea. For the battlefield size, the theoretical limit is 2000 iirc, but in practice you will start to have problems of shaking camera around 1800, when you are close to the border. It depends on the map, if the terrain is rough the practical limit will be low while high on a plain.

For the unit size, you can maybe modify it (no idea if it's save compatible), but this is at your own risks (the how should be explained somewhere in the M2TWEOP forum).

ok thank you loving the submod sofar

Hello,

I am not sure if the modification works well for me. While fighting a defensive battle and my troops do not lose, the general does not die, but they flee after 5 minutes of the battle. All units suddenly give up in turn. It should be like that, or I installed the mod incorrectly? I will also add that I have all scripts turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by Grathus View Post
    Hello,

I am not sure if the modification works well for me. While fighting a defensive battle and my troops do not lose, the general does not die, but they flee after 5 minutes of the battle. All units suddenly give up in turn. It should be like that, or I installed the mod incorrectly? I will also add that I have all scripts turned on.
    Hi,

Such a rout should only be triggered when the general is killed (or once the bodyguard is destroyed if the event has not been detected due to a high battle speed) or when losses reach a given threshold for the besieger (with the "breaking point" script). Are you sure your general was not killed? All battle messages are automatically deleted by the system i use, so maybe you didn't noticed it because of this?

Otherwise, it could be a random failure of the script...The script is ok but i am definitively not far of the limit of what the engine can handle, so maybe a condition was ignored like i have already seen it with some other battle events.

If you are sure that your general was not killed, disabling "Strategos" should prevent this kind of problem (at least since it was not a siege battle "breaking point" should not be implied).

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    Hi,

Such a rout should only be triggered when the general is killed (or once the bodyguard is destroyed if the event has not been detected due to a high battle speed) or when losses reach a given threshold for the besieger (with the "breaking point" script). Are you sure your general was not killed? All battle messages are automatically deleted by the system i use, so maybe you didn't noticed it because of this?

Otherwise, it could be a random failure of the script...The script is ok but i am definitively not far of the limit of what the engine can handle, so maybe a condition was ignored like i have already seen it with some other battle events.

If you are sure that your general was not killed, disabling "Strategos" should prevent this kind of problem (at least since it was not a siege battle "breaking point" should not be implied).
    Thank you for the quick reply,
    The battle I wrote about is the siege of Sparta. I had a few generals there and I'm pretty sure none were killed. I'll check it again and try to disable the "Strategos" script later.
    Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by Grathus View Post
    Thank you for the quick reply,
    The battle I wrote about is the siege of Sparta. I had a few generals there and I'm pretty sure none were killed. I'll check it again and try to disable the "Strategos" script later.
    Thank You.
    mmh...if it was a siege battle, the problem should rather come from "breaking point" then. I will check at the end of the week, i have probably broken something when i have rewritten the script to remove the message of pre-breaking point. I am sure to have tested as besieger, but not as defender...

EDIT: ok, i think i know what is wrong (just a counter not updated in the version uploaded). I won't be able to test and update before the end of the week, but it indeed comes from "breaking point", so it's better to disable this script in the meantime...(sorry for your battle...).
    Last edited by Erken; May 31, 2021 at 12:58 PM.

Thank you for your help! I'll disable the breaking point script and enjoy the campaign. There are so many new changes to the new version of your submod that I can't wait to play.

Update: Download

• Fixed: The breaking point script no more cause the rout of the defender's army when the player has this role
    • Added: new building pictures for the barbarian culture (agriculture, walls, river ports, mines, education, road garrisons and food imports)

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Whend using M2TWEOP the brightness of the game stays default and i can't change in the option menu of the game, how do i do it to make it darker.
    I like always to put the brightness a little lower on all mods.

Also, i had commented in the previous version and forgot if i got a answer. This mod seems so cool but complicated to implement, do all features work automatically or do i need to press certain buttons to make them work?
    Last edited by Fahnat; June 06, 2021 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahnat View Post
    Whend using M2TWEOP the brightness of the game stays default and i can't change in the option menu of the game, how do i do it to make it darker.
    I like always to put the brightness a little lower on all mods.
    The tool has only a setting for the resolution, i doubt it will have an effect but you can always try by disabling it on the launcher. Otherwise Youneuoy, the author of the tool, is the only one able to answer to your question (there are links for the discord and the forum of the tool on the first page).

Quote Originally Posted by Fahnat View Post
    Also, i had commented in the previous version and forgot if i got a answer. This mod seems so cool but complicated to implement, do all features work automatically or do i need to press certain buttons to make them work?
    All the scripts and traits are enabled by default. If you want to disable something you can do it through a menu available by clicking on the help button of scrolls (top right corner of settlement panels for example). Then use "Enter" to go to the next page of the menu or "Backspace" to go back to the previous one, and use the key 1-9 (not the numpad) to choose an option. There is also an option to disable all "active" scripts (you will still be able to use the ferries, settlement viewer, heir selection).

There are also some keys used for some features (like F9 to show regions as colored areas), they are all detailled on the first page.

I went through the trouble of recovering this old forum account just to thank you for your work, I'm having great fun in my new campaign using your submod.
    But, I need to add that, sadly, I had to deactivate some features from it, specifically the ones that require M2TWEOP, to work because it tanks my FPS (Campaign and Tactical map), no idea why. those features seemed fun but I don't think they are vital, just 5 less features from 21, no big deal. Launching the game through the EB launcher gives me no issue.

Thanks again for your dedication and effort

Quote Originally Posted by Arosntha View Post
    But, I need to add that, sadly, I had to deactivate some features from it, specifically the ones that require M2TWEOP, to work because it tanks my FPS (Campaign and Tactical map), no idea why. those features seemed fun but I don't think they are vital, just 5 less features from 21, no big deal. Launching the game through the EB launcher gives me no issue.
    Thank God, I thought my laptop was on its last legs, my FPS was getting so bad. Did you have to disable the (absolutely vital) choose heir feature as well?

Also how exactly did you disable them? Just delete some files?

I went through the trouble of recovering this old forum account just to thank you for your work, I'm having great fun in my new campaign using your submod.

Thanks again for your dedication and effort
    Thx! I have no problem with performances myself (despite my config is not new), are you on win10? Also, the version of the tool i use is now outdated, it could run better with the next one. Otherwise i fear there is nothing i can do :/...

Thank God, I thought my laptop was on its last legs, my FPS was getting so bad. Did you have to disable the (absolutely vital) choose heir feature as well?
    You have this problem in campaign and battle also?

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mór Ó Néill View Post
    I haven't tested it yet, but I assume I did, this feature apparently requires the game to be launched through M2TWEOP in order to function
    Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mór Ó Néill View Post
    Also how exactly did you disable them? Just delete some files?
    Nothing like that, I disabled through the in-game menu our dearest modder here designed for us. Here's an image where to find the menu and the hotkeys required to navigate/operate in it https://ibb.co/fnY7pfw (screenshot) First, select any settement, and head for the option circle at the topmost right corner, click it, now, a menu should deploy, navigation is simple.

1-9 Select the feature you want to read about/disable/enable by pressing the respective number. All features come enabled by default
    If you select a feature, let's say 1, pressing enter toggles it between enabled and disabled

If you want to go back to the feature menu, press backspace

Now, if you want to go to the next feature list page, press enter, if you want to go back, press backspace. And that's it, disable all the features that require M2TWEOP to function, and you're good

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    You have this problem in campaign and battle also?
    Battles chug like they've never chugged before, but the campaign map seems fine.

I haven't tested it yet, but I assume I did, this feature apparently requires the game to be launched through M2TWEOP in order to function

Nothing like that, I disabled through the in-game menu our dearest modder here designed for us. Here's an image where to find the menu and the hotkeys required to navigate/operate in it https://ibb.co/fnY7pfw (screenshot) First, select any settement, and head for the option circle at the topmost right corner, click it, now, a menu should deploy, navigation is simple.

1-9 Select the feature you want to read about/disable/enable by pressing the respective number. All features come enabled by default
    If you select a feature, let's say 1, pressing enter toggles it between enabled and disabled

If you want to go back to the feature menu, press backspace

Now, if you want to go to the next feature list page, press enter, if you want to go back, press backspace. And that's it, disable all the features that require M2TWEOP to function, and you're good
    Ah ok, I disabled all the scripts and my performance is still down.

Guess I'll do a fresh install once R3 drops and see if there's any difference.

nono, wait, are you launching the game through M2TWEOP?
    Use the normal launcher instead

Damn, 1 hour late

nono, wait, are you launching the game through M2TWEOP?
    Use the normal launcher instead
    Ah yes that worked, thanks. Seems to be running a bit better now.

And since it doesn't effect save-games I can go in through the launcher, switch heir, then go in the normal way.