Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: [Submod] Strategikos

Default Re: [Submod] Strategikos

Quote Originally Posted by Olegmudrii View Post
    Hello. Tell me if it will work correctly with the submod

Better CAI "PiterAI" (smarter opponents)?
    As said Lusitanio, no. Both submods have a different version of descr_strat.txt. I will see what i can do for the next patch, if it's easy to edit i'll add a compatibility file.

somehow not working for me ctd when i try to start game
    i pasted eb2 file to /mod
    i started directry from M2TWEOP.exe
    and I don't understand this section
    2 - Create a shortcut for the M2TWEOP.exe in ...ebii/data, and use it to launch the tool

Quote Originally Posted by Technoking View Post
    somehow not working for me ctd when i try to start game
    i pasted eb2 file to /mod
    i started directry from M2TWEOP.exe
    and I don't understand this section
    2 - Create a shortcut for the M2TWEOP.exe in ...ebii/data, and use it to launch the tool
    It just means that it doesn't directly start the game itself, but rather the tool, which through his launcher will allow you to launch the game. In brief: don't use the vanilla shorcut.
    (not sure my bad english make this more clear xD)

If the submod is correctly installed (if M2TWEOP.exe is in the eb2 folder, it's ok), well maybe your AV could be the guilty? and the tool doesn't work on linux also.

[QUOTE=Erken;16078732]It just means that it doesn't directly start the game itself,
    I started from M2TWEOP.exe

I just misread it
    what is av? sorry i'm new to this forum

I just misread it
    what is av? sorry i'm new to this forum
    AV is for antivirus, but i guess you would have a message saying that a file is missing if it was the source of the problem.

Other possiblities:

Are you sure that you have the version 2.35A R3.5 of the mod (and so the corresponding version of the submod)?

Have you tried to launch it with admin rights?

Otherwise, does the ctd occur when you click on the start button of the launcher? or before even to even see the launcher?

i'm sure i have correct version because i saw it in title screen
    i tried admin
    it crash when i try to launch from "start mod" button of launcher
    the log is

02:17:00.828 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    02:17:00.828 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    02:17:00.853 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    02:17:00.880 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    02:17:00.895 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    02:17:00.926 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    02:17:00.957 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    02:17:00.961 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    02:17:15.409 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/ebii/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 764, column 1
    Could not find soldier battle model for unit type 'celtic_levy'.

02:17:15.409 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/ebii/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

i'm sure i have correct version because i saw it in title screen
    i tried admin
    it crash when i try to launch from "start mod" button of launcher
    the log is

02:17:00.828 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    02:17:00.828 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    02:17:00.853 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    02:17:00.880 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    02:17:00.895 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    02:17:00.926 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    02:17:00.957 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    02:17:00.961 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    02:17:15.409 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/ebii/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 764, column 1
    Could not find soldier battle model for unit type 'celtic_levy'.

02:17:15.409 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/ebii/data/export_descr_unit.txt.
    Your log looks like this one here, where the problem seems to be the installation (or a conflict with another submod), so reinstall all should resolve it. Otherwise i run out of ideas sorry ^^'...

thanks i will try reinstall medieval 2

Sadly not work
    i think i messed something while updating eb2 to R3.5 tho

Sadly not work
    i think i messed something while updating eb2 to R3.5 tho
    Maybe have you installed only the post-release fix (which is properly the R3.5) while you need to install first the original version of the patch:

1) Download the patch: Torrent link | Direct Download 1 | Direct Download 2

If you have the means to host the files, please do so and share the link - I'll update this post with it.

1a) Download this post-release fix. Check it says "v2.35A R3.5" on your main menu to confirm successful patching.

2a - Windows) Open the zip and copy and paste the "data" folder over that same folder in your EBII folder. Say "yes" to overwrite all files.

2b - Mac) Use ditto to copy the files and directories intelligently. Say "yes" to overwrite all files.

2c - Linux) Use the rsync command to copy the files and structure. Say "yes" to overwrite all files.

3) Start a EB2 campaign. WAIT for the game to generate the world, the game has not frozen, it takes time to do this on your very first campaign. It's generating the map.rwm file.

4) There may be a “Fatal Graphics Error” and crash to the desktop when you start the campaign only on the very first time. This is normal (though is less common than it was), just start the game again.
    Here is a version with working links:

Quote Originally Posted by MeiguoJinjang View Post
    Okay, these are the three files you have going to need to go from EBII v235 full install (on ModDB) to the latest public version. The total storage below is about 1Gb.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nzM...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZYK...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fxp...ew?usp=sharing

It should work as I don't have much experience with Google. I used to run my business (and domain) and was the mail admin. But I have gmail as some sites like this one will only let you register with Gmail. Please if the download works for you, then let me know. (as I said I am not a google drive) user.

Thanks.

PS: above is 2 patches and the latest manual

FYI (install in this order)

MTW2 (Steam or DVD or STEAM+STEAM crack)

EBII 235.zip ~6Gb (ModDb)

EBII 2.35A Patch FINAL R1.rar ~1 Gb (above)

EBII v2.35A R3.5.zip ~ 0.2 Gb (above)

* Latest manual above

i read this post and realised i installed post-release fix first
    thanks i'll try it again

Edit: it works!
    Last edited by Technoking; February 12, 2022 at 07:13 AM.

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Hello,

I'm playing a EBII campaign with your submod and noticed that unlike the older versions it doesn't have changes to the descr_formation.txt and descr_formation_ai.txt.
    I was wondering why you removed those changes as I think your work was a great improvement over vanilla EBII.

Quote Originally Posted by Domaje View Post
    Hello,

I'm playing a EBII campaign with your submod and noticed that unlike the older versions it doesn't have changes to the descr_formation.txt and descr_formation_ai.txt.
    I was wondering why you removed those changes as I think your work was a great improvement over vanilla EBII.
    You had probably made a mix with another submod. My only attempt to modify formations was terrible enough to no more try ^^'...

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Oops ! Sorry, you're right, the change I was talking about came from the Alternative Battles submod.

I have unespected error after general and solders lowered arms. I already reinstalled the mod, but nothing helps. It also crashes when loading saves in the game. but when from the menu everything is fine

Quote Originally Posted by Olegmudrii View Post
    I have unespected error after general and solders lowered arms. I already reinstalled the mod, but nothing helps. It also crashes when loading saves in the game. but when from the menu everything is fine
    Are you sure to be on eb2 R3.5? Also if the ctd occurs when an army surrenders, have you the time to see the advisor? Maybe deleting the advice file in ebii/preferences could help, but i don't see why it would be corrupted.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Primicerius

Really looking forward to playing with this mod, but I have such a good campaign on the go I just can't bring myself to start again. Soon though there are just too many positives in favour to make things even better. Thanks for your hard work

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011