Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 82324252627282930313233

Thread: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Warhammer Unit Modding

Default Re: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Warhammer Unit Modding

The finished variant

Princess Islandra, The Dragon Queen of Caledor.

I have her in the game using Mixu's mod, but I intend to make her a stand alone eventually. Thanks for the amazing tutorial!

Thank you very much. Now to find an equally amazing tutorial on a free 3D modeler, 3Ds Max is very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    Goddamn Sebidee, amazing tutorial man!

I've got a suggestion though, have a table of contents at the very top so people can navigate it easier, eg
    Post 2 - Getting your unit into the game
    Post 3 - Complex Tables ect ect
    The correct response was, "That's impossible."

Hello everyone, I wonder is it possible to create your own 3D model for this game?

I saw someone in workshop add a Dwarf Juggernaut (Dwarf version of steam tank) and the poster claimed that the model has been already made into the game but was not used. I really don't like this heavily modified 3d model over vanilla one from WorkShop (the pic at the right side of the screenshot). I have checked several YT videos without fruit. All videos I found so far are about how to export the 3D model into blender then binding the skeleton.

Any useful tutorial or the contact info of community is welcome.
    Last edited by crusader_yn; November 05, 2020 at 04:57 PM.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

It is in theory possible, but it's really complex and tedious to do at the moment.

There are several WIP tools that could greatly simplify the process, but there are not ready yet.

And keep in mind that even if available, there are restriction about what you should do, like CA and GW don't want anything from other IP.

You could maje your own version of the Juggernaut as long as it's based on Warhammer materials (like picture or lead model from GW books), but importing models from Lord or Rings is a big NO. Even importing model from Rome or 3K would probably be against their rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    It is in theory possible, but it's really complex and tedious to do at the moment.

There are several WIP tools that could greatly simplify the process, but there are not ready yet.

And keep in mind that even if available, there are restriction about what you should do, like CA and GW don't want anything from other IP.

You could maje your own version of the Juggernaut as long as it's based on Warhammer materials (like picture or lead model from GW books), but importing models from Lord or Rings is a big NO. Even importing model from Rome or 3K would probably be against their rules.
    Thank you for the response. I aware very well about the IP restriction from CA & GW and it is really an well known issue in community since the release of first TW warhammer game. Like I have said, my plan is to re-modeling CA's unused model (which is actually deviated from GW artwork at first place) into its original artwork. In fact, the concept of Dwarf Juggernaut was never be mentioned again after 2nd rule books thus it is more like a forgotten unit right now.

Back to the topic, you said it is possible but a complex process, do you know anyone or any group that able to do so? I have several years of working experienced with 3DS Max modeling (although in architecture & commercial adv field rather than game industry) and I also quite familiar with old PFM. (I actually be here for re-texturing issues of my customized unit 2 yrs ago, and I made it eventually thank to you and another kindful dude who gave me valuable suggestions). Right now I have plenty of time (due to the COVID) to learn the workflow and new software if necessary while I just dont know how to find the guide or contact proper community that has knowledge to do so.
    Last edited by crusader_yn; November 06, 2020 at 02:52 AM.

Hello Everyone,

I am such a Noob at this modding stuff. I was just trying to do a simple mod and remove the locked requirement for Alarielle "Tradition Dictates" and "Blood & Fire". I am having a difficult time understanding how the "character_skill_nodes_skill_locks_tables" work.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I am having a problem with the guide. I tried following the guide while making my own unit and couldn't load into the game, just stuck on the intital loading screen and eventually freezes.

I have all over mods turned off and my unit mod turned on.

I then tried following your guide exactly, including your Key and Unique ID for the sake of making sure it actually works and I'm still getting the same issue.

Can you suggest what could be possibly going wrong?

Thanks.

Patrician Artifex

hard to tell without seeing what you did. Can you ost a screen of the tables you have and the lines inside?

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    hard to tell without seeing what you did. Can you ost a screen of the tables you have and the lines inside?
    I have taken screenshots of all the tables I have completed and also where I am upto in the tutorial.

I did notice that the tutorial showed that the "Is Naval" was not selected in the main_units_table whereas when I copy everything over from vanilla tables it automatically ticks it. I tried turning this off and no difference in outcome.

then....

I also noticed that the Vanilla Table for main_units_table was setup differently to the table in the template. I have attached a photo of both these tables to compare. I have gone through and changed all the values individually to be correct regardless of their order and again no difference in outcome, still crashes on initial loadup of WH2. I will now go through all the other completed tables to see if they have the same issue.

Any feedback would be good.

Cheers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pic 2.png   Pic 1.png   pic 3.png  

Patrician Artifex

Have you tried using RPFM diagnostic tool? It can help identify errors.
    From what I see, it seems you have a main_unit which still uses the original value (wh_main_emp_inf_halberdiers), while other tables are using "seb_emp_altdorf_halberd"
    The problem is if you look for example at custom_battle table, the "unit column" is a reference to main_unit, not land_unit.

And it contains "seb_emp_altdorf_halberd". Which doesn't exist in the main_unit... Hence the crash

And your main_units table is screwed. the land_units shows 120, it should be "seb_emp_altdorf_halberd", and 120 goes in nb_men I think

You have many colums which are off.

My advice
    - Get latest version of RPFM and use the diagnostic tool, it really help
    - Redo the mod. Be sure each table is up to the latest schema (to avoid a missing column)
    - Empty the tables.
    - Open data.pack, go to a table like main_unit. Select one base unit you like (Goblin spearmen for example)
    - Copy ONE line, go back to your now empty table with same name, Add Row, and then paste the new line. Make a minor change (ex : double the cost), start game and check the change is visible.
    - Then add the other line/table one by one

Hi everyone, I've just started getting into modding and hit a wall of difficulty.
    I've created a new unit of High elf Demigryph knights and they look exactly how I want them to, stats are a WIP but I wanted to finish them before tweaking balancing.

I'm at the last bit now, which is animations. As the elf models don't have the animations that humans do - in that they can ride demigryphs, they just float off the demigryphs once they start moving. I've tried looking into the mount animation editor, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.