Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Warhammer Unit Modding

Default Re: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Warhammer Unit Modding

Euh... I have 2 other questions : do you know where to find dds models for lords and agents? And, in arkhan, manfred or vlad's variantmeshes definitions, there are their weapons and only 1 model for their body. Do you know a mean to dissociate a part of their body?

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Some posts moved here.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

you cannot "dissociate" part, the best you can do is try to make some part transparent.
    But ti's not very easy to do, and it doesnr't work with every model.

Hi,

I am a newbie to modding following Sebidee’s guide to modding Warhammer 1&2 and I have run into a stumbling block. I am making a unit of infantry. When I try to change the details on the land_unit table, under the “engine” column it is coming up with a value for artillery, I have used the drop down list but I can’t find a clear value - only different artillery values. When I cut and pasted the entry like it says in the guide, the value in the engine column remains. I have read through the rest of the guide, checked out Magnar’s clip on YouTube, read the other guides online and checked this thread and other forums for ideas but as yet no idea what to do. Should I delete the column? I have a feeling this would screw up more than it would solve.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Patrician Artifex

You can delete the content of the column, it should be empty for infantry. Engine is used for chariot or artillery.
    Easy way to do it: copy /paste an empty cell.

Hey Steph,

thanks for the incredibly quick reply. I have tried your suggestion but I am getting an error message. Please see image.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Issue 1.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	157.1 KB 
ID:	359070

This is the drop down list provided, there are no empty values above or below. do I need to change another table? If so, which and how?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Issue 2.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	359071

Sorry, did not read the text as thoroughly as I should have. ‘Untick Combo Boxes’ was where I was falling down.

Hey again,

I have three areas where I need advice. Firstly I am making a mod where I am introducing three additional units a unit of dwarf warriors, a unit of dwarf crossbows and a unit of dwarf miners. Same animations, same look, just a 25% reduction in stats and cost. At the moment they are appearing in game, but in the campaign they are overriding the original warriors, miners and crossbows. I have gone through the tutorial and (after the last gaff) paid particular attention to the details and steps. Is there something I am missing? I'm aware I need to change a value somewhere, but not sure which table that is.

Secondly I have noticed that when renaming and saving some of the tables, they disappear after the save. Is this normal? This has happened with template_unit_description_short_texts__.loc and unit_set_to_unit_junctions_tables

Thirdly, I am having trouble with my units in-game, they are appearing - complete with unique unit card, but if I select them in multiplayer or campaign, the game crashes. I have gone through the entries in the tables at least three times each and even completely restarted twice now. I am getting to the end of my tether and despite seeing similar posts on this thread and following their explanations, it doesn't seem to change the outcome. Could someone with a fresh pair of eyes have a crack at this. I will attach my beardlings.pack
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm using the new(er) Rusted Packfile Manager by Frodo45127 https://frodo45127.github.io/rpfm/ - Would this eliminate the need to do the hex editing? I'm looking at a rigid_model file and it seems to allow me to edit it... I'm new to model editing...

Patrician Artifex

you can use RPFM to edit the texture path of rigidmodel.

Justt be careful to avoid changing the number of characters in the filename.

You still need hex editing if you want to activate transparency for a rigimodel which doesn't support it by default.

Or use wsmodels.

Sebidee, is it possible to somehow adjust the unit AI through tables modding so as to avoid this stupid AI behaviour issue and not wait for CA for ages:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...-units#latest?

Thanks Steph.

hello Steph, i want to know the name of the table /where to find it that controls how much units gains when it ranks up. thank you

Patrician Artifex

unit_experience_bonuses

thank you, whats the name of the table that increases AI income? and AI difficulty income bonuses.

Hi guys,

I've been trying to craft my own lord using this tutorial but have been largely unsuccessful. There are just too many blanks for me to figure it out and I am a solid C student :p. I did however figure out how to manipulate variants and have made a pretty cool Caledorian Princess. Using mixus's lord mod I've adapted her in the game by over writing Imrik's entries but have this strange issue with her on a dragon. Not sure which pesky file is the problem. I was hoping someone here would know since you guys are pros! Any suggestions?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    You guys rock!

Patrician Artifex

What animation are you usign when she's on the dragon?

I suspect you are using a male animation (something with hu1d), which are not compatible with female skeleton( which is hu1b)
    Last edited by Steph; November 15, 2019 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    What animation are you usign when she's on the dragon?

I suspect you are using a male animation (something with hu1d), which are not compatible with female skeleton( which is hu1b)

From reading other posts I imagined it was a animation issue. I changed the one in land_units and added the hu1b dark elf dragon riding animation. I also added that animation to the culture_to_battle_table for the high elves, but nothing changed. Not sure if there is another table that I need to change. I did the same process for the horse animation and it worked, but the dragon one is still messed up.

Patrician Artifex

using hu1b dark elf dragon should be enough. Hard to help you more without looking at your actual files.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    using hu1b dark elf dragon should be enough. Hard to help you more without looking at your actual files.
    I figured it out. It was the officer entry on the Land_table. took a lot of detective work, but everything is up and running. Thank you very much.